You may also like

Rate Dr. Yotis Tsaparas

Dr. Yotis Tsaparas's Ratings

After reading the reviews, I was a bit reluctant to go see him but I had no choice as my doctor referred me to him. He was able to diagnosis me upon examination and put me on antibiotics which worked and I feel better now. So I would rate his knowledge as okay since he was able to treat me, but at the same time, the diagnosis was fairly simple. He was very punctual, which is rare when seeing a doctor. His staff could be a bit more friendly. They weren't rude, but not welcoming at all! As for the doctor himself, he needs a better bedside manner. He comes off as very smug and uncaring. On a funny and light hearted note: he is very handsome!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2862484].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

Staff are unfriendly. He seems to be rushed and doesn't give you a difinitive diagnosis. After two or three sessions with him, I stopped going. on wait list to see another specialist.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2860496].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

How this man is still practicing medicine is beHe is very dismissive, very unhelpful, and thinks you “owe him” and is doing you a favour by treating you. Misdiagnosed me twice. When I wasn’t better after a month and 2 medications that weren’t working - which I consumed all of for nothing), I did some research on WebMD (Not even kidding) and called him for a follow up appointment (took me short of stalking to get his office to book me in – and meanwhile I am in pain!) . . . finally I see him and tell him my findings and he says that it is possible that I may be right, so he puts me on the medication that “I” REQUESTED . . after 4 days, I was better, and after a week all good! Perhaps based on the reviews below he is good at removing tonsils, but horrible for diagnosing anything else.
To top it off, he is not even nice! Super smug. Aren’t doctors supposed to put you at ease and have good bed-side manner? And if you’re going to be smug, have something to be smug about – you didn’t even treat me.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2859096].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Fantastic doctor
Took out my tonsil
Great job
I feel amazing now

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2788508].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 25, 2015

I came to Dr. Tsaparas after two failed sinus surgeries with another surgeon. His staff were amazing and helpful with appointments and getting my scans organized. He is the only surgeon that would listen to everything I was saying to find a solution. I was getting sick numerous times a year. He was the only one willing to take my tonsils out, its now been a year since my tonsils came out and just over a year since my sinus surgery and Ive never been so happy/healthy. Since the tonsils were removed I've been sick once with a sinus infection in a year where I used to be sick about 6-9 times a year. Thank you so much !!!!

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2456403].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

After not hearing for over a month about an appointment, I got a "reminder" call of an appointment the following day...luckily, the staff were quick to give me a new appointment in the near future. Wait time in the office was average for any doctor. Dr. Tsaparas, however, was very dismissive of my condition and sent me to see an allergist...though I told him I was convinced that nothing was allergy related. (Sure enough...not allergic to anything.) He dismissed my inability to breathe out my nose, dizziness due to ear plugging, ALWAYS stuffy & runny nose, as well as facial pains and constant sinus headaches as "probably just a sensitive nose". VERY unhelpful. What a waste of time. I now get to wait another six months to see a new e.n.t. FUSTRATING.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1897415].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 10, 2013

Unfortunately dealing with a nightmare situation. If things go wrong, there will be no help.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1897417].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Oct. 8, 2013

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][1897416].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 5, 2013

Dr. Tsparas has done my sinuses as well as adenoids for my daughter. We have been his patient for about 3 years and I find him AMAZING!! Always very calm and gives me all the options. He isn't quick to just suggest surgery, he will try every alternative before suggesting surgery. Maybe some people see that as not diagnosing but I find it thorough and reassuring since, as a parent, the last think you want is your child having unnecessary surgery. He has been A+ in our family :)

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][1897411].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 12, 2013

He is okay if the problem is cut and dry. In the beginning he was very helpful, but towards the end when the nose problem got complicated he was very unhelpful. When he can not figure out what the problem is, he is unwilling to help you out or recommend other options. Instead, he clearly states that there is nothing he can do, and tells you to leave. In the last visit, I found him very insulting and unhelpful. Visited another well respected ENT, and he clearly knew what was going on. Tsaparas might be good if the problem is not too complicated for him. Plus, i think all the poking around from the last surgery by Tsaparas has caused more problems than a solution.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][1897414].votes_count ]]