You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Coby Demkiw-Bartel

I filed a complaint a few years ago to the College of Physicians and Surgeons over her behaviour. She is clearly not in it to help people, but rather get as much money as she can. If you go in for an ailment and request a prescription renewal at the same time, she won't do it or if she does she will raise a big stink about it. She wants you to have a separate appointment. I had forms to be filled out for SGI, and because SGI wasn't willing to pay for my time away from work they told me to go in at my earliest convenience. Apparently it was a few days past SGI's cut off because I was blatantly told that she wasn't getting paid to do this now that it was late and she doesn't like working for free. Thats when the letter to the college ensued. It was a disappointing process because there was no action taken. They simply believed the lies she wrote. Every response was a lie or some excuse as to why she handled herself the way she did. Attempting to leave her as my family physician was another painful process. I had to pay her unbelievable fees to get my medical documents transferred. She charges the highest rates within the city and of course they are "within the guidelines of the college". Every fee she charges is the maximum she can possibly charge so she can give one last kick to the patient and gouge them out of money. I decided not to transfer my documents. I have never had such a horrible doctor in my life. She never listened to anything you were asking. To add to my issues with her, I complained for years about severe back pain.... she just pushed pills. Never once sent to a proper specialist. Turns out I have been suffering from a serious back ailment for years. Five years of almost no sleep, drug pushing, etc, only to find out within a short period of time with another doctor what the real issue was. Its all about pushing to get you out the door to get another patient in. Her receptionist also has zero people skills and will lie to cover Dr. DB's back.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Not a good experience. Went there because she was listed as a family physician that is accepting patients in Saskatoon (and I'm looking for a family doctor). Wish I had read these reviews first! She didn't complete any checkup (which is what i requested). Told me of a few cosmetic procedures I may benefit from and then sent me out the door. She literally only spent 2 minutes with me, and sent me out!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

URGENT - looking to launch a class action lawsuit against this Dr. and also provide necessary information to the College of Family Physicians to have her license to practice revoked. If you are interested in signing a petition and please contact me at jeffgk@hotmail.com I urge everyone to write her governing body the Tracy Hastings Regulatory Services Coordinator College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan 101 - 2174 Airport Drive, Saskatoon, SK Canada S7L 6M6 T: 306-244-7355 || F: 306-244-2600 || complaints@cps.sk.ca || cps.sk.ca This woman needs to be stopped. She is unethical.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

Absolutely terrible!!! Do not go to this doctor. She doesn't deserve any stars what so ever!! She is greedy, rude, no bed side manner, no compassion or understanding. Stay Away!!! Just because she has the title Dr. Does not mean she has a good practice or is a good person. She is not!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

WARNING - stay clear of this Dr and her skin care products. She is unethical and doesn't not follow up with patients. I complained to the College of Family Physicians and she actually out right lied to her governing body. She is not at all credible or ethical - she needs to have her license revoked and not allowed to practice medicine or skin care.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Worst Doctor ever!!!!!! Never will I see that woman again! Her only interest is selling her skincare line. She is not a doctor in any respect, has terrible bedside manners and is only out there to make a buck. Glad I found someone else who is actually a doctor...not an arrogant money grabbing b*#%ch. Stay away!!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

I cannot say a good thing about Dr. Bartel. I've gone to her a few times and this time was the last straw. I went there with some concerns about these fainting episodes I've been having, hoping she'd check me and send me for blood work to rule out anything like cancer, etc. Instead, she took all of 6 minutes to tell me that my appointment was only for a prescription renewal, and that if I needed anything else I need to make another appointment. She rushed me in and out of there so fast I barely was able to say 2 words. The ONLY thing she cares about is getting paid for each visit. I brought my daughter there about a year ago for her skin, and the only thing she would "prescribe" is her own skin care line. I am very serious when I say that she should not be a doctor. Avoid at ALL costs.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

She is the worst family doctor your ever want to have. I waited there for 30 minutes and she only talked to me for less than a minute, and then I was rushed out. I don't understand how she can be a family physician and selling / consulting skin care product in her clinic at the same time. I won't recommend her to anybody.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

Would NOT recommend - Awful experience and treatment. Dr. Demkiw is only focused on selling product and she does not care at all for the well-being of the patient. She was late to my appointment, rushed me during the appointment and gave the perception that she only cared about selling me skin care products. She seemed to care little about my condition and my concerns. I do question her knowledge of skin and how to treat certain conditions. There are much better options available for dermatology/skin care in Saskatoon. After having an appointment with Dr. Demkiw, I decided to go to a an appointment at Bella Sante and was extremely happy with the knowledge, care and professionalism of the staff and Dr. Jubin. I was also thrilled with the outcome of my treatment! Please spend your money wisely and take extra precaution if you book with Dr. Demkiw.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

