Dr. Sai Murty

World Class Punctuality Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Sai Murty

Dr Murty has been my dentist for the last 12 years. She is extremely knowledgeable, professional and empathetic. I am very happy with her expertise and highly recommend her to anyone seeking for a dentist in Halifax.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I was shocked to read the previous comment. The person must be racist and highly prejudiced. Dr Murty is incredibly professional and so knowledgeable. Been a patient for 12 years and love her! Recommend you book an appointment and see for yourself as to her compassion and kindness. An amazing dentist. H.E.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2016

She's the best, a couple times she didn't charge me for certain things. She cares.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

Dr Murty is great but her office staff are horrible. Every time I go they tell me insurance approved x amount but then I get a bill for much more than the quote. The first time I went I said I didn't want all the bells and whistles for exrays but they told me they were covered, I had them done but got a bill. They were good about it and waived the extra fee but it's happened again and they blame the insurance company. Isn't it their job to communicate with the insurance provider and find out worst case scenario or highest payment and advise the customer before they decide to purchase. I understand it happening once but not multiple times. I also dislike when I tell them I was quoted x and they say no one in their office would have given that quote as if I'm making things up. That's just not cool.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Dr. Murty is very nice and she is defiantly very friendly and helpful, she seems willing to go out of her way to explain things and make sure you have good care.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2015

The staff were okay. They're a bit harassing on the phone trying to get you to come in for your checkup. I told them my insurance only covered one exam per year and they insisted that that wasn't the way they worked and that I should come in at 6 months. I declined. I got two fillings done with her at one time. Both of them were "high". I had to come in to get them corrected - something that takes maybe 5 to 10 minutes and was charged for their mistake! She was well over 30 minutes late. On my wife and myself she tried to push adult braces when this has NEVER been brought up by another dentist. Then she tried to push a mouth guard on me (out of pocket was about $80). I went and got a drug store one for $30. Didn't work for me. When I came back and told her, she said that getting one at the drug store would be what she would have done too (why didn't she mention this? Because she's more concerned about money than the patient). There are much better dentists. Keep Looking!

Submitted October 18, 2013

I freely admit that I was hesitant in seeing Dr. Murty as she was of Indian descent, because I worried I might struggle trying to understand someone with a strong Indian accent--and be understood--but she speaks better English than me! I am SO glad I went to see her. This is the BEST dentist I have ever seen, in any city ANYWHERE. She is so extremely knowledgeable (found the reason for an aching tooth other dentist missed), she's uses the latest technologies and procedures, and she's just a top notch dentist. I trust her COMPLETELY now (something no other dentist ever earned from me). I've seen her 4 times so far, and I feel so lucky to have found her. I truly could not find a better dentist. I hope she never leaves Halifax!!

flag | Submitted October 1, 2013

I got some fillings done by her and she couldn't get my mouth to freeze. She tried to tell me one of my teeth could possibly need a root canal when she admitted earlier she could "barely see the cavity". How can a whole tooth be rotten if you can barely see the cavity??? She tried to point it out on the x-ray (similiar to a previous post) but naturally I could not see. She continued to fill the other tooth despite the fact I could feel every little sensation pulsating down the nerve of my tooth and was clearly uncomfortable/almost in tears. She put a temporary on the potential root canal tooth and sent me on my way with advil. It is now a couple of days later and I wake up and cannot open my jaw on that side of my mouth. Needless to say I will not be going back there. I went in for a routine check up and now I have major pain and lock jaw. I'm extremely skeptical as to whether I even needed the fillings or if she just saw the potential to abuse my benefits which pay 100%.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

I have been with Dr Murty for over 10 years and have followed to each location...She has made something I once dreaded I bit more pleasurable. The only negative I can really say is she has changed her locations several times and not always accessible..

flag | Submitted February 5, 2013

Knowledgable and most patient. I have seen her recently for a few dental issues of which none were previously diagnosed. She was patient and explained things calmly without rushing. She's awesome.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2011

Dr. Sai Murty's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients