Ratings for Dr. Carolyn F. Dennehey

Dr, Dennehey listens and acts. I told her I thought I had Sjogrens (she is the fifth doctor I have told) she ordered a lip biopsy and -- I did. She is knew all about it and is following it well. When I wanted to try Low Dose Naltrexone and none of my other specialists or GP would allow it, she looked at the research and prescribed it. I am feeling so much better and she is delighted. Too many doctors will not listen to you about your body. She does and I really appreciate that. She has treated me with respect. At the end of one visit I said "you are the first doctor in a long time who believed me and takes what I say as truth" I have recommended her to many others and will continue to do so.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2015

Pros: Great Rhuematoid doctor. Takes time w/patient. Caring and understanding. Highly recommend! Valet parking. Cons: Staff is very rude, old building and office. Need to change locations.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2014

I wouldn't recommend this doctor. She acted like it was all in my head. She ran a bunch of test told me I didn't need a follow up appt. that she would call me. After calling her twice and after 6 weeks of not hearing back from her. I found another doctor . Then was diagnosed with rhymatory arthritis. I guess it's not in my head. If you want a doctor that cares she's not for you

flag | Submitted April 26, 2012

Dr. Dennehey, Is not a very helpful Dr. She would just tell you point blank that you have Lupus, and give you some meds. Did not even give you information such as What is Lupus?What will I do after Dx. What else can I do. She just not really helpful.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2011

Dr. Dennehey has been extremely helpful with my diagnosis. After a very debilitating health issue Dr. Dennehey has helped me get back to work and enjoy my home life again. She is extremely knowledgeable and knew right away how to treat me and has been keeping a close eye on me for the two years that I have been seeing her. She is always responsive when I call with questions and knows what questions to ask me to get me the correct treatment. I had suffered for 1 1/2 with my illness and my previous doctors were not able to help me with the pain and symptoms I was dealing with. Dr. Dennehey knew right away how to treat my symptoms. I have been able to get off a number of my medications with her assistance. I am truly grateful to Dr. Dennehey.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2010

This Dr. has been a blessing in my health care. She has shown me remarkable knowledge, compassion and determination to understand my symptoms. Even when I would test neg. she kept chipping away until I was diagnosed. I have never felt rushed and she will return phone calls if needed. She has always given me alternative choices when possible; is open to allowing people to have some say in their own care. I really respect that! She has spotted other health concerns and has encouraged me to follow-up and it was a blessing! I can not say enough that would express my gratitude to this fine doctor. I travel from Chico, CA. to her office because I can not get this expertise in Chico. Her assistant is so efficient, he is amazing.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2010

I waited much time to make an appointment since I was a new patient. Then, Dr. Dennehey rushed through my exam. She didn't seem to take my reported symtpoms seriously. She acted aloof and superior. This doctor acted like women with serious pain and sympotms are beneath her to deal with. I;m seeing a pattern with Sutter Health doctors. I think Suter doctors have agreed to dismiss women and assume that they're whiners. This doctor advised me to come for a one hour appt. then spent only ten minutes with me. She made me do expenseive tests thenignored the results and misdiagnosed me. She sticks stricly to rheumatology and won't bebothered with you if you have cancer too. Wouldn't answer my questions about her diagnosis. Isn't this what specialists are supposed to do? If you need help, go to a compassionate doctor who can relate to patients. Thsi doctor acted like I was wasting her time. She wasted my money. I finally went to a new dcotr and was diagnosed with salivary gland carcinoma.

flag | Submitted July 31, 2009

I would NOT recommend this doctor to my worst enemy. I didn't mind so much that I waited almost an hour to see her, but the fact that she only spend 30 min. instead of the 60 min. as a first-time patient just wasn't right. It felt dismissive. She was less than professional, downright rude and insulting at times. My spouse was with me and felt as I did about her. She didn't read much of the extensive paperwork that was required on the first visit and didn't ask very many questions based on my many symptoms. She was dismissive when I asked questions and even rolled her eyes and smirked at some of my answers to her questions. She was very uncaring and cold and behaved in such a many that suggested I was wasting her time.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2009

A little short at times but very helpful. No beating around the bush with her, she tells it like it is but no in a know-it-all way. Always makes sure she has answered all of your questions before leaving the room and never rushes you out.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2007

My PCP recently referred me to her and I just got diagnosed with Lupus last week. She is an excellent dr. that's very knowledgeable, takes time to answer my questions, never rushes, and explains everything to me so I can understand. Gives advice and tips on meds and lifestyle, helps me with concerns, even suggested my family come to appt's with me if they have questions. She's great!

flag | Submitted November 14, 2006

Dr. Carolyn F. Dennehey's Credentials

• University Of California, Irvine, California College Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)