STAY AWAY!! I went to Dr Coby Demkiw-Bartel about my cystic acne. I waited 45 minutes to see her for 15 minutes or less.. When I did see her I told her I've tried TONS of creams/cleansers/topicals/etc. I told her I felt it was time to try accutane, possibly with a topical cream in addition. I also told her I'm a student so I don't have a lot of money to spend but my acne is seriously effecting my day to day life and my confidence has taken a hit. Anyways, she basically told me accutane was not necessary, that she has her own skin regime she says absolutely works and she has tested them all, this is the best. So, being the naive young person I am I said okay (despite the fact I've tried so many of these regimes) anyways I mentioned to her AGAIN I can't spend a lot of money, she said absolutely no problem I'll give you a deal by giving you some "limited" travel sizes in some of the products..... Well, I got to the front desk and my bill was a little over $700.00!!!!!!!!! It was very uncomfortable in a waiting room with six people starring at you to try and say I really can't afford this.. I ended up buying it all in my desperation for something to help my situation. Well, two months later and my skin has NOT gotten any better whatsoever.. I literally cry on a daily basis about it because its only continuing to get worse and I've spent $700.00 on these products. So I booked a follow up with her to ONCE AGAIN discuss accutane.. when i went in and spoke with her I was visibly upset about the situation, and guess what she did? RECOMMENDED I BUY MORE OF HER SO CALLED AMAZING PRODUCTS TO ADD INTO THIS REGIME. When I finally hit my breaking point with this BS I calmly told her, I bought $700.00 worth of products from you that have done nothing but irritate and worsen my skin.. I can't believe your trying to sell me more products and frankly I feel like your taking advantage of me to make money. Well did she ever change after I said that!! All of a sudden she had a nasty attitude, she almost seemed to be trying to intimidate me... and she said I was "the first customer to ever complain about her regime" ... yah ... right... anyways I tried to move on to discuss the accutane and she completely shut me down. Basically if I wasn't buying her over-priced skin products that she makes money off of she wasn't interested in me as a patient. I was so upset I literally started tearing up in the appointment. She sent me away with a pamphlet for accutane saying I can read it over and book a follow up AGAIN (which the next apt was in a month.....) I hope people see these comments and realize she is a money grabbing snake!! DON'T GO TO HER

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

Dr. Coby Demkiw-Bartel's Credentials

Sask Health

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I filed a complaint a few years ago to the College of Physicians and Surgeons over her behaviour. She is clearly not in it to help people, but rather get as mu..."

November 23, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Not a good experience. Went there because she was listed as a family physician that is accepting patients in Saskatoon (and I'm looking for a family doctor). Wi..."

October 28, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "URGENT - looking to launch a class action lawsuit against this Dr. and also provide necessary information to the College of Family Physicians to have her lic..."

October 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Absolutely terrible!!! Do not go to this doctor. She doesn't deserve any stars what so ever!! She is greedy, rude, no bed side manner, no compassion or understa..."

October 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "WARNING - stay clear of this Dr and her skin care products. She is unethical and doesn't not follow up with patients. I complained to the College of Family Ph..."

October 6, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Worst Doctor ever!!!!!! Never will I see that woman again! Her only interest is selling her skincare line. She is not a doctor in any respect, has terrible be..."

September 27, 2015
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "I cannot say a good thing about Dr. Bartel. I've gone to her a few times and this time was the last straw. I went there with some concerns about these fainting ..."

September 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "She is the worst family doctor your ever want to have. I waited there for 30 minutes and she only talked to me for less than a minute, and then I was rushed out..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Would NOT recommend - Awful experience and treatment. Dr. Demkiw is only focused on selling product and she does not care at all for the well-being of the pati..."

July 1, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "STAY AWAY!! I went to Dr Coby Demkiw-Bartel about my cystic acne. I waited 45 minutes to see her for 15 minutes or less.. When I did see her I told her I've tri..."

May 27, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Be very, very careful when you make an appointment for skin issues with Dr. DB. I booked an appointment, looking for information and some medical help with c..."

April 22, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "SHE IS THE WORST, SHE ONLY WANTS YOU TO BUY THE $300 SINK CARE PRODUCT!!!!!!!!!! WOULD NEVER RECOMMEND HER!!!!!!"

January 31, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "This Doctor borders on being negligent. When I went to her she told me that she had been pursuing becoming a Dermatologist so she was so knowledgeable about sk..."

January 31, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "WORST DOCTOR EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

December 22, 2014