Ratings for Dr. Sonya N. Tuerff

Awesome doctor and great bedside manners. Dr. Tuerff was highly recommended by my Orthopedic surgeon. Her experience and assistance was a blessing during my surgery, and my post-op flow as expected. I on the road to recovery and I WILL RECOMMEND her to my family members, friends, and strangers. 👍🏽

flag | Submitted June 30, 2017

As previously mentioned on this site, she has the personality of a black widow spider. She started the appointment with letting ne know how much trouble I would have to switch doctors. She spent the entire appointment berating me and my life. She tried to find extra things wrong with me. She threatened my longetivity. I would NEVER recommend her. Most female doctirs gave a caring nature , nit one ounce in her!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

I would definitely recommend Dr. Tuerff for anyone needing vascular evaluations or surgery. Dr. Tuerff was the third Vascular Surgeon I'd had work done with. The first botched a laser ablation, and second did not instill confidence. Moved to DE and needed work done to deal with vascular bleeds, and varicose veins. I selected Dr. Tuerff based on other reviews. After initial appointment and exam, I was confident I'd found the right surgeon, and I now know I was right. She spent time listening to my history, explained well what was found in the ultrasounds, and confirmed what I suspected about my first laser ablation. Her staff was professional and great to work with. The radio ablation on both legs went well with minimal bruising, and now, a couple months later, my legs look and feel so much better. Dr. Tuerff is a skilled surgeon and compassionate doctor.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Very kind & courteous! You can tell she genuinely cares about her patients. She is very knowledgeable & makes sure u understand the nature or your illness/injury. Great bedside manor. I was very satisfied with her staff as well. Overall great experience

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

I am a 60 year old male and have never encountered a doctor with quite as poor interpersonal skills as her. She kept threatening that I would loose my leg. She sent me for treatment that she knew to be experiemntal. As a result, my insurance would not cover it and I am out thousands of dollars. her response = well I've done all I could do, you are on your own. She may be a fine surgeon, I am unable to evaluate that, but I would never recommend her to anyone

flag | Submitted May 20, 2014

Dr. Tuerff came highly recommended, however, I do not feel that she lived up to her reputation. I waited hours for each appointment that I had with her. Ultimately, I had a routine vein ablation procedure performed which was unsuccessful and resulted in more pain in legs than before procedure. All follow-up care was with nurse practitioner and did not see doctor after procedure.

flag | Submitted March 16, 2011

Dr Tuerff is compasionate, cheerful ,caring and very informative. She makes you feel that she cares about your fellings .She try "s to put you at ease

flag | Submitted July 24, 2009

Absolute disappointment! She has a reputation for being the best vascular surgeon around. She walked in the room and acted as if I was wasting her time. She was very uncaring. I have a rare disorder which she knew nothing about and she just didn't want to be bothered. She sent me for testing and I called her office to ask that she please call me with results. I never received that call from her. I do not recommend anyone going to her office. There are many other docs in that practice - pick one of them. I must add that Dr. Tuerff has an AMAZING nurse practitioner, Jeanne McConnell. She is what Dr. Tuerff should be, compassionate, caring, thorough, interested in your well being, she follows through with you. Jeanne genuinely cares about her patients. I believe that Jeanne is what holds Dr. Tuerff's practice together. I thank you Jeanne for your professionalism and wonderful bedside manner.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2008

Dr. Sonya N. Tuerff's Credentials

• Suny-Hlth Sci Ctr At Syracuse, Coll Of Med, Syracuse Ny 13210 (Grad. 1993)

Unicare