Ratings for Dr. Leonard Schuchman

Contrary to that which someone else noted here saying he knew nothing about LD, my family was poster family in 1995 having been positive testings in 4 tick-borne diseases. My experience was direct involvement with the US Senate for legislation, NIH, Columbia and other tick-borne disease research centers, national involvement and in-depth participation with testing and new treatments. I personally know many of the internationally involved physicians, scientists and Ph.D's in tick-borne disease research and treatment. My well-educated and personally experienced opinion of this physician is that he has in-depth knowledge of TBD's, does not refuse treatment where needed and aggressively treats with drugs that are the strength needed for the condition. He understands the tests are, at best, faulty and subject to inaccuracy, as duly noted by FDA time and again since 1996 - and not to rely on those test results.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2018

He knows absolutely nothing about Lyme. Stay away from this quack

flag | Submitted August 6, 2018

Awesome is the only word that I can use. He explained everything to me which allowed me to understand my treatment. I was able to use my insurance (a big plus, when all other doctors treating Lyme wanted cash only). He was very knowledgeable and understood all facets of Lyme disease as well as the other infections ticks carry. He explained to my why "CO-Infections" is a misnomer and he does not use that term. I am glad I found him and feel fortunate to have found him. Have to add that his office staff was remarkable and offered their aid whenever I needed it.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2015

Dr. Schuchman was the first of 8 doctors in 4 months to take me seriously and diagnose me with Lyme disease even though my ELISA and Western Blot were negative. He is friendly and has a great sense of humor. He takes insurance for his visits which is a plus. He diagnosed me based on my entire medical history and symptoms. While he put me on Ceftin and I improved somewhat, I found that he followed the CDC guidelines too closely to treat me effectively. He doesn't know much about Lyme and tick-borne diseases at all. He doesn't believe in co-infections, bio-films, treating with the necessary combination of antibiotics or natural medicines. I found another Dr. who also takes insurance who is treating me properly. If you do your homework you're able to obtain IV antibiotics for far cheaper than he charges. I would skip him and call the Lyme Disease Association of Southeasten PA for a LLMD instead.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2014

Dr Schuchman saved me. After being misdiagnosed with CFS/CFIDS for 4 years - in a wheelchair, unable to look after myself - he treated me for Lyme. This was a slow process, but he was very considerate of the fact I was self-pay. Cost vs. benefit was always considered with tests/drugs. I got to take the best route I could afford, that was ALSO best for my recovery and gradually I got my life back. He is also my family doctor and has been wonderful in helping me with aftercare for a very unusual & complex injury/surgery. I feel like he KNOWS me - he doesn't simply look up a file to remind him of details. He takes calls, returns calls. And he has a sense of humour that I love - something necessary to really get you through some low points (when appropriate). I found a chocolate bar that said "World's best doctor" and I gave him it. I really believe it. He has been for me.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

I credit Dr. Schuchman with bringing me back from the brink of despair. I was so very sick when I went to see him, and had probably been to about 10+ doctors. I was so depressed and scared. He treated me for lyme and brought me back to life. My only complaint is that he gave me no advice about supplements or other things to take to support my body while I was treating the tick borne illness. But he is knowledgeable about lyme and was the first doctor who validated me that it wasn't all in my head. Thank you Dr. Schuchman!

flag | Submitted December 3, 2011

Dr. Schuchman is THE only doctor who is willing to do something about Lyme disease and stay within the constraits of the CDC and Medical Board. He doesn't tell you it's all in your head either. He has saved my daughter's life and given it back to her....literally! His bedside manner isn't the best, but that can be easily overlooked when he gives you a loved one back. Overall, he is awesome! I wish he would hlpe more though when the tests come back negative, but he follows the CDC guidelines and treats based on what they say....which NEEDS updated!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2009