Dr. Anthony D. Alfieri

Ratings for Dr. Anthony D. Alfieri

He spent the whole time trying to flirt with me and making comments about my appearance when I was there with my father-in-law. I made hubby take him after that. Completely inappropriate and uncomfortable.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2018

These people are RUDE. UNPROFESSIONAL. SCAMMERS. I went in for a VEIN consultation for injections for spider veins. Dr. Alfieri proceeded out of nowhere to give me his unsolicited advice on my weight stating that he works in weight loss management as well and I should not consider "gastric bypass surgery yet." I workout 5+ days a week, sometimes hiking up to 6 miles a day. I am very healthy. No diabetes, heart disease, cholesterol issues etc. I eat extremely clean. I am on no medications. I may need to lose some lbs, but gastric bypass?? That is so unsafe! He then went on to offer me a cocktail of 2 drugs to combat weight loss. After doing some research, the 2 drugs that he suggested are not FDA approved in combination due to increased risk for cardiovascular and liver issues. Anyway, I should have cancelled all appointments right then and there, but I was desperate to get my legs done. Fast forward -> After an ultrasound, Dr. Alfieri stated that I needed a more invasive procedure other than vein injections. He stated that he would do both legs for cash at $500 a piece so 1k together. I later called the office to see what it would cost to go through my insurance and they stated over 5k (I think $5200 was the quote). RED FLAG - what are they charging BCBS if I could pay $500 per leg cash??? And, on top of all that, the 2 women I dealt with on the administrative side were so rude. Very poor customer service. This whole office is unbelievable, like something out of a bad movie or Dateline special. STAY AWAY.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Had a vein procedure done on both legs. I now feel great! Even my hips and back improved after the procedures. He has a very engaging personality and the staff is very helpful and personable. Recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2018

Dr Anthony Alfieri is a “total person” doctor. He has been pro-active and accommodating with my situation from day one. I had a terrible problem with varicose veins and he gave me excellent treatment. Dr Alfieri was informative, accommodating and very helpful in getting me to reaching my goals! Overall I found I found Dr Alfieri to be honest, straightforward in his treatment and thorough in his follow up. I am extremely pleased with my results! It is sad that others can not get past such stereotypic opinions as a white coat or combining shots with office visits. Dr Alfieri is definitely working in the favor of his patients not the system. That’s my kind of doctor!

flag | Submitted January 27, 2018

Saw Dr. Alfieri today for spider vein treatment. 9:15 appoinment. 9:40 placed in room, saw nurse, took blood pressure, nurse left. 10:30 man enters room. No introduction, no white coat, no stethoscope. Starts talking about today's procedure, I guess he assumed everyone recognizes him as a doctor. First he questioned the intelligence of my PCP because of my prescribed statin, 'No doctor in their right mind would prescribe that drug!'. Second informed me my procedure would be free. Wow! Free! Why I asked, knowing full well nothing is free AND he was billing my insurance company. Dr. A explained he bills the insurance company for a cardiology consult so that the vein treatment will be covered, perfectly legal (he said that part twice), But any follow ip treatment I would have to pay for because it would be illegal for him to bill the insurance, since the vein treatment is really cosmetic. I told him I expected insurance to deny the claim and I would pay, but he asssured me, today's visit, perfectly legal. Ive never been to a medical professional who felt they needed to assure me that they were doing things legally. 10:35 procedure begins. 5 vials of meds are injected into leg veins, approximately 40 to 50 injections. Not a fun time, very painful. Ironically, it was Dr A who used the F bomb when talking about how expensive pet care is. 10:45 Dr. A informs we're done. Literally. We're done. He wont do any further treatments, I'm not a good candidate because I complained the injectios hurt. To quote Dr. A, 'I will not be abused by a patient, especially when I am doing you a favor'. OMG! What an experience! Now I understand why he brought up the legal issue. He sells his practice as a vein center but because most vein therapies arent covered by insurance, he bills it as a cardiology consult. Nothing looks fishy because there will be no follow up. During his abuse rant, he said there was nothing in vein treatment for him, he doesnt enjoy it, there are other places to go. So he does one treament, bills insurance, crys abuse, denies future treatment. Easy money. I know I'm not the first to get conned, he complained about other patients during his rant. So to sum up. My PCP is no good. I am an abusive patient. Dr. Anthony Alfieri is a saint, who makes no money, performs treaments as favors, and only does things that are legal. I wonder if the insurance commissioner would see it the same way?

flag | Submitted September 29, 2017

I waited for 1 hr and 15 min. and wasn't addressed except when asked for payment. Finally asked how much longer it was going to take before I was seen. Was told I would be next even though patients that were scheduled 45 minutes or more after me we're already taken in.. when I was finally seen by doctor Alfieri he spent a Whole 30 seconds discussing my issue then went on to talk about my vacation and where I went and Googling it. Very unprofessional and arrogant.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2017

Incredibly unprofessional in his demeanor and bedside manner. Office is horrible as well. Avoid at all costs

flag | Submitted February 8, 2017

Had a few important miscommunications between him, his staff, and the sleep study clinic next door. It all could have been avoided if they were more organized. Instead, I wasted a lot of time and came back with nothing. I wrote him explaining the mistakes they had made, and he never got back to me. I would not recommend.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Not sure what other patients encountered,but this doctor tells me exactly what I need to hear. He does not sugar coat the issues. If I was healthy, I wouldn't be here!! He is extremely knowledgeable and understands explains what I need to do to be healthy. I must be take responsibility of following his advice. If you are not ready to make a lifestyle change and become healthy, then this is not the doctor you should see. Otherwise, he is a smart, conscientious doctor that wants to help. Good luck to all!!

flag | Submitted December 13, 2013

I am not one to resort to rating anyone - however, just be careful!!!!. Yes, he is what I would consider highly opinionated - if you do not see the subject at hand from his perspective - that is a strike against you. I feel he is probably a good doctor for anyone who does not have a medical concern, medical question, and/or medical challenge. You can not express your opinion and expect it not to be challenged by him. Would I say he is rude? - He leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to his social etiquette. Would I recommend him to anyone - NO!!!!! Would I trust him as my doctor - NO!!!!!! No one wants to give their doctor a bad rating - but I feel in all fairness to those seeking out a medical doctor in a specialized field they need to have some insight of what type of professional service they can expect to receive or the service others have encountered.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2012

Dr. Anthony D. Alfieri's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1985)

MSP/BC Med