Ratings for Dr. Kim Northcott

After dealing with chronic health problems for the past 8 years, I was finally referred to Dr Northcott. I had just turned 19 at the time I saw Dr Northcott (after waiting 6 months to see her) and I hope that I am never subjected to a doctor as condescending and unhelpful as her again. After taking a very quick look at a few of my joints she determined that I have no inflammation in my body (despite elevated ANA and RF lab tests) and that the symptoms I was experiencing were caused by being a stressed out university student and the only way to help myself was to "find my inner peace". I have never felt so belittled and worthless in my life, I left her office with no hope of getting better and finding an actual diagnosis. I hope that for the sake of whoever sees her in the future that she has changed her attitude immensely for you and that you don't leave her office feeling as crappy as I did.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2018

Dr Northcott is an over bearing ego maniac with little empathy and no ability to learn. Once she thinks she knows something she closes off and will not listen to reason. My wife has Sjogrens syndrome an auto immune disorder that attack the body in in many different ways. The conditions for each patient are different. There is no direct treatment it is a matter of coping with the symptoms, organs are attacked and stop functioning properly, nerves are attacked cause chronic debilitating pain, fatigue due to the body trying to heal from the constant attack of its own immune system. A horrible condition, as my wife’s condition worsened over the last 6 years she has lost everything, her ability to work, her ability to eat, her ability to travel or do anything she used to do in her very active personal and professional life. She was diagnosed some 18 years ago and has been struggling with untold pain and emotional trauma from everything she has lost and Nothcott with a bizarre disconnect from reality and with no empathy what so ever has decided my wife does not have Sjogrens syndrome despite standard testing done annually that says she has it and is trying to order an invasive oral glandular biopsy that in her words “can cause chronic pain at the biopsy site”. Even though my wife has tested positive over and over using the accepted diagnosis tests she is ordering this to try prove if my wife does not have Sjogrens, because she thinks this is Fibromyalgia and can be cured with a little cognitive behavioral therapy! This is the thing no matter what the invasive test shows the treatment for her condition would be the same. My wife has had every test in the world and the medical community has no ability to treat her. Northcott by ordering this test to satisfy morbid clinical curiosity is effectively engaging in human experimentation. Taking a patient who suffers daily from chronic pain, orders a test that could cause more chronic pain and torments her in the office by telling her it will cause chronic pain is reminiscent of Josef Mengele not a doctor that sure have a license to practice medicine. Do not go to this doctor she is an animal!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2017

I have always had a pleasant experience with Dr. Northcott. She listens and adjusts my medicine accordingly based on my side affects. We have discussed pros and cons of certain medicines and worked to find a solution. I am surprised to read some of the reviews below this sounds like a completely different person than the person I have been seeing for the past 5 years. I would definitely recommend Dr. Northcott.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2017

I, personally like Dr. Northcott. I've been seeing her for many years. Lately, I've noticed that she is a lot busier but I realize this is due to other rheumatologists retiring. If I'm saying something that she considers superfluous she'll cut me off but this is due to the fact that she's very busy and the fact that what I was saying didn't add anything more to the "necessary facts". I've read some of the reviews here and it seems that some people expect her to be a naturopath, dietitician and sleep specialist all in one. That's not her job. It's our responsibility as patients to seek out experts in these fields. If she is cold (I've never found her so) maybe that's because of some patients behaviour and the unreasonable expectations that go along with it.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Both Kim Northcott and her receptionist could benefit from some customer service training. Audrey, the previous receptionist was a nice and kind lady and I think Northcott behaved better when she worked with her. Now both doctor and receptionist are abnoxious and unhelpful. Do not even think of contributing to or being helpful with discussing your own health or you will be punished with Northcott's venomous demeanour. I dread seeing this woman but I am frightened that I depend on her for my care. If you have an option do not see this woman, choose someone else.

flag | Submitted June 8, 2017

Rude women. Didn't care about me whatsoever. She insisted on placing me on humaria (horrible biological medicine) That costs $34,000 a year and has a mile long list of side affects. This medicine shot my liver function through the roof. I would never recommend Kim to my worst enemy. Horrible experience I would hope no one is unfortunate enough to see her.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2017

I saw her for the first time and was appalled at how poorly she treated me. She was unnecessarily alarmist about my condition, despite it being stable for over 25 yrs, ignored what I told her about recent events that countered her assessment of me as being at high risk, treated me as if I didn't count, was cold and absolutely lacking in empathy, mocked me at one point, and failed to acknowledge my own knowledge and expertise as a person who has lived with chronic illness for over 35 years, and who also teaches health care professionals how to work with disabled and chronically ill people. If she were a student of mine she'd get a big fat F! I will never see her again and have told everyone I know about how poorly she treated me.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

Dr. Northcott is an atrocious physician. She speaks over you, she does not listen to you, she straight up told me "no, you don't hurt here". Really? I've seen her twice, and have waited 8 MONTHS to see her both times, and each time I left with "try some Advil". I did NOT wait 8 months to see a specialist to be told "try some Advil". The staff is pleasant but Dr. Northcott is a nightmare. Beware.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2017

The office staff is very friendly and helpful. The nurse is a great guy and friendly. Dr Northcott is beautiful inside and out.Best Dr's office Ive ever been to.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

I dread having to deal with Dr. Northcott's receptionist. She is quite cheeky on the phone. I have never reacted to this just spoken to the doctor. One time I was put on hold for 20 minutes. Never did get through I eventually hung up. The receptionist she had when I first started going there was great, this one is terrible!

flag | Submitted October 17, 2016