Ratings for Dr. Paul Cano

I had high blood pressure for years that he refused to diagnose, blamed everything on stress. If I was sick he said it was my asthma. I came back a bunch of times with a bad cough that turned out to be bronchitis because he said it was asthma. He is easy to talk to and listens well but I find that instead of researching or investigating he jumps to conclusions. Years ago he diagnosed me with a chemical imbalance and put me on medication, which didn't work. He just kept changing it. I did not have an imbalance, add it turns out, it was environmental depression. He admitted he knew nothing about depression at the time but had no problem diagnosing me with a chemical imbalance and putting me on medication that made me feel way worse. Glad I had the insight to take myself off medication and make changes in my life instead.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2016

Dr. Cano has been our family doctor for just over 21 years now. I have always found him to be punctual and friendly and a great listener. He is very good about making specialist appointments when needed and always follows up with a phone call to give results or check on how you are doing. I have always found him to be a caring doctor who is genuinely concerned about my health and that of my family. I would not hesitate to recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2013

Highly recommended. Since the office policies have changed I've gone through three pregnancies/births with him - many many appointments - not once did I wait longer than 20minutes. Very caring and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2012

Excellent, caring, knowledgeable and genuinely interested in the welfare of our family. Exellent Doctor!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2011

Very happy I was able to leave this DR. and join on with another DR at this medial facility. Will not ever go back to him not even if my DR is away. Nice guy but I question if he has a real degree?

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Worst doctor ever! The staff are always rude and miserable whenever you go in. You wait in the waiting room for hours(not an exagereation at all!!) then when you do get called in, he rushes you out. He frequently leaves the room to make or take phone calls, etc. while in the middle of my appointments! Ice and Advil are his recommendations for everything. The stupiest thing is that if you call for an appointment later on in the week, they tell you to call back that day at 9.

Submitted April 27, 2010

He is one of the worst doctors I have ever had! Ice and Advil is his advice for everything! The staff are just plain awful and rude. The whole office atmosphere just sucks. The dumest thing is that if you call to make an appointment for later on down the road, they tell you to call back on that day and they will see if they have appoinments available. Just writing this review makes me sooo mad! I hate the office so much!!!

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

Maybe fine for regular sicknesses but lousey when the first analysis was proven wrong by a few tests. He did not refer me unless I recommended who I wanted to see. His inept diagnostic ability & lack of research made me very sick & put on a lot of weight. Argued with my past doctors' correct diagnosis & would not research for me. Would not supply the medicine that worked before. Did not want to learn about post-polio problems. I left him 3 years ago & with other medical people's help, I have improved a lot. I do not recommend him at all.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Dr. Cano has been my doctor for the last 12 years, and although he is not terribly punctual, he usually does not seem rushed while in the room. He is always willing to refer on, something I have generally benefitted from. He has taken care of our large family capably and compassionately. He is not terribly open to anything natural, however that doesn't seem to be something unheard of in the medical field. I feel comfortable trusting him with the health of my family, and that counts for alot in my book.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2008

Dr. Cano has been my family's doctor for the past 18 years. He is thorough, concientious and caring. Has a good sense of humour, and if he doesn't know the answer to something, doesn't hestitate to look it up. Excellent doctor. Will refer on to specialists if he feels out of his league. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2008