Ratings for Dr. Jesmin Mitra

I've gone to Dr Mitra for years after being tired of putting up with male drs stupid grins when I would ask them a question. Dr Mitra is through in our health concerns but she can be quite rough in examinations and snootie this last time that I went to her. She is late and like one other person stated, we sit there in a cold room in a paper cover for a good 45 minutes to an hour. She is good at detecting health problems but I will not go back to her. She's due for retirement.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2016

Dr. Mitra is very good at her job and very good with her patients.

flag | Submitted July 24, 2012

I absolutely love Dr. Mitra. She is wonderful. The office is occasionally busy and I have had to wait but this is not unusual for a busy doctor's office. I have never had any of the problems described by the others. She is very knowledgeable. She has never pushed birth control on me and I have never felt she was too rough during an exam. I would recommend her to anyone looking for a doctor.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2012

She is very late.... Very often. I was there first appt of the day and she didnt even leave her house. Awful. No Manners. Staff typically covers for her. I too was left in a room for quite a while.. waiting.. just waiting. If the room is full I go home and tell them my time is valuable too.

flag | Submitted October 13, 2011

Dr. Mitra is the first doctor that I have felt nothing but extremely trustworthy with. Going to the gyno is very difficult for some women, and with her she makes me so comfortable. I would recommend her to anyone. I recently moved from PA to MD, and always come back from MD to see her. She is worth it! The best thing is she listens to what you have to say, and is very honest and open with you.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2011

Pros: She is friendly for the most part and her office staff is pretty nice Cons: Waited 1 hr with gown on for her to come in room(was about to walk out when she came in). It's bad enough to have to lay there naked, but then to have to wait THAT long was just unbearable. She pushes birth control on you which I feel should be every woman's choice. She can be rough during the exam although she is quick. One time her assistant told her to do something because she "forgot" something, not sure what it was, just glad someone else was there in the room at the time to remind her. As a result, I would not go back there again.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2009

Dr. Jesmin Mitra's Credentials

Personal Injury Protection (PIP)
Workers Comp