Ratings for Dr. Hubert F. Riegler

I had severe deterioration in my hip, and osteopenia in the remaining leg bone. Dr. Riegler was concerned enough to try NOT doing a complete hip replacement, but after reviewing my case a few times, it was determined we had to do the total replacement anyway. Dr. Riegler did a remarkable job...I have healed and have my life back again. I was only 52 when I had the surgery. Dr. Riegler has always been patient with me when I had office visits, and would always listen to me, no matter how busy he was. I HIGHLY recommend this doctor for surgeries, diagnoses, or any other matter related to his profession. He is a caring doctor, and seems to carry the world on his shoulders because he cares about his patients so much. Total kudos for this guy.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2013

My relationship with Dr. Riegler in 1976, when he performed knee surgery. The immediate injury was torn cartilage. In a previous injury, 1974, I had torn the ACL and torn/broken the front part of cartilage, which was not diagnosed by another physician at the time. That torn/broken piece acted like a "grind stone" and wore into the femur. This condition spread. The result was significant bone wear in the area. Twenty years later we met up on a ski slope. I am still mobile on this knee for daily activities, albeit jogging is no longer possible. In 2001 a torn rotator cuff injury from the late 70's became significant enough to require surgery, which Dr. Riegler performed. Through all these years he also attended to other joint injuries. I have always enjoyed his demeanor and willingness to explain everything to my satisfaction. He is very conscientious about his work, to the point that he strives for minimum surgical scars.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2012

totally unprofessional; rushed me through visit one; attempted to rush me through visit 2; became very unprofessional when questioned. I would not recommend this physician to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2009

Dr Riegler replaced my right hip in 1993. In August 2009, after 3 other joint replacements in NoCarolina and Michigan and my aging and changing body profile I have had that joint reviewed-xray and bone scan. My current surgeon, who I have great respect for has repeatedly told me what a "good job" (my words) "that surgeon" did and that I have at least 5 more years before I should begin to get concerned. I was 57 years old in 1993. I am active, walk miles and bicycle daily(Michigan weather permitting). JoeSkwara, East Lansing, MI

flag | Submitted August 26, 2009

I had to get my knee replaced by another surgeon-unstable, probably poorly done, according to two other surgeons-and he wasn't truthful with me.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2009

This surgeon has a zero infection rate in the operatng room. This is why I chose him. He is very professional and forthcoming in his opinion. I needed a total knee replacement and he referred me to another younger orthopedist because he had invested in specialized computer aided equipment for his surgeries. Dr. Reigler felt I would get the BEST result with the use of this technology. How's that for honesty and integrity.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2008

Surgery on elbow went well, Dr Riegler checked on me at home, recovery went well.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2007

Friendly staff. MD is professional and addressed my concerns with a pleasant demeanor. THis MD is a professional and his staff is willing to go to great lengths to fit me into the schedule.

flag | Submitted November 24, 2006

Completely mis-diagnosed my problem. Went somewhere else where they know what they are doing

flag | Submitted November 15, 2006

Dr. Hubert F. Riegler's Credentials

• Medical College Of Georgia (Grad. 1970)