Ratings for Dr. Vaughan C. Graves

I have been a patient of Dr. Graves for over 5 years prior to going to him I was unable to get my eczema under control since seeing Dr. Graves it is very manageable. I must agree the wait time can be outrageous sometimes and very annoying. However I've found a way to combat that and have since then haven't had any issues.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2017

I had a 6:45pm appointment and when I arrived there were approximately 15 ppl in the waiting area. I asked how long the wait was and the receptionist rolled her eyes and turned to the Dr's wife. The wife then told me Dr Graves was behind and all those patients were still waiting to see him. I drove over an hour to the office only to find out I would have to wait two hours to be seen! The office could have at least given me a courtesy call to see if I wanted to reschedule! I immediately left and I will NEVER go back. Horrible with punctuality and professionalism!

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

The wait alone is horrible. The waiting area is not that big so you have patience standing on top of each other. The Dr. Is slow. The staff need customer service training. To arrive to an appointment 30 mins early and still wait over 2 hrs to be seen.

flag | Submitted January 19, 2017

I will never go to this place again . The staff is horrible including the Dr. Graves. First appointment I had to wait over 2 hours after arriving 30 mins early even though when I made the appt. I made it clear to them that I was on a time schedule with work . I had labs done and no one reached out to me to let me know they received the results . I had to call in to confirm when my next appt. was it just happened to be the day I called so I had to reschedule. I was able to get and appointment a month later , by calling in to see if they had cancellations as directed by the staff. Got to the appointment and they didn't even have my lab results . The Office Manger was a joke , sarcastic and didn't know nothing Dr. Graves came in to a room they had me standing and yelled at me for asking for and exploitation. The was recommended to him because he's African American and I thought he would understand my skin issues. The entire office needs to get over themselves and take a lesson in customer service and satisfaction. THEY SUCK DO NOT USE HIM !!!

flag | Submitted August 16, 2016

Staff are very short and do not listen to concerns. There is always a very long wait and Dr. Graves does not give the patient quality time. He is always very rushed. I only chose Dr. Graves because he was African-American. now I see that it was a bad decision. The staff got my name and birthday wrong so nail prescriptions and other treatments have been delayed. This is a poorly ran practice. Seek others.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2015

My first office visit was a hour later then the Dr.Graves comes in and ask what problem was i having for maybe 15 minutes tell the nurse to give me a script for diagnosis and Lab work unfortunately i had to pay $17 to park for a hour inside the garage couldn't find parking on street to much of a hassle to continue going over Philadelphia

flag | Submitted April 22, 2015

My daughter had an 11:30 appointment, did not get into a room until 1:15, and he did not come in until after 2 p.m. He came in and asked "what can I do for you?" Well aren't the nurses supposed to discuss the patients in each room with you before you go in so you already know why we're here? Isn't that why we tell the nurses why we are there so they can relay the information to the Dr before they go in the room? A 3 hours wait for a 10 mins visit! The explanation was that he was the only doctor in the office that day. Well then if you knew that was the case, likely the night before, then patients should have been called to ask if they had 2-3 hours to spend waiting or if they would like to reschedule. There's no free wifi or parking validation or anything to ease the annoyance of waiting so long. Not going back. Second time we have had to wait but this was the most unacceptable!

flag | Submitted March 19, 2015

I have been going to this office 6&Walnut St with horrible parking conditions, Office Manager very unprofessional, wait time to see the Dr. is well over three plus hours. After seeing Dr. Graves twice I was being treated with getting injection by office staff and not seeing Dr. Graves. My time is valuable and I shouldn't have to wait three plus hours just for injections when not seeing the Dr. then being ignored by the office manager. Not ever going back to this dermatologist

flag | Submitted March 17, 2015

I have left 15work mintues early to get to my appointment. Which was at 4:15,i was put intoa room for an hour and a half before the doctor came in to see me. And when he did,he looked at my skin for 10 mintues and wrote me a script. And i was told to come back in a mouth. Lets see how long i wait next time..

flag | Submitted May 28, 2014

Dr. Graves is very nice and knowledgeable. I have continued to go to him because I trust him and he is one of two African American dermatologists in the Philadelphia area I could fine. His staff is terrible. I have met two semi friendly staff members since I have been going to Dr. Graves. The main receptionist is the worst. As if it is not bad enough that the wait time is an average of 45 minutes to an hour, you have to deal with the worst attitude from this receptionist. I do not understand why they keep her. She is so rude. Most of the nurses are not the kindest as well. Some are even borderline rude but you have to bear with it because you spend more time with the nurses than you do Dr. Graves. Dr. Graves is nice but you spend an average of ten minutes with him (total) with your visit. He comes in asks you why you are in, he may or may not take a look at the area in question, he then gives the nurse orders and leaves. I would like to stay with Dr. Graves but I will be switching soon

flag | Submitted October 28, 2013

Dr. Vaughan C. Graves's Credentials

• Temple Univ Sch Of Med, Philadelphia Pa 19140 (Grad. 1977)

AARP