Ratings for Dr. Shlomo M. Hellerstein

Dr Hellerstein has been taking care of my other for over 10 years he is a wonderful listener he makes my other feel like a person not a number she wouldn't think of going to anyone else nor would I His nurse Donna is a nurse sent from heaven she's never too busy to give on a hug she goes out of her way to help patients with anything they may need help with she is very much loved by all the patients in the dr office I would recommend Dr Hellerstein and his staff to anyone

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

I went to this Dr. for his specialty roughly 15 years ago and he quickly became my primary physician. He is thorough, knowledgeable, caring and follows every aspect of your needs. His primary nurse is also to-of-the line.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Dr. Hellerstein's office is very special to me. This doctor and his head nurse Donna, have taken care of my family for several years. He has cared for both sets of grandparents and my parents as well. I decided to go to him when I was having health issues because of the many year of great care that he has provided for my family. This doctor is unique in the fact that you do not feel like just a number. Other offices I have visited in the past have felt impersonal and they seem to shove you out the door, not taking the time to listen to what the problem is. The more clients they see, the more money they make. Dr. Hellerstein is not like that. He takes the time to listen to what the problem is and works with you to implement an effective treatment plan. I trust him with my family and with myself. I would recommend him to anyone looking for a doctor that cares about your well-being and is willing to take time to listen to what you have to say. Such doctors are a rarity these days.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2014

Dr.Hellerstein was referred to me by my heart Doctor (Dr. Komari ) in 2008. I had a terrible GI Dr. at that time and was put in the hospital for a revision on my stoma- That Doctor screwed me up so bad that I could have died - Went in to see Dr. Hellerstein , he check me over and asked all about my past health conditions and past surgeries. He took one look at my stoma and immediatly referred me to the best surgeon ( Dr. Kaheeb @ IUPUI Hospital ) to correct what the other Doctor should have done. So, within 2 weeks of seeing Dr. Hellerstein I was in surgery and finally got taken care of properly- He saved my life. He is a great Doctor and human being and has shown me nothing but compassion and has always taken care of anything or questions I have ( he is also seeing my Husband ). I can always count on getting the care I need - He is the best and I trust him with my health unconditionally!! Worth the wait time in the office; he takes time with each patient's needs accordingly.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2014

I have been a patient of Dr. Hellerstein's for 17 years and I find him to be extremely knowledgeable in pretty much all that he does. If he couldn't help me, he has no quarms about referring me to a doctor that can help. He has helped me through some trying times and has been able to help me thoroughly thru all of them. His follow-up is about the best I could possibly ask for and I trust him implicably. Yes, we may have to wait a little to see him almost every time but he is well worth the wait and I would not under any circumstances want to change my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2014

Dr. Hellerstein monitors my blood on a monthly basis. He always takes time to talk and ask questions about my health and well being. I also fell that I can ask any question and receive the proper answer.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2014

Years ago he did a colonoscopy on me in my regular doctors office. He took 10 samples of tissue from my colon and of coure put the air in me. I was in so much pain, and all dr. Hellerstein said to me was, oh you've had this done before, it can't hurt that bad. I had ulcerative colitis for yrs and have had numerous colonoscopies and he was the worst with pain and his bedside manner. Didn't like him at all and would never recommend him to anyone. All the other times over the yrs I always had it done in the hospital under meds, never like he did it in a dr's office. Never again...he had no compassion at all. I was about 52 at the time and I can tolerate alot of pain. He was unbeliveable and rude.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2014

Diagnosed me wrong! I have had pain in stomach. He said it was in my mind. i went to another doctor and he found a clogged artery.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2012

Was not helpful in any way getting me to better health. He was always oblivious as to why I was there to see him and I only went to him for one reason. Does not have any bed-side manners. He was very rude, obnoxious and totally out of line the last time I seen him. I have a wonderful doctor now and I am on a full road to recovery!

flag | Submitted May 2, 2009

Dr. Shlomo M. Hellerstein's Credentials

• The Hebrew Univ, Hadassah Med Sch, Jerusalem, Israel (Grad. 1969)