Ratings for Dr. Peggy J. Lomax

She was very cold, and didn't listen well...just going thru the motions. She was late a lot, and sometimes I had to wait outside her locked office door.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2017

She is thorough and detailed oriented. Very specific about the brands of generic drug you might be taking. Evidently not all generic brands are alike even tho they are supposed to do the same thing. There is nothing wishy-washy about her. She says what is wrong with you and what to do about it. I believe she is competent. She has almost no bedside manner and very little empathy. Maybe she is empathetic but I did not pick up on that. Could be just me. Brusque is what I would call her. She takes action if you say you are feeling such and such by have tests done on you to get more info about what is going on. Very good about responding to phone messages. I saw in some of the reviews that she did not always dress properly. When I saw her she was well color coordinated and professionally dressed. Her clothes fit her body type. She has 2 other doctors in her suite. She has no receptionist.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2017

It's a really small office with no receptionist and no instructions as to how to contact her, and she doesn't pick up the phone. She was 30 minutes late for my session but charged me the full hour. She charges $600 an hour. When I asked her to explain a diagnosis to me and what made her think it applied to me, she became extremely offended and said "well that's just my opinion I'm just a psychiatrist what do i know" and refused to explain herself, saying "we don't need to agree" but as my doctor, we do need to be on the same page and it's unfair to dismiss my questions and concerns as to what my healthcare will look like. Extremely rude and dismissive, I will never go back.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2017

Dr. Lomax should have her licensed revoked. My sister went to see her for anxiety and Dr. Lomax made everything worse. She was incredibly rude to my sister, misdiagnosed her as having bipolar disorder, and wrongly told her that she took my sister's insurance (she does not). So my sister walked out with a $350 bill and was so upset (since she was told she was bipolar) we needed up taking her to the emergency room. Once we were at the ER, the doctors were completely professional and awesome. They gave her medicine for anxiety (which has worked like a charm) and my sister feels great. No one - and I mean no one - should see this woman. I wouldn't trust Dr. Lomax to take care of anyone - she really is a terrible doctor.

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016

I did not see Dr. Lomax in person, but talked to her on the phone when I saw seeking help for serious depression. She was incredibly rude and unprofessional to me. When I got off the phone I was sobbing and feeling suicidal. No thanks to her I am doing ok now, but want to make sure that no one else wastes their time talking to this woman.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2016

My daughter was forced to see Dr. Lomax during an extended stay at Reflections, and while I wish we did, neither of us has anything good to say about her. My daughter disliked her immensely and felt that Dr. Lomax rushed her visits and did not care about her well-being or her adverse reactions to prescribed medications. When I tried to contact Dr. Lomax regarding my daughter and her concerns, it took many attempts over a period of several weeks and I only finally heard back when I went to the program director and made a complaint. In addition to her poor service and complete incompetence, she's a petty, spiteful human being. As mentioned earlier, after several weeks of being unable to reach her and learn the status of my daughter's medication changes (which were never completed), I became concerned for my daughter's treatment progress made a complaint to the director of the program... From there, things only got worse. Dr. Lomax did finally return a call but she did not do any of the things discussed during that call; and shortly thereafter, I learned that on the very day that I requested that she be removed from my daughter's team, an anonymous complaint was filed with child protective services by "someone at Dominion Hospital with intimate knowledge" of my daughter's mental health! According to the assigned social worker, the complaint was purposefully vague and focused primarily on a fear for my daughter's life based on claims that my daughter was afraid of her father (who has never even spanked her) and that her mother, me, had severe depression that was untreated and I was suicidal! While I do have moderate depression (and have for over 20 years), I've had the same treatment team for several years and even drive 2 hours each way to attend weekly therapy! While coping with a child suffering an eating disorder is traumatic and overwhelmingly stressful, I was not and had not been suicidal or anything of the sort! Dr. Lomax is petty, spiteful, incompetent, uncommunicative, and a pathetic excuse for a "medical professional". If you are looking for a psychiatrist, I recommend that you stay far, far away from her and in the event that you are involuntarily assigned to her (like my child), you should immediately refuse to see her and request a new physician.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2016

Peggy Lomax is the worst! She claims I am bipolar. However, I think she is the bipolar one. She does not listen to what the patient has to say.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2016

Any positive reviews here look like they've been written by someone who has been paid to bolster her ratings. She pushed the bipolar thing on me, and I was adamant about not having it. I have no mania and nowhere in her questionnaire did I respond to anything that would indicate this. She still sends me a bill, and I call the third party person who does not call back. The bill is wrong and I am not going to pay hundreds of dollars for errors. She DOES not know basic stuff like that magnesium DOES NOT cause constipation! It's the reverse if too much is taken. I corrected her, and she actually shut up. It was a side effect, and it was severe. She was more interested in being right. So I am now trying to get back my life. Still on this medication that the new psychiatrist and I have been slowly tapering. My primary care about flipped out that I had been seeing her. He said to get a new doctor ASAP, and I agreed. I since then changed psychiatrists, and she agreed that I am not bipolar. It's never been brought up in the twenty years I saw a psychiatrist who was great but moved out of the area. When I would enter her office, she always looked like she had just woken up. Her hair was unkempt. It was very weird. She would take calls during the session. Big no no! Basically, she is terrible. You will most likely be pushed into the bipolar category and the. You are on pills that are very hard to get off! I've lost four years of my life to this woman. Her reputation in the medical community is not good. She makes her money from taking Medicare and most psychiatrists these days don't take insurance. At least the good ones. Please do not waste your time seeing her. She will make you roadkill.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2015

I've been treated for years by competent psychiatrist for depression and anxiety. (Occasionally ). I also work as a nurse. She speaks as if her consultation, diagnoses, as well as treatment is an all size fits one. Yep, I was told I was bipolar on my first visit. Given a prescription for Trileptal. Which is a train she refused to get off of. She hears what she wants. Then is quick to remind you she is tne doctor and knows better than myself. I don't know anybody who isn't on Trileptal. My heart breaks for the patients without the inside knowledge I have. I was able to advocate for myself. Imagine the mentally ill who buy into her fake compassion. I had good insurance whe seeing her. She never sent me a statement and my insurance EOB's seemed off. Mind you one year later some third party biller sent me a bill for $1,000+. At the bottom of the bill It stated: Please feel free to call me at this number. I called. Sent the bill back with a note requesting an itemized statement. Needless to say Dr. Lomax, nor her " third party biller" never reponded. She has now sicked a lawyer me. Thank goodness I have phone records As well as copies of the itemized statement requested twice.

flag | Submitted August 2, 2015

I saw Dr. Lomax a few years ago. I just read someone elses post that stated that bipolar was a quick diagnoses. I have seen several doctors since and no one else comes up with this. She did not have a staff and took calls and made appointments herself. One thing I did like was that I had to fill out many pages of questions to come up with a diagnoses. I am not sure if it was accurate. She did answer questions but was very short not the point of curt but you felt rushed. What I really didn't like about her in addition to the brief time she allowed me to talk and listen to me was her means of dressing. It was the summer time, she had on a dress that was mid thigh, sandals that exposed extremely dry and flaky (borderline crusty) feet. She had on a low cut blouse with a blazer, her cleavage was exposed. I felt dirty just looking at her. Unprofessional dress and bad attitude. Not sure if I really have bipolar.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

Dr. Peggy J. Lomax's Credentials

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 1987)