Ratings for Dr. Edward A. Sherwin

This doctor was extremely rude and arrogant. He did not allow me to speak and would consistently cut me off, even when I was answering questions he asked me. I was unable to tell him several pieces of information about my health that he needs to know. He has no empathy whatsoever. I have been unable to eat for two and a half months, subsisting on water and Jell-O. I have lost a great deal of weight (some of that was good to lose). I asked if I should attempt to eat; his response was that I'm not going to starve to death. And he cared not one iota about any pain I've been in. When I asked questions, he was very condescending in his answers, and several times did not answer my questions at all. He made a very sexist joke to me, and when I was offended, told me that I could always go somewhere else if I'm not happy there. All this after waiting nearly eight weeks just to see him!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2017

This doctor severely damaged my esophagus during a stretching he did for no good reason while I was in for an endoscopy I never had swallowing issues now I can't swallow for over a week I put in several calls to him and he has still not answered me never even spoke to me after the procedure

flag | Submitted January 24, 2015

This doctor is dismissive, hurried, rude, condescending and seems annoyed by questions. Do not recommend.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2013

I don't doubt that he knows his stuff. He's an intelligent doctor. But I didnt like his attitude at all. He was dismissive and always seemes to be in a hurry to get me in and out. I feel as though he did not take me seriously because I was young and supposed to be "healthy". And when I tried to honestly describe my symptoms and how they seemed to be interrelated to other body systems, he became irritated with me and blew off my concerns. I'm not planning on going back, I dont want a doctor that I cant have frank and open conversations with.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2010

I went to several different doctors trying to find out what was wrong with me. These other doctors ordered multiple tests and procedures but I wasn't any better. Dr. Sherwin made an accurate diagnosis and I feel like a different person! He was so caring and down to earth. I felt like I was truly a person to him not just a diagnosis. I would highly recommend Dr.Sherwin to anyone with any kind of digestive problem. I love this doctor!

flag | Submitted August 10, 2008

Dr. Edward A. Sherwin's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1976)

Coventry Healthcare