Ratings for Dr. Greg R. Sobeck

I saw Dr. Sobeck for unexplained chronic knee pain that had me hobbling around, unable to use stairs. At first Dr. Sobeck was kind and professional, but when my MRI came back and did not readily explain the pain, he became dismissive, telling me, "You came to the wrong doctor," but he prescribed pain medication. After I followed his suggestion to see a Rheumatologist, I called and emailed Dr. Sobeck with follow-up questions for weeks, and never got a response. When I needed a refill of the pain medication, he did not respond to my repeated requests, causing me sudden withdrawl from narcotics without any sort of guidance for weaning off nor assistance in finding an alternative form of pain control. Dr. Sobeck might be a fine doctor for you if you have a broken bone or something torn, but he is not the guy to help with a mystery diagnosis. If you do go to Dr. Sobeck for surgery, make sure to discuss pain medication beforehand and make sure he is willing to prescribe you enough, and to give you a refill if necessary.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2015

He was referred to me by a friend who used him for two hip replacement surgeries. I am healing from my own hip replacement surgery. I have found him to be very competent, very knowledgeable, very humble and very matter of fact. A nurse told me that his patients heal very fast with minimal infections. I recommend him very highly.

flag | Submitted September 16, 2014

flag | Submitted May 2, 2009

I really like Dr Sobeck. He tells you the truth, and is very matter a fact. He answers all questions you ask. Both my husband and I liked him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

No bedside manner

flag | Submitted August 13, 2007

Dr. Greg R. Sobeck's Credentials

• Pa State Univ Coll Of Med, Hershey Pa 17033 (Grad. 1994)

GHI