Ratings for Dr. Mirtha Kelijman

Abby F 2 reviews in the last week It's unfortunate that unfounded, negative comments can do harm to a wonderful doctor's on-line reputation. Trying to ignore the previous two comments (turns out they were fake. complaints) my husband was referred to Dr. Kelijman by his oncologist and we both feel very fortunate that we have found such a warm, caring physician. The office staff were very welcoming. Dr. Kelijman took all the time needed to review a complicated medical history to make the proper decisions for my husband. She was very thorough with explanations regarding the different medication options for diabetes, including allowing us the personal time in her private office to contact our insurance company to find out which medications were covered under our particular plan, giving us the lowest copays. We left our initial visit with a defínate treatment plan and an improved level of optimism. We would highly recommend Dr. Kelijman without any hesitation

flag | Submitted September 20, 2017

The worst staff I have ever encountered! The average wait time is 1-2 hours. I called last week to confirm my blood script with them because I was going out of town. They said they would send it to Quest. I got home and went to a 7:00 am. appointment. I waited 30 minutes and when I went in they told me the doctor had never sent it over. When I went home and called the doctor they said yes we see that you called, but no one ever sent it. So unprofessional!

flag | Submitted June 16, 2016

I have been to many Drs in South Florida. Dr. Kelijman always takes her time to explain things. After several other Drs, she help me get my sugar under control. This is one of the few places I did not feel like a number.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2014

Not very helpful, not explanations... insists on useless biopsies..

flag | Submitted March 3, 2014

I cannot say enough positive comments regards Kita, Tiffany and Dr. Kelijman. They are care tremendously about their patients. Response time in phenomenal even with a simple question. De. Kelijman does thoroughly see you as an individual person not in some group category. She takes the time and uses her knowledge to treat you as you need to be. You never feel like a number. Once you get to know her,, (you need to give her a chance), you will not regret that you are in great hands.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

Dr Kelijman is the most rude and offensive doctor I have ever had the misfortune to be treated by. She only does tests that she believes necessary, antiquated tests for thyroid function. She never answers any of your questions. Whatever symptom you bring to her, she'll reply in her usual way: "it has nothing to do with your thyroid" This review comes after several visits, due to my loyal nature..hoping that somehow she'd change..and that my condition would be well treated..neither has taken place. I can't speak for her diabetes treatment skills, but if you have thyroid issues..seek another doctor!

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

very poor bedside manner. didn't bother to explain my diagnosis of hashimoto's. simply said there was nothing wrong with my thyroid, even though i have hashimoto's. also very hard to understand--heavy accent. i would not recommend her to anybody. i would love to know of a better local endocrinologist in the area. i left her office crying.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2012

i have been treated by this doctor for 5 or 6 years. personally i have never encountered anyone as good as she is. i have nothing but praise for her and her knowledge and compassion and expertise. we need more like her. i refer her to anyone i encounter who has diabetes type 2. call me if you want further info. brian at 561-702-4236 and leave a message.

flag | Submitted November 2, 2011

The most Rude,Inconsiderate,insulting,condescending person i have ever come across in my life. Horrible experience.I would not recommend her to anyone..ever.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2011

This doctor is not knowledgeable and is difficult to communicate with, as is her staff. I am now seeing a new endrocrinologist who is getting me on the right track after my total thyroidectomy.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

Dr. Mirtha Kelijman's Credentials

• Univ De La Republica, Fac De Med, Montevideo, Uruguay (Grad. 1974)