Ratings for Dr. David Leffers

I was an athelete and training for a climb up Mt Rainier when I was accidently kicked by a co-worker in the back of the knee causing a knee injury. Knowing my body and never experiencing knee pain before I knew something was wrong. I never missed more than a weeks work and there was no file of law suit so that was not the situation. However I saw Dr Leffers and received the worst set of MRI's ever (very dark). For 2 years my knee gave out when walking down stairs - and pain all the time. Leffers con't to say there was NOTHING wrong. After threatening to transfer to another Dr. w/ the comp nurse there Leffers agreed to do exploratory surgery but still stated nothing was wrong. Coming out of surgery Leffers was very nice to me for once telling me he found a cyst under the knee cap from the injury he had to take 25% of my ligament and my fat pad had to be removed b/c of perm tear. He never apologized-I was hurt for what he put me through as well the 2 yrs of reports my boss got!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2012

Dr. Leffers has proven with his experience, care, and understanding of the human body that he is by far the best orthopedic surgeon. After years of knee dislocations and visiting almost different 10 surgeons, only Dr. Leffers was able to find a remedy and has been very thorough with follow-ups post-surgery. He even goes as far as visiting the physical therapy facility across the hall from his office to see his patients in therapy. Dr. Leffers is more than just a docor, he's a hands-on surgeon that continues to care about your health & rehab progression long after the surgery has been completed. Highly recommended for anyone looking to resolve their bone/joint problems.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2012

Porbably one of the best orthopedic practitioners in the whole southeast, if not the whole world. From High school injuries ( torn ACL and MCL), to post high school athletics injuries (Ankle and same knee ((Torn Meniscus)) ). Dealing wih anything from strains to sprains and so on he is probably THE person to see if you want to make sure everything is handled professionally and with the highest amout of care/service as possible.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2011

Dr. Leffer's was referred to me by a doctor in Jacksonville. He was great! I ended up having to have knee surgery and the care and precision was outstanding. He cares so much for his patients, he even called me the next day after surgery to see how I was doing. He is straightforward and to the point. All appointments were on time, never any waiting! I highly recommend him if you have knee problems.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

I could not possibly be happier with a physician. Dr. Leffers was recommended to me by a friend (orthopedic surgeon) in Jacksonville. I am very grateful for that recommendation. I had consulted with two other surgeons prior to Dr. Leffers and had been given conflicting diagnosis and treatment plans. One doc said my injury was minor and didn't warrant surgery. The other said that the damage was so extensive it couldn't be repaired with a scope and he wanted to do a "full open". Dr. Leffers scoped the shoulder and was able to repair everything that could have been repaired with a full open. I've had a lot of surgery and not all of it has gone smoothly. With Dr. Leffers, everything was perfect. He took great care of me and now my shoulder is fully functional. He even gave me an RX for acupuncture to control the discomfort following surgery because I don't like to take pain meds. He is THE BEST!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2006

Dr.Leffers is the best orthopedic around, especially for sports injuries (knee, shoulders etc.) He has been my miracle worker.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2004

Dr. David Leffers's Credentials

• University Of Tennessee College Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)

Metlife