Ratings for Dr. Miroslaw Dutczak

Dr. M. Dutczak has been my family docotr for over 30 years. He is, hands down, one of the best, if not THE BEST, people I have ever met. PERIOD. In any field, in any capacity, not just as a family doctor. I have NEVER had a negative experience with him. He has always been kind, compassionate and caring. As he knows me well, he knows when to be firm too, as I can get carried away by worry and anxiety. There have been times where I was out of my mind with fear because I thought I might have something really wrong with me. He was there and helped me through it. He has helped me through all of it. As for his "staff", besides him, there is only the one Receptionist there. She has always been very, very, very nice to me and has ALWAYS gone the extra mile to book an appointment with the Doctor, to ensure my referrals are done timely and accurately, etc. If I leave a message, she always calls back the next day, no exceptions. This is how it has always been, for over 30 years. I am not sure some of these other reviews are for the same clinic! As for "the dog": he is adorable and completely harmless. He is quite and sleeps most of the time. Just so everyone knows: there is NOTHING a person can catch from this dog. There is no reason he can't be in the clinic. He has his shots, etc. The chance of catching something from a sick patient in the waiting room is high, from the dog, zero. What if he were a seeing eye dog? Would that be okay? Why? A dog is a dog. Just because this one doesn't "have a job" serving people, does not mean there is something wrong with having him there. Bottom line: One of the few experiences I've had with the human beings that is stellar. In every way.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2016

I know Doc D for many years. I must admit that recently his secretary started really slacking of. Waiting for referals for 3 weeks and simple paper work to be send or faxed is something I am not used to.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

The Staff is ruthless, How can you have a dog inside an doctors office, I love dogs but come on. What next a horse. The Doc is great but is receptionist is a pain in the @$$.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2016

I've had Dr. Dutczak as my family doctor for over 20 years. Even when I've moved over and hour away from Toronto...I would still travel to see him. His expertise is superior, he is compassionate and treats you like a person and not a number like many other clinics.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2016

I agree with several others who have rated Dr. D. I decided to become a patient 20 years ago when a friend referred me to him, stating that he was an excellent diagnostician. I have driven vast distances in order to keep my standing with his office. The day finally came when a potentially frightful diagnosis was given to me and I have now become a victim of the process and of Dr. D's staff. For 2 months I have been referred to the worst specialists, the wrong specialists and now to someone who won't call back with an appointment for me. Dr. D himself gave me only 2 minutes of his time to tell me that I may or may not have a life threatening disease and rushed me out of his office. I still have no appointment and I am not disgusted with the front office that I have spent the last 20 years warming up to!! A sad state of affairs for our our system and for individuals who could easily avoid the frightening limbo of not having a specialist confirm or deny a diagnosis. I hope this never happens when Dr. D and his staff are in need of urgent care...God help them and God help us all!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

I love him! He cares for me when when I was in my moms womb, I'm almost 30 now! He is knowledgable and just amazing I'll miss when he retires.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2015

Have been going to Dr. D since 1987 and it's now 2015! He is totally awesome as he takes the time to explain and ensure you are comfortable with his findings...the wait time is long but that's because he REALLY DOES take time with his patients and actually still takes them even if THEY'RE late which is a domino affect for other - he is worth the wait and worth the drive ... I am freaking out at the thought of when he will close his practice - VERY caring person!!!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

I have been going to this doctor for years. He does his research and certainly seems to listen. He is kind and personable as well. Where he is lacking is the referrals he hands out, just wish he was more thorough in evaluating the people that he hands his patients off to. Not sure what his criteria is for referring specialists but it certainly does not map to my mine or my standards! Additionally, to say that his staff is sub par is an understatement. Sometimes I feel the only way to get them on your side would be if you had an envelope with several hundred dollars bills in it! They are arrogant and rude. I drive quite a distance for this Doctor and he will not give me a referral for anything unless he is able to bill for an office visit. Despite all of this he is the best Doctor I have been able to find in Toronto. Not sure what that says about our system!

Submitted March 6, 2015

The wait times can be long, but that is because Dr. Dutczak actually takes the time to explain the situation to you. He is a excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

I have had Dr. D as my Doctor for 30 years. He really is a fantastic Doctor. However, if you have an appointment time scheduled you may as well add another 60 to 90 minutes to your appointment as he is always behind (yes, even at the very start of the day he is already running late). The secretary has a Dog in the office which I also find both annoying and disgusting. I like the Doc so much that I actually feel guilty saying anything negative about him, but the wait times are just simply ridiculous.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2014