Ratings for Dr. Jonathan I. Paley

Dr. Jonathan Paley is a great doctor. He delivered my baby who is now almost 9. Continue to see him.

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Dr. Jonathan Paley is a great doctor. He delivered my baby and has been the best doctor I have had.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2017

Poor service and a very patronizing attitude, He was recommended to me by a friend as a good ob but his remarks and his not caring attitude made me never want to be his patient again.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

My husband and I absolutely loved Dr. Paley. Unfortunately one of his colleagues ended up delivering my baby by c-section because he was on call that night with their Issaquah location. I was mildly disappointed because it was my first baby and he is an excellent doctor, but he had reassured me about the possibility and I felt confident about having another doctor delivering. He is very friendly and puts his patients at ease. Very reassuring about any complications or concerns. Never had issue with me being an overweight patient trying to get pregnant (and then being pregnant)-very supportive and never judging. He came to visit us the morning after our baby was born and every day I was in the hospital (circumcised my son as well). Overall, he is great for laid back patients, like me and my husband, and I feel he truly cared about us and making our first pregnancy a great experience. I would highly recommend him. We are looking forward to our next pregnancy and a scheduled c-section.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2013

I saw Dr. Paley regarding fertility concerns. My PCP thought I was fine, but thought I could see an OBGYN if I wanted to. After shaking my hand and not asking me ANY QUESTIONS about my health or previous cycles, Dr. Paley callously talked about my infertility and that my insurance plan "may not cover infertility issues". I was devastated and did not feel like I could ask my questions as he checked his watch when he was done with his bit. I have since talked with two other OBGYNs who have assured me that I am fine. What a load of anxiety and worry he dropped on my lap! The nurse was also very unfriendly and never even introduced herself. Overall, he may know his stuff, but he seems to lack any sort of compassion or bedside manner. I would never recommend him.

flag | Submitted May 14, 2013

Dr P has done both of my c sections and will be doing a 3rd in a few months, i recommend dr paley to women who have had at least one child previously unless you are a no nonsense kind of person, not that Dr P wouldnt answer your questions hes just very fast and efficient and a no need to waste time kinda Dr, whos still i appreciate and like he doesnt BS around he just does his job answers your questions and lets go on your way, if you are someone who needs someone to listen to your 500 questions and needs to be explained everything in detail and you dont trust your OB then this is not the Dr for you!

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

I would NOT recommend Dr. Paley to anyone. He was on-call doctor at the Overlake Hospital (where my child was born) and he saw me the day after the delivery, in order to discharge me. Unfortunately, the OB who was following my pregnancy from the very beginning was not available. I had some post-delivery concerns, which I voiced to him and his exact words to me were: "There is no return policy, okay?" Very condescending. He didn't answer my questions or was helpful in any way. I wouldn't choose this "doctor" for myself in the million years. I went to my OB afterwards and what a difference in bedside manner and empathy. Shame on you, "Doctor" Paley.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2011

Poor service. Patronizing attitude. Was recommended by friends as a good ob but I didn't bond to him.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2010

Dr. with good patience and bedside manners; listens to you and answers all questions very well.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

If you are female and post-childbearing years, I would discourage your selecting this doctor. I felt like he was on a clock (10 min. max per patient) and he had to get in and out to his next patient, regardless of my questions regarding peri-menopause (I had three). Questions were answered abruptly, i.e., "I'm sure you don't want to consider HRTs so sometimes you just have to learn to deal with it." My favorite response had to do with decreased libido during peri-menopause. Expressing little empathy, he told me that sometimes you just have to 'reach for the astro-glide and just tough it out.' I will not be returning.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2010

Dr. Jonathan I. Paley's Credentials

• University Of Rochester School Of Medicine And Dentistry (Grad. 1991)

Top Hospitals in Bellevue, WA