Ratings for Dr. Kim Northcott

There is no “how are you doing?” with this Dr. She’s already prepared a ten minute monologue to diagnose or advise you without any kind of physical exam or questions that she would actually ask you. Because what would YOU, the actual patient, who deals with your OWN aches and pain, know about anything. Condescending, pious know-it-all and think she knows everything without digging in even a little bit to find and LISTEN to the patient. Offers you one bit of “advice” and then contradicts that “advice” in the next sentence. Uncaring, overbearing and if you do dare to talk or disagree? You’re quickly ushered out the door. Well, at least she made her $$$ off of “seeing” you that day. And there’s lots of patients every day so who cares how she deals or talks with them. Oh and she only sees people every 3-6-9 months. If your condition worsens between appointments? “Go back to your Walk In Clinic “

flag | Submitted May 29, 2019

After two visits I have to say that I am very impressed with Dr. Northcott and her staff. The office runs like a swiss watch. I arrived at 930 for a 945 appointment and was shown right in to the office. The Dr arrived at 947 and I was back outside by 1030. Dr Northcott is a highly experienced specialist with an excellent manner. She is well respected in her field and doesn't waste time . She had no issues with me recording my visit (audio) so my wife could hear it back. If you are suffering then I would recommend Dr Northcott. No hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2019

Dr Kim saved my life, and always asks about issues in my life ! Very caring, and a warm personality, and I don't have RA, but a rare autoimmune ! I've been in her care for over 9 years. If my ENT had been on the ball, I would have not lost my hearing, and centre vision in one eye !!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2019

I have been seeing Kim N for several years now and she got my RA under control and my life has been so improved since. I too am surprised that some are having very negative experiences with her -- I have had nothing but excellent visits with her and she monitors very carefully and will see you before time if you are worried about something. I find her kind and caring and very knowledgeable. She always listens well to me. I once waited a long time because she was attending to an emergency. I didn't mind waiting because I knew she was giving that person the time they really needed.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2019

condescending. doesn't listen. doesn't care. arrives late.

flag | Submitted May 5, 2019

I am not surprised by the comments. It looks like three people like her and they probably all have RA. Malignant Narcissistic Personality disordered doctor. If you have a Rheumatic autoimmune disease that isn’t RA run far away from this know it all doctor. Doesn’t listen, doesn’t know anything about my disease but think she’s an expert when I almost died in her care and then again when it attacked an area it normally doesn’t attack. Condescending, lack of empathy, curt, cuts you off and treats you like an object. Doesn’t put you on the meds you would prefer to take only when Methotrexate starts to damage your liver after severe side effects for five years finally could go on the medication I wanted. Doesn’t put her patients quality of life into consideration. Would be nice to be able to see another Rheumatologist. Victoria really needs to bring in more Specialists so we have options. Been very sick since age 13. If we could only sue for medical malpractice in Canada she would be the first on my list. You can’t go to one in Vancouver I tried if you already have a diagnosis of what I have and she wasn’t the one to diagnose me with what I have when I was in he care. Was on my death bed and another doctor had to figure it out. All those years of suffering and she just thought I had Fibromyalgia! My Sed rate was 101 when diagnosed and was in renal failure. After that she stopped testing my sed rate like wth? Doesn’t research things. Rolls her eyes if you try to talk about info online etc. Be your own advocate or you could end up on your death bed or with a permanent disability like me. I give half a star rating not even worth a full star.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2019

Surprised at the low ratings below. I have only wonderful rating for her. She diagnosed me having RA about 7 or so yrs ago. She has put me on drugs that have kept my RA from crippling me. She monitors them closely and sees me regular to keep watch on me, also has me getting blood tests monthly to keep close watch. I see her today and know that she will listen and check me out thoroughly ,H.er staff are so helpful and so good. She phoned me to remind me of my upcoming appointment when I had forgotten it due to not putting it on my calendar. I am to lucky to have

flag | Submitted January 8, 2019

Yup all comments are basically bang on with this Rheumatologist. Doesn’t care to listen and an air of self entitlement. She thinks she is better than anybody. No feeling whatsoever or empathy for patients. This doctor is going nowhere in her reputation in Victoria... In short... she is sooo full of herself & adds nothing to patient care.

flag | Submitted September 7, 2018

Dr. Northcott is one of those doctors who seem to believe that they are God and you, the patient, is nothing, knows nothing, and has no right to offer any opinion on what might be the problem. Her arrogance and inability to listen is simply astonishing; she should quit. Her demeanor would be perfectly fine in a corporate raider, an aggressive politician, or a self serving CEO. She has no business being a doctor. She refused to give me a rheumatoid arthritis test, and was generally unhelpful and unsympathetic, all the while looking glamorous and self satisfied. If she's a doctor, then I am a billionaire.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2018

I was admitted to Royal Jubilee hospital for surgery to remove a large mass that had destroyed my right clavicle in my early 50s. I previously had surgery to fuse degenerative vertebrae at an early age, and had early onset arthritis in my 20s. The first night I was in the hospital Dr. Northcott breezed into my room, dressed for a cocktail party, looked at my hands, rolled her eyes, and proclaimed, "You do not have rheumatoid arthritis, this was a waste of my time", and breezed out of the room. She was rude, dismissive, and never asked me any questions regarding the reason I was in the hospital for surgery. The next morning I was told the surgery was cancelled after "consultations with specialists" and discharged. I do not live in Victoria so a great deal of effort and planning went into my hospital trip. -- but apparently not as much effort as Northcott stopping by before a cocktail party. This was a shocking turn of events. I do not recommend her to anyone. I actually have a serious immune disease, but apparently she only looks for swollen finger joints. Eight years later and I am seriously ill and have not gotten any further with medical help. Do yourself a favor: Find another rheumatologist!

flag | Submitted August 17, 2018