Ratings for Dr. Leigh D. Wheeler

He gets short with you if you ask any questions, or ask him to clarify anything. It seems as if he has no patience. I feel like I leave there with so many questions unanswered, for a three minute, rush you out the door appointment. I have been seeing Dr. Wheeler for years and as I get older and have more medical needs, I don't feel comfortable trusting my care to him. I feel embarrassed when I ask him a question he may have already answered and I need clarification on, and he tells me "I already answered that". He makes you feel beneath him, but he always has time to talk about some no related topic that cuts into my scheduled appointment. Dr. Wheeler is not someone I would recommend.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2012

I have been going to Dr. Wheeler for about 30 years and feel he is the best doctor one could have. His staff is also excellent, and the time in the waiting room is never more than 10 minutes.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2011

I have had Dr Wheeler as my primary physician for the past 28 years. I find him very caring, very knowledgeable, and helpful. I would have no hesitation recommending him to anyone. He's never let me down. His staff is also caring and helpful.

flag | Submitted February 12, 2011

His patience is getting worse. His knowledge is never growing. He just wants to get you out of the office. He never wants you to have a list of questions. And he told me that I was NUTS for getting disability. That I would be better in a year. Now he appologized for never believing me. I have 8 diseases. He is a horrible doctor who just doesn't care. If you talk about hunting he is fine, but he doesn't expand his knowledge at all since we had him for a doctor. He also, still to this day does not believe that my husband has lymes disease, which he HAS had since l991. He had to go to Ohio to find a doctor that is and can treat him as an individual with concern. Now he told my daughter to just chill out a little. She has hardening of the arteries and has an extremely high liver count. Her cholesterol is in her liver and he had the guts to tell her that. He should never be seeing even a dead dog for a patient. His rating is a 00000000. I have now found a dr. who truely cares.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2010

Correctly diagnosed my mysterious left side chest pains as costochondroitis, something I'd never heard of before. In my book, his only fault was writing an unnecessary prescription for extra-strength ibuprofen, but I think that many patients feel "cared for" if they walk out the door with that magic paper in their hands, so I guess I can't blame him.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

Dr. Leigh D. Wheeler's Credentials

• Pennsylvania State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Top Hospitals in State College, PA