Ratings for Dr. Michael Tamilia

I have never encountered a gentler, better doctor. I've found him SUPERB in his listening skills, seeming compassion, judgment and willingness to help. It's no wonder to me that he won the AWARD FOR MEDICAL EXCELLENCE (see youtube).

flag | Submitted May 21, 2017

Excellent doctor ..very knowledgeable and experienced ..his approach is very professional and reassuring .. and I heard lots of amazing things of him from my patients

flag | Submitted April 24, 2017

Excellent medicin, j'ai consulté plusieurs endocrinologues, mais c'est le seul que en TOUCHANT ma glande thyroide il m'a dit : operation au plus vite, j'avait 6 kistes sur 7 cancéreuses, GRAZIE Dr Tamilia!!!

flag | Submitted February 9, 2017

Wonderful doctor. He follows many people in my family because 7 of us had thyroid cancer. He is knowlegable, thorough, patient and very kind. So grateful to have him as a doctor

flag | Submitted November 9, 2016

I see Dr Tamilia once a year and he is very respectful and polite. He takes timIe with you and gives you a good examination. He gives you the results of your blood tests. I find he caring towards his patients. He is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Amazing Doctor. He is extremely patient and kept me calm. Thank you so much. I'm forever indebted to you.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Tamilia for about 5 years now and I find it difficult to imagine him being arrogant as some have indicated below, that is just not in his nature. Besides being an expert in his field, he is one of the few doctors who takes his time with and respects his patients.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

He took two needle biopsies after two had already been done at another hospital before making a decision to remove half of the thyroid. Normally he prefers to remove it totally but chose to use the least intrusive approach. The growth on the thyroid turned out to be benign and I am happy to have the left side of my thyroid. It appears that no synthroid will be needed. The Doc has a super bedside manner and was very willing to collaborate on the process with my surgeon at a different hospital. He is the best!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

If you’re seeking a top notch endocrinologist, Dr. Tamilia (JGH) is your man. When I saw him about my wildly unstable thyroid (Grave’s Disease), he took his time in outlining my treatment options (these were, staying with medications constantly having to be adjusted, undergoing thyroid elimination via radio-active iodine, or by surgery). He then explained the advantages and disadvantages of each, resulting in my then opting for surgery, whereupon he named the surgeons at the JGH who did this procedure; at which, I chose Dr. Richard Payne who, years earlier, had operated on my wife’s thyroid, with great success. But then following my surgery, Dr. Tamilia kept me informed about the results of subsequent blood tests that I needed to take (to keep track of my TH levels). Accordingly, he kept me advised, regarding the strength of the Synthroid doses I should take. In sum, what I have particularly valued in my dealings with Dr. Tamilia has been his conscientiousness and patience in clearly articulating my treatment options, and thereafter, respecting my choices - and his follow-ups. A true professional!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Tamilia is a great,caring and very knowledgeable. I had thyroid cancer and he was there every step of the way. Answered all my questions and fears. It is 6 yrs later and I am still seeing him. Only downfall is that it is hard to reach his secretary but then again it has nothing to do with him being a great doctor. Thanks for your wonderful care.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012