Ratings for Dr. Yew C. Choo

Dr.Choo did my sisters ovarian cancer surgery 7 years ago. He is the most caring knowledgeable doctor we have ever met. Very kind, always available an doesn't rush. Cares about his patients.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2016

appointment availability was very reasonable. staff was friendly and courteous. dr. is polite, caring, knowledgeable and made me feel at ease. when I made the appt. I was very nervous and worried and he was calming and explained all procedures and his plan for me has always been clear cut, yet, he doesn't rush through the visit. answers all questions.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

Very good doctor. Would highly recommend him. He has called to check on me on his personal time. Last time he called was a sunday afternoon. Very kind and knowledgable.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

flag | Submitted August 20, 2011

I was diagnosed with invasive glandular adenocarcinoma. I had a radical hysterecomy w/nodes removed. Turns out the cancer was insitu and I developed lymphedema in my leg 9 mo. after surgery. Dr. Choo never warned me about lymphedema. There are signs to look for, but I had no idea and had never even heard the word "LYMPHEDEMA." Dr. Choo tried to treat me with diuretics which did not help and even make the condition worse. I now have to live with this condition for the rest of my life. I wish that I would have had a second opinion.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2011

DR. CHOO IS DEFINATELY THE BEST. I HAD STABE 3 CERVICAL CANCER WITH A GRIM PROGNOSIS. GOD HAS HIS HAND ON DR. CHOO. WITHOUT HIM I WOULDN'T HAVE SURVIVED. THANKS DR. CHOO. YOU ARE A WONDERFUL MAN.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2010

When I finally ot to Dr. Choo,s office, he performed surgery wihin 3 days. I had ovaran cancer, stage 3, with a 20% chance of survival. After surgery and 30 wks. of Chemo, I have been cancer-free for 9 years. I owe my life to God and Dr. Choo. Great doctor and a good, fair gentleman.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2010

After so many years of problems..first visit, Dr.Choo spent 2and half hours with my husband and I explaining everything. Surgery went well..the Dr. was very helpful post op! Soooo impressed! Never met a better Gyn. dr.! Thanks Dr. Choo!!!!!!!!!!

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

Brilliant and caring Dr. No one could ask for a better physician. When my Mother was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer, my sisters and I were terrified. We had so much conflicting information from several doctors we were never quite sure what to think. Dr. Choo was the only physician to be correct regarding every single diagnosis and prognosis. He is more than knowledgable;he has intuition. Being an (excellent) oncological surgeon is not just a job this man does, it's who he is.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2008

Dr. Yew C. Choo's Credentials

• Nat'L Univ Of Singapore, Fac Of Med, Singapore (Grad. 1972)

Bluegrass Family Health