Ratings for Dr. Michael Tamilia

I see Dr Tamilia once a year and he is very respectful and polite. He takes timIe with you and gives you a good examination. He gives you the results of your blood tests. I find he caring towards his patients. He is an excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2016

Amazing Doctor. He is extremely patient and kept me calm. Thank you so much. I'm forever indebted to you.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. Tamilia for about 5 years now and I find it difficult to imagine him being arrogant as some have indicated below, that is just not in his nature. Besides being an expert in his field, he is one of the few doctors who takes his time with and respects his patients.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2015

He took two needle biopsies after two had already been done at another hospital before making a decision to remove half of the thyroid. Normally he prefers to remove it totally but chose to use the least intrusive approach. The growth on the thyroid turned out to be benign and I am happy to have the left side of my thyroid. It appears that no synthroid will be needed. The Doc has a super bedside manner and was very willing to collaborate on the process with my surgeon at a different hospital. He is the best!!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2014

If you’re seeking a top notch endocrinologist, Dr. Tamilia (JGH) is your man. When I saw him about my wildly unstable thyroid (Grave’s Disease), he took his time in outlining my treatment options (these were, staying with medications constantly having to be adjusted, undergoing thyroid elimination via radio-active iodine, or by surgery). He then explained the advantages and disadvantages of each, resulting in my then opting for surgery, whereupon he named the surgeons at the JGH who did this procedure; at which, I chose Dr. Richard Payne who, years earlier, had operated on my wife’s thyroid, with great success. But then following my surgery, Dr. Tamilia kept me informed about the results of subsequent blood tests that I needed to take (to keep track of my TH levels). Accordingly, he kept me advised, regarding the strength of the Synthroid doses I should take. In sum, what I have particularly valued in my dealings with Dr. Tamilia has been his conscientiousness and patience in clearly articulating my treatment options, and thereafter, respecting my choices - and his follow-ups. A true professional!

flag | Submitted September 23, 2014

Dr. Tamilia is a great,caring and very knowledgeable. I had thyroid cancer and he was there every step of the way. Answered all my questions and fears. It is 6 yrs later and I am still seeing him. Only downfall is that it is hard to reach his secretary but then again it has nothing to do with him being a great doctor. Thanks for your wonderful care.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2012

Best doctor, kind, patient, helpful, goodknowledge. He attends me, my husband and daughter in law...we are all very satisfied and won't change him for anything....God bless you Dottore.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2011

I had a very bad experience with this doctor. I’m waiting, and I hope one day I will have answers to some simple questions that I have in my mind every single day. He and his stuff were very busy and superficial with me. So, I had wrong cure, wrong surgery and so one. I was very ill when I went to consult him. Now I am 2 or 3 times more. Consequences on my health and my life are significant and I have to deal with them for all my life. I was 29 years old. I sued him.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

Horrible experience with this doctor. Long story short, he started me on synthroid I had an overdose reaction to it, and ended up in the emergency room. When I called to tell him he arrogantly told me to get off the meds or stay on it was up to me. What kind of answer is that???I was in a panicked state and I had to make up my own mind. Not a good doctor in my opinion.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

A wonderful doctor and human being. He has been treating me for many years, I recently underwent a biopsy and he called me at home explaining exactly what they found.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2010