Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey W. Grolig

Dr. Grolig without exception arrived between one, or two hours late for every appointment. His diagnosis of my condition was later proven by far superior doctors to be inept, and medication inadequate. Avoid his "treatment", or you will face the dire consequences.

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

I switched doctors for my failed ankle fusion because the previous doctor kept giving me the run around and my case NEVER went anywhere. Once I got with Dr.Grolig things FINALLY started moving right along, within the first 4 weeks I had already had a bone scan set up and a game plan was in place. Such a breath of fresh air because my previous doctor would bring me into the office for a regular check up and all he would say is " well, see you in two weeks". Dr.Grolig finds answers to your questions and injuries. Dr.Grolig is very kind, caring and compassionate doctor and sympathies with his patient's frustrations and works very hard to relieve your worry. The ladies that work for him are truly angels, they always answer my questions no matter how many times I ask the same question. Dr.Grolig you have been a blessing to me and an answered prayer. Thank you just doesn't seem to be enough to let you know how much you have helped me.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2014

I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Grolig. The first time I met Dr. Grolig in 1999 I was referred to him from Spine Care at Daly City, Ca. I was involved in a MVA that effected my lower back. I was on SSDI and was able to get off of it and return to work as an RN again. In 2012 I was involved in another MVA and injured my back again. I had not seen Dr. Grolig for several years, and I called his office I was scheduled to be seen the next day. Any time I required an emergency visit Dr. Grolig and staff have done their best to get me seen ASAP. I find Dr. Grolig be exceptionally knowledgeable in his area of expertise, and utilizes evidence based practice in his care. He always takes time to listen to me, and gives me attainable short and long term goals for me to achieve towards my healing. Currently, I am doing so much better, he has given me my life back. I recommend him highly.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2014

Dr. Grolig has been my pain management doc since 1999. While punctuality isn't his strong suit, I must admit that when it comes to taking however long I need for an appointment he always comes thru - sometimes even 50 or 60 minutesm which puts him even furher behind. I wish all his patients would think about that before giving him a bad rating. He's alway been very helpful and knowledgeable & got me thru one of the worst times in my entire life. I feel he is not just a doctor but also a friend. Very compassionate and caring man.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2013

As a healthcare professional, I was appalled when he said,"I became a lawyer so I could get paid." Then later recanted, "I did it to help my patients." Having spoken with my insurance company, he is known for finding ways (procedures, frequent visits) to gouge the insurance companies. He let me go for over 6 months with a herniated disc before ordering an MRI. The surgeon said had he dealt with it sooner, surgery would have not been needed. He was is insulting if you question him or he evades answers. I reviewed some of my healthcare records which included some data which was not factual. I left his pratice and got opinions/interviewed other physiatrists (in and out of the Redding area) and was amazed to see how much less they prescribe medicine, promote exercise/physical therapy, are less prone to invasive procedures (trigger point injections), and require less frequent visits. Having been an EMT/RN, I would never recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr Grolig for many years and he has helped me more than any other Dr. He know how to get things approved through workers comp when others can't. My life is much easier, I can move without pain. I would recommend Dr. Grolig to anyone with pain.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2009

I have been a patient of his for 5 years. He has always been very attentive to me and his staff is always helpful. The office is a friendly, happy place. He spends as much time with me that is necessary to get all my questions answered.I think that may be why he is not always on schedule. But after working in the medical field I personally find this atribute wonderful, as most Dr's just rush you in and out. I have never experienced that with him or any of his staff. When I first started seeing him I was on many more meds than I currently am on now. He had helped give me my life back!!! I am very grateful to him. He has gone to bat up against my insurance co, and gotten things authorized that no ther Dr. has ever been able to.I hope this is helpful to other patient's looking for a caring Dr.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2009

I had seen this doctor for many many years and he was never on time. Only "his" time schedule seem to matter. Never got out of the office in less than 2 hours from an appointment. Does not like to be questioned on his decisions about the meds he chooses for you and talks over you even when you are trying to answer the questions that he just asked on your medical situation. Then there is a report of the exact opposite of what you just said for the answer you gave. Always talks about the other patients to other patients and the staff. Needs to pay attention to the procedure he is doing on the patients because he has a tendency to ramble on about everything else rather than paying attention to where he is placing the needles and if put in the wrong spot by even a spec can mame you for life. Which in turn will turn out to be your fault for chooseing to be there and you'll have to live with that for the rest of your life.

flag | Submitted February 23, 2007

Dr. Grolig has been my doctor for the past 2 years. He is very professional and I would definitely recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2007

very distracted with talking about other patients and other issuses and that affects how he pays attention to doing his procedures on you in "your" appointment time with him. Being distracted like that causes injuries on a high level scale and even possible permanent damage for the rest of your life!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2006

Dr. Jeffrey W. Grolig's Credentials

• Baylor Coll Of Med, Houston Tx 77030 (Grad. 1984)