Ratings for Dr. Michael J. Decker

Dr. Decker saw my mother in Sept, 2013 with severe pain in right lower part of back at the bottom of ribs. He looked at x-ray only and diagnosed that her lower rib was putting pressure on her pelvis and this was causing pain. I asked if he would order a CT scan and/or MRI to verify there wasn't anything else that could be the cause. He refused indicating he knew what was wrong and gave her shot and re-check in 4 weeks. Upon returning in 4 weeks with pain the same, he suggested using risers on bed, egg crate to sleep on and basically just living with the pain. I once again asked for a CT scan and/or MRI. Once again Dr. Decker seemed insulted that I was "questioning" his diagnosis and repeated what he "thought" was wrong. I left his office very upset and discouraged at his arrogant, self-righteous attitude. It took me an addtl 6 weeks to get in to see another specialist, which upon CT scan results showed an enormous malignant tumor (CANCER). CT SCAN SHOWED THIS..she died April 16, 2014!!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

great dr until you tell him you dont want as much pain meds.He does not like when you request less meds,it means less money for him.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

I went to Dr. Decker with alot of reservations about pain doctors, I had been wrongfully discharged from my previous doctor, so I wasn't expecting to much from Dr. Decker, however I was truly suprised when he came in, he was polite, caring, and truly took time to listen to my concerns, he made me feel like a person, not just some pain med junky, I don't think there is a better doctor in this field, I would highly reccomend Dr. Decker. His office staff are just as polite and caring as well, don't get me wrong every office has it's cranky pants person, but I will say this offic seems to be on top of their game, not to mention its in a very safe area, I don't have to feel as though I'm going to get mugged on my way to and from the car.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2013

I've been seeing Dr. Decker for 17+ years, and he is both a caring, and understanding Dr. He cares about you, and your problems. I've been to some Drs who make you wait forever, and then when they do get to your room,they take a glancing look at you, and head to the next room. Those kind of Drs I DO NOT go back to. I recommend Dr. Decker highly. The fact that I have been seeing him all these years, is proof enough!

flag | Submitted July 8, 2012

Dr. Michael J. Decker's Credentials

• Case Western Reserve University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)