Ratings for Dr. Hilton R. Pollock

I have seen Dr. Polluck and he is really great! However, I wanted to see a female doctor on my next visit since this made me feel more comfortable. In order to do this the staff had to "clear it" with the female doctor first and get back to me. Then, the staff treated me like a new patient, even though I've already been there to see Dr. Polluck, and they scheduled me too far out and it always conflicted with my menstrual cycle or work schedule. When I had to reschedule for the 4th time due to my period and work, the staff told me that if I failed to come to the next appointment, I could NEVER come back. I explained that it always conflicted due to my period or work and I always called in advance to reschedule--I never failed to arrive. Further, they never mentioned this "4 Strikes and You're Out" Policy, which I thought was unfair considering I always called in advance to reschedule. I could understand this if I just failed to arrive at all but not if I was responsible enough to call in advance to reschedule. Further, their staff then lectured me on why can't I simply schedule around my period properly and then I was forced to explain my medical history to them that I am severely irregular and it's impossible to schedule properly around my period. Then, the staff wanted me to come in to talk about my irregularities and I told them, I've already discussed that with Dr. Polluck and he said everything is fine, but why the heck should I explain this to the staff--that's NOT their job...their job is to schedule and NOT to inquire about my medical conditions...they are not nurses nor doctors and they are unqualified to make medical suggestions to patients. Again, Dr. Polluck was great but he seriously needs to hire some new staff...they are rude, presumptuous and unfriendly and those are the people who speak to clients / patients first...they are making a bad impression and now I'm leaving and taking my business elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

Dr. Pollock is the best GYN that I have ever had. He's an expert in his field and still has an excellent bedside manner. I highly recommend him, especially if other doctors have not been able to diagnose or are misdiagnosing you!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

I absolutely adore Dr. Pollock. I have been a patient for over 17 years. The office staff lacks in professionalism and customer service skills.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2013

Dr. Pollock was so helpful and sweet. I had a severe disorder that no other doctor could figure out. He did and I had surgery right away. He is top notch.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2013

Dr. Pollock is my personal hero. He is so much more than a great amazing doctor. As all previous comments, I agree with every single one of them and then some. You are a person to Dr. Pollock, not a patient. I have never had better bedside manner and someone so willing to help me find the issue of my pain. At severe obesity he gave me the opportunity and helped me have my daughter who turned 10 today. There is NOT another single doctor out there that would have took that risk with me. I owe him my life. I have a 10yr old beautiful daughter and it broke my heart more when we had to move away from Reno because I had to leave behind the single most kind hearted, understanding, patient, caring physician that knows me as a person, not a chart. Went above and beyond. Got me over to UC Davis, places and other doctors I needed to see. He's a wonderful person. 1000 characters couldn't even begin to sum it up.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2013

In 2009, I was told about Dr.Pollock by my employer. I had been bleeding on a daily basis for 5 years and NO DOCTOR would help me! They just kept telling me to take a birth control pill. I knew that was NOT the answer. I needed a D&C. I was getting so discouraged until I met Dr.Pollock. He was compassionate and concerned. He knew EXACTLY what was wrong and what needed to be done. He took care of it and continues to help me today. I am so thankful for him and those who recommended him. He is the BEST in the Reno/Sparks area!

flag | Submitted March 18, 2012

I absolutely adore Dr. Pollock. He is a wonderful man who is genuinely concerned with every patient he sees. I have seen him now for over 15 years, and couldn't imagine going to anyone else. I even have my daughter seeing him. His nurse is also absolutely wonderful. I love how he is completely honest, but yet sympathetic when the is right. Yet, he is not fake. He loves his job, the only time he was happier was when he was delivering babies. Again, I feel like I am extremely lucky to have found such an awesome doctor.

flag | Submitted October 7, 2011

Dr P is awesome!! First visit you meet with him in his office not the exam room so he can get to know you in a comfortable setting. I have a humorous approach to life which sometimes Dr's cant handle and he does very well. He explains anything you want to know and doesnt "discredit" anything you have to say or over stress you about lifestyle choices as some Dr's do. His bedside manner is top notch, havent had another other Dr like him.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2011

Top-notch surgeon and practitioner, with a wonderful bedside manner as well. Dr. Pollock is outstanding in every respect.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

I was first introduced to Dr Pollock several years ago when I went with a friend as support to discuss a surgery she needed. He was very thoughtful and caring. He made both of us feel at ease and even took the time to draw out a diagram to help explain the surgery. When I went for my first visit with him, he took the time to meet with you in his office and talks to you as a person not a patient. He takes your medical history (not the nurse as you sit 1/2 naked on the table) and discusses any concerns or issue you may have. It is just the little extra that you don't see with Doctors very often. His knowledge goes well beyond gynecology and if he doesn't have the exact answer, he will research and call you with his findings and recommendation. He has a wonderful way of putting you at ease, especially with awkward topics. He is a straight shooter, but never is an abrupt way. He obviously loves and respects women and is an asset to his profession.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2009

Dr. Hilton R. Pollock's Credentials

• Univ Of The Witwatersrand, Med Sch, Johannesburg, So Africa (Grad. 1975)

AHC