Ratings for Dr. Barend Rudolf Kruger

Just came from my first appointment with Dr. Kruger. I had read most of these comments, but here in Victoria even getting to a dermatologist is a miracle, so I went for it, even though the reviews seemed mixed. Office was calm, quiet and not busy - granted it was right before lunch. Dr. K was on time, efficient, to-the-point, and answered 2-3 of my questions. He listened well to my background, asked a few questions for clarity, gave me some good advice on what to do/not to do, and dispelled a couple of myths I asked about. I was in and out in 15-20 minuted which was just fine - appropriate and professional.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Exam took less than 2 minutes. Has a sign in his exam rooms that he only treats one thing at a visit and you must book another appointment for a second issue. Appears to be a billing mill. Not recommended.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2017

👎After anxiously waiting 2 months to have a very stressful condition examined by a specialist.... He was very brief in his exam.... approximately 2 seconds... and he claimed he didn't see anything..... I asked politely if he would take a second, more thorough look.... He dismissed my request.... His overall behavior seemed rude and condescending..... He suggested I take a medication that was not well tolerated by my sister and when I told him that he abruptly said..... What do you want.?... very quickly rattling off names of other medications.... saying. 'Which one do you want?' I was mortified at his lack of 'care' and professionalism.... and the arrogant fashion in which he behaved. I left with a prescription.... no explanation... and burst into tears upon leaving the building.... as I was very disappointed and remain feeling that I was not given a proper examination. Or explanation... I would advise others to skip the long wait to see this person and look for a more interested and considerate professional in the field. I will be seeking a better doctor and experience elsewhere, myself... I can only hope that Dr. Kruger reads all of these reviews and has the humility to check his 'practice'

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

I've visited Dr. Kruger for severe acne and scarring. The staff have been very kind and as accommodating as possible. My appointment was to the point and I got exactly what I needed, unlike other dermatologists previously who have just wasted a lot of my time. Downsides the office is busy, and phones cannot always be answered, but Dr Kruger is good at getting what you need durring the appointment and the staff are organized.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2017

Dr Kruger very quickly identified a problem two other doctors misdiagnosed. Very thankful for his help.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2017

Personally, I didn't find too much of a problem with him. I had alopecia areata and he did indeed diagnosed very quickly. I think when you're suffering with any medical condition I guess you want someone to listen your concern and be sympathetic or caring, which is understandable because we're all humans, but he's a doctor and has many patients to look after. I saw the reviews here before I visited him, which honestly made me a bit nervous, but he wasn't that bad. He did answer my all questions(quickly, of course) and didn't find him arrogant at all, however, he is rushed and you can really tell that he does not have time to chit chat with you. So if you're looking for a doctor who is more relaxed and willing to spend more time talking or listening to you, I don't think he's the one. When he injected cortisone in my head, it didn't hurt at all other than small pinch. Which I was pleasantly surprised because a lot of people said it's gonna hurt. After the injection, he told me to see him in 4 weeks, and got another injection, and after another 4 weeks, I was recovered. The front desk staff was a quite rude on the phone, but she was ok in person...so who knows, maybe she had a bad day. Overall, I didn't find him bad at all...at least for these particular visits.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2017

I went to have a couple of growths removed, was referred by my GP to Dr Kruger. I found the office to be quite busy, but staff were friendly and organized, they were keeping on time with appointments and Dr Kruger was very kind and informative. He removed the growths and stitched me up quickly and efficiently. He made sure I was okay and I went home. Overall, very happy with the experience.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2017

I was referred to Dr Kruger from my GP for ance scars. I was slightly apprehensive going into the appointment based on previous reviews. However I wanted to keep an open mind. I went into the appointment, the staff was rushing me to complete the forms so that the clients after me could get in faster (keeping in mind, I arrived 20 mins early to my appointment). After I completed the forms, I saw Kruger. Within 2 mins he had decided to put me on a medication that I expressly objected to, but he stated to was the only way to treat me scars. The entirety of the appointment lasted about 3 mins. After which I went and got my blood drawn so I could be approved to start the prescription. I made a standing appointment for the next 6 months as per his note. I never heard back, no call, no email, nothing. I called once a day for an entire month and the phone was never answered. Short of dropping into the office, I was left with no choice but to pursue a different doctor. I am incredibly frustrated with Dr Kruger and his staff. My experience was horrible. They made me feel like nothing could be done aside from drastic measure which I did not want. On top of that, to never get a call back is so unprofessional! I would never recommend Dr Kruger or his practice to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2017

This has been the worst experience I've ever had with a doctor. He was dismissive and arrogant and did not want to answer any of my questions. I am a young woman suffering from alopecia areata and he told me that if I didn't get injections I would lose all of my hair and eyebrows, this is what not to say to a young woman!! He did not examine me, he did not do a biopsy. He simply walked in and glanced at my hair (from about 4 feet away), he already had a prescription filled out (based on what I was referred for). A little presumptuous to say the least. I would not move from the chair until he had answered some of my questions, and he did not seem to be knowledgeable or up to date in his field at all. He is a dinosaur of doctors, he does not seem to care. I guess he's making enough money with his two dermatology offices that he doesn't need to care. The best part was he told me to come in once a month but he's fully booked for the next 2 months, and this was after waiting for a month to get in. There are too many doctors out there like him who are arrogant and just in it for the paycheck. Do not go to this doctor!!!

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

Very poor experience with Dr Kruger.i waited 2 mths for an appt .I literally was in his office for 4 mins until I said wait a minute I have had a large infected boil for 4 mths and I need to get it out . He simply said I don't know what this is ...make another appt and I will take it out for a biopsy ..when I tried to question him further he said I won't know until I take it out .. could be skin cancer and he walked out ....seemed very abrupt,uncaring and I felt like I was on a conveyor belt in and out 5 mins at most ...cancelled my next appt as I went to another Dr where I got in on a cancellation ..as far as I am concerned he is just interested in how many patients he can push through as fast as he can ...no bedside manner .I was very disappointed and quite angry with his poor attitude ...don't go to him

flag | Submitted June 5, 2017