Ratings for Dr. Bruce Filliter

I've been going to Dr. Filliter since I was 15 or so and he's the best doctor I've ever had, and I've had several others while living away from home. I went to one claiming I had a hernia and, after 5 visits and having to demand various tests, he still didn't say I had one; I went to see Dr. Filliter and he spotted it the second I hit the table. Few weeks later I had the surgery and problem gone. Best doctor you could hope for.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2013

When I moved to the city, I was lucky to get Dr. Filliter again after having him previously. His staff are great. Him, not so much anymore. When I started back with him, he wanted me to lose some weight. Fair enough. Over the course of 8 weeks, I dropped 25 pounds. I thought everything was going well. I should say his staff had weighed me. Apparently, I was not standing on the scale properly because when he weighed me, I had only lost 7 pounds. At this point, we basically told me that I had to go for gastric bypass surgery in Montreal if he was to continue seeing me. I didn't think this was very helpful at all and sought out a different doctor.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2013

I really like going to Dr. Filliter. He's such a nice fellow and I apprecaite his kindness. I also like his receptionist a lot and his new nurse is great! I can tell she really cares about me as a patient and she helped me find lots of information about controlling my diabetes and takes such good care of my kids.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2008

Bruce is one of the best Dr.'s that I've ever known. His daughter is a month older than my 4 child and his son is a month younger than my 5 child. There is 7 years between my 3 & 4 children. My heart stopped 2-4 times while giving birth. Bruce called Dr.Thero (sorry about the spelling) to come in to assit. Bruce stayed until after the baby decide to go to sleep. He was at the hospital close by me from about 9pm till 9am the next morning. What a wonderful Dr..He is missed very much by alot of people who used to see him as a Dr. & a Friend. Springhill & surrounding areas.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2008

I feel so lucky to have Dr. Filliter as my doctor! He takes me and my concerns seriously. He is very intelligent, but always explains things at the perfect level for me to understand them. I know that my health is in competent and caring hands with Dr. Filliter and I don't think there's much else a person could ask for in a doctor! Cathy is also a Godsend. She knows the answers to all my questions and always takes the time to talk with me. Thanks to everyone in Dr. Filliter's office!

flag | Submitted October 5, 2007

I've been a patient of Dr. Filliter's for 24 years and feel so lucky to have had such a kind person caring for my health for all this time. I have always felt that Dr. Filliter genuinely cares about my health and well-being and that means so much!

flag | Submitted April 20, 2007

I inherited Dr. Filliter when my previous Dr went to the USA. My son was his first patient on his first day in the Dartmouth office. My whole family has been extremely satisfied with his services. He is very helpful, and personally I rather enjoy his ability to lighten the atmosphere in his office. Lets face it...How many of us actually go in when we are completely healthy with no concerns? He is an amazing person, who truly cares about his patients. I never feel rushed out the door! His receptionist is great too... I have never found her rude, and she also squeezes my sons in when needed!

flag | Submitted April 13, 2007

I had Dr. Filliter when he first came to Springhill. He is the best and I missed him so much when he left.If it wasn't so far away,I would still go to him. He was so kind to my Mom,she idolized him. She would never go to another doctor if he wasn't there. She would always wait for him to come back. I will never get another doctor like him . He is a person you feel very comfortable with . I always felt so good after I came out of his office. I recommend him to everyone !

flag | Submitted April 4, 2007

I also "inherited" Dr. Filliter. In the beginning, I didn't mind him, but I was disappointed when I started comparing my experiences to those of others. His solution to everything was a prescription, he didn't listen to my concerns about taking drugs, he would seem to get uptight when I talked about anything I may have researched myself.... The last straw was when I went in to talk about being 5 pounds overweight and wanting to ask his advice on eating healthier. Instead of entertaining a discussion at all, he sent me away with a week's sample of a fat blocker. I was 25 years old. My mother, a retired RN, was appalled, as was my pharmacist. I have since found another doctor.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2007

He treats my elderly Mom and she loves him-he never rushes her and treats her with respect..Thank you Dr Filliter--Thanks to your great staff ,especially Cathy at the desk..

flag | Submitted March 7, 2007