Ratings for Dr. Patrick Tierno

Love Dr.The and hi wife...has been my doctor for 27 yrs....staff is wonderful

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

Dr. Tierno knew a lot, but he was very unprofessional. He had half naked men in his office. This really creeped me out. His wife had creepy dolls in her office too. The dolls just sit there and stare at you. To me they were just weird people. Every time I went in there for pain they said nothing was wrong with me. Come to find out I had endometriosis. I came back with more pain after this. They told me I was crazy. Come to find out I had infections. I don't like the way that Dr. Tierno talked to me. He did not listen to me when something was wrong. Also, if you go in there for something personal Dr. Tierno judges you, and says inappropriate things. I think that he should just retire already.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Dr. Tierno can be a good doctor but he does not listen to his patients.He delivered my 1st child and refused to give me pain meds during the delivery.I had my son natural with some meds to help me sleep in between contractions.I remember telling him that my son was about to be delivered after he induced my labor, and he said I still had 4 hours to go.My son was almost delivered by me.It was only discovered by his nurse after my mother checked and confirmed that the head was almost out.As a result I split all the way up my rectum. I swore I would never return to him except that it is extremely hard to get into other OBGYN's in this area. I had a partial hysterectomy for endometriosis and fibroids by him. The surgery seemed to be successful until, 4 wks later (after complaining for 2 wks prior), I called because my pain wasn't getting any better and insisted he saw me.He then discovered that I had e-coli in my cervix.I had to be hospitalized to resolve a problem I later discovered was a result of him nicking my bowel.

flag | Submitted June 3, 2014

The staff is very friendly and courteous. The wait time can be a little bit but it's well worth it. Dr.Tierno is very knowledgeable and and informative. He will go through great lengths for understanding and even show pictures if needed. Overall a great experience and recommend others to see him.

flag | Submitted May 12, 2014

I love Dr. T, I travel two hrs for my visits. When I call the ladies are very professional and personable. My wait time is less than five minutes. Dr. T is awesome! We have to get him some more pictures. LOL

flag | Submitted March 7, 2014

Dr. Tierno is a great doctor. I had very heavy periods and alot of stomach pain and he did surgery on me and discovered that I had fibroid tumors and endometriosis as well. After removing the endometrosis and fibroid tumors two months later I was pregnant with my son. I had used birth control for 6 years and 6 years off and used nothing. He is great answering any concerns you may have and took time to make sure that I understood everything. I would truly recommend him to anyone

flag | Submitted September 28, 2012

I love Dr. Tierno- I tried for several years to get pregnant without any luck. I had other issues, such as bad cramping and heavy periods that lasted weeks. I went to several other doctors who didn't seem to think my problem was a problem. One visit with Dr. Tierno and he scheduled surgery. Two months later I was pregnant with my first chid. Thanks to him I have a beautiful family of two boys who I couldn't imagine life without.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2012

My daughter has other major medical issues and he didn't want to hear anything I had to say as far as dealing with getting a 2nd opinion in regards to surgery, because any surgeries my daughter must go to hospital out of state and he told me that "We don't do authorizations here and I won't send my patients out of state". Doctors in this area are not advanced enough to handle my daughters health issues. She is a text book case. Cardiologist in this state only reads about someone like her. Dr. Tierno looked at my daughter and said, "Are you done speaking now cause I have other patients". My daughter is a patient as well and he didn't listen to her concerns because he thinks he's capable of doing surgery to her when he knows nothing of all her medical issues. And he has referred to penis as weiner. Me and my daughters opinion is he is not very professional at all. Only reason my daughter is going there is because all the good doctors aren't taking new patients.

flag | Submitted June 13, 2012

After complaining to my several ob/gyn's about feeling bad and having a pulling feeling in the lower abdomen. I also had extremely bad pms and cramping. No one could find an answer to my problems. That is until, I went to Dr. Tierno. Within three weeks, I was in surgery. I have laproscopic pictures of my ovary wrapped around my bowel. My uterus was covered with fybroids and endometreosis. He is the best ob/gyn I have ever been too. I didn't care what was on the walls of his office, I wanted his expertise, and that was what I recieved!! He is an excellent OB/Gyn. He also found I was a hypo thyroid, that the others missed. Great Doctor.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2010

Dr. Tierno was a very poor doctor. His office was unprofessional. There were pictures of the Chippendales on the ceiling above the GYN exam tables. When he delivered my son, he kept saying - 5 more minutes and we'll do a C section, but he never did. I ended up needing a hundred stitches for the tearing. When I went back several months later complaining of pain with sex, he told me I had a mental disorder. Ultimately I went to a different physician and was treated through 2 surgeries for extensive scar tissue related to the tearing. In the interim, I had to have my attorney request my medical records from this office as they would not provide them to me. I would not recommend Dr. Tierno.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2008

Dr. Patrick Tierno's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Lovelace Health Plan