Ratings for Dr. Richard Cudmore

When I saw Dr. Cudmore in the ER, I found him to be aloof, rude and dismissive with a hint of misogyny. After waiting 3.5 hours, he spent less than 3 minutes with us. Rather than listening to the complaint that had brought us in, he just kept saying "your child isn't doing that now" and "this must be your first". Yes, 3.5 hours can change things, but doesn't negate the concern and of it returning and no this is my second (not that it should matter) His "advice" was to come back that night and see the other doctor if needed and follow up with family doctor. If I ever have to take a child in to the ER again due to walkin clinic being full or closed, I think I'll just drive to the city if I see him on again.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2016

Dr. Cudmore is the best. This man will always go the extra mile for his patients. Thanks!

flag | Submitted January 26, 2016

This guy is joke. don't waste your time with him because he will have no problem wasting yours. Waited with my daughter in emerg for three hours for his "diagnosis". He started treating my daughter, stopped took his 1:15 minute lunch break, came back, gave her prescription. When I asked if I should take the same prescription he told me he was treating her, if I wanted to recheck in and wait he could then treat me. Way to be efficient and helpful doc. Go stuff yourself.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Last night, Dr. Cudmore told me first that I was not pregnant, and then ten minutes later that I was pregnant (after the nurse informed him). Then, after a lot of discussion concerning my last period date etc., he told me that I was extremely early term pregnancy, and to go home and rest. I asked for options, and he told me that there was nothing else to do about this point. I imagined that I would be asked about whether or not I wanted to terminate, but instead was forced to awkwardly make it clear. He promptly left the room and returned with a list of clinics in Vancouver. At this point, I inquired about the pill which had been offered to my friend 6 years prior (while I was in the room), which was an option for early term pregnancy. Dr. Cudmore advised me that this option has not yet been approved and released in Canada. After I explained that it was, that I was positive of such, he told me that "it's not something we deal with here, you will have to go to the Women's Center". Today I phoned the Women's Center, who advised me that I can ask a doctor for a prescription, and pick up the termination pill at a local pharmacy. I suppose that I will need to see a different Doctor tonight.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2015

Dr.Cudmore is an amazing and knowledgeable Doctor. I have seen another Doctor who even remotely compares. I have moved all over and always come back to see him when I have an issue. Recently I have been under his care on a regular basis and despite previous reviews I never have a problem getting an appointment lots of times I can get in next day no issues. His wait times are not longer than average and he never rushes you out the door. He is very encouraging and never forgets to remind you that keeping fit and healthy should be your #1 priority. I don't find that offensive I find it caring and honest. I have never experienced anything other than good honest quality medical care. Cannot recommend him enough.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2013

Dr. Cudmore was the first doctor who listened to me regarding my son's medical concerns when other doctors just patted me on the back and told me it was "normal". He got to the root of the problem and we are eternally thankful. Yes he is blunt and to the point and this can appear rude and condesending to those individuals who are sensitive. I appreciate the fact that he doesn't beat around bushes and he is genuinely concerned about our health. GREAT doctor!!

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

Dr. Cudmore has been my doctor since childhood. I have a difficult medical condition, and he has always treated me with respect and dignity (even though I am overweight). He has always been honest with me, even though I have not wanted to hear it at times. If he cannot treat my condition, he immediately refers me to the specialists that can. The staff at the clinic are top notch. They will do their best to get you in and answer any questions you may have.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

This was who I was told was the "best doctor in Squamish" when I first moved here. I fail to see how a doctor who sees you once, sends you for tests and is never there for any of the follow up appointments that you are supposed to have with him can be considered even in the least bit helpful. Also found him to be condescending in attitude with the idea that because he is the doctor and you are the patient that you shouldn't question anything he says. Not my idea of helpful on any level.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2011

feel very confident under his care. have moved away but still come back to see him.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2009

I have left the community and miss Dr. Cudmore. He saw me through some pretty tough times. He always made time for me, counseled me, referred me and generally took pretty good care of me and my children health and life concerns. I will always remember him fondly and consider him not just my doctor after all these years, but a valued friend as well. I loved his honest, yet kind approach. Great bedside manners and a very knowledgeable and caring Doctor. He's always worth the wait.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2009