Ratings for Dr. Coby Demkiw-Bartel

She is the first/only dermatologist I have ever seen. She recommended her skin care line and swore on it. That ended up being a waste of $300. It did nothing at all. After going back a few times I asked for oral medication which she refused to prescribe me. She is more concerned about selling her skin care line than actually solving your problem!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2016

Always a great experience. Seems genuine and always listens. Sometimes seems a bit rushed, but personally I love that. I don't want to sit there all day. She does what she needs to and then we can get on with our day.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2016

I have been seeing Dr. D-B since she first started practicing. I remember her leaving her first office/group because she was not interested in their direction of more cosmetic than actual medicine. I was impressed. However, my opinion has changed drastically. I'm very disappointed by her lack of ethics. Every appointment with her is rushed, she seems to show no genuine interest in her patients concerns. She rushes out of the exam room in the most in-appropriate manner. I am sad to see that she has allowed the cosmetic/skincare take over. My advice to her would be, if that is where your priority lays, then leave medicine to the Doctors that take pride in what they have educated themselves to do. Perhaps it is time to stop claiming you are a Family Doctor, when clearly.. very clearly.. you are not!

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

I filed a complaint a few years ago to the College of Physicians and Surgeons over her behaviour. She is clearly not in it to help people, but rather get as much money as she can. If you go in for an ailment and request a prescription renewal at the same time, she won't do it or if she does she will raise a big stink about it. She wants you to have a separate appointment. I had forms to be filled out for SGI, and because SGI wasn't willing to pay for my time away from work they told me to go in at my earliest convenience. Apparently it was a few days past SGI's cut off because I was blatantly told that she wasn't getting paid to do this now that it was late and she doesn't like working for free. Thats when the letter to the college ensued. It was a disappointing process because there was no action taken. They simply believed the lies she wrote. Every response was a lie or some excuse as to why she handled herself the way she did. Attempting to leave her as my family physician was another painful process. I had to pay her unbelievable fees to get my medical documents transferred. She charges the highest rates within the city and of course they are "within the guidelines of the college". Every fee she charges is the maximum she can possibly charge so she can give one last kick to the patient and gouge them out of money. I decided not to transfer my documents. I have never had such a horrible doctor in my life. She never listened to anything you were asking. To add to my issues with her, I complained for years about severe back pain.... she just pushed pills. Never once sent to a proper specialist. Turns out I have been suffering from a serious back ailment for years. Five years of almost no sleep, drug pushing, etc, only to find out within a short period of time with another doctor what the real issue was. Its all about pushing to get you out the door to get another patient in. Her receptionist also has zero people skills and will lie to cover Dr. DB's back.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2015

Not a good experience. Went there because she was listed as a family physician that is accepting patients in Saskatoon (and I'm looking for a family doctor). Wish I had read these reviews first! She didn't complete any checkup (which is what i requested). Told me of a few cosmetic procedures I may benefit from and then sent me out the door. She literally only spent 2 minutes with me, and sent me out!

flag | Submitted October 28, 2015

URGENT - looking to launch a class action lawsuit against this Dr. and also provide necessary information to the College of Family Physicians to have her license to practice revoked. If you are interested in signing a petition and please contact me at jeffgk@hotmail.com I urge everyone to write her governing body the Tracy Hastings Regulatory Services Coordinator College of Physicians and Surgeons of Saskatchewan 101 - 2174 Airport Drive, Saskatoon, SK Canada S7L 6M6 T: 306-244-7355 || F: 306-244-2600 || complaints@cps.sk.ca || cps.sk.ca This woman needs to be stopped. She is unethical.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2015

Absolutely terrible!!! Do not go to this doctor. She doesn't deserve any stars what so ever!! She is greedy, rude, no bed side manner, no compassion or understanding. Stay Away!!! Just because she has the title Dr. Does not mean she has a good practice or is a good person. She is not!!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

WARNING - stay clear of this Dr and her skin care products. She is unethical and doesn't not follow up with patients. I complained to the College of Family Physicians and she actually out right lied to her governing body. She is not at all credible or ethical - she needs to have her license revoked and not allowed to practice medicine or skin care.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015

Worst Doctor ever!!!!!! Never will I see that woman again! Her only interest is selling her skincare line. She is not a doctor in any respect, has terrible bedside manners and is only out there to make a buck. Glad I found someone else who is actually a doctor...not an arrogant money grabbing b*#%ch. Stay away!!!

flag | Submitted September 27, 2015

I cannot say a good thing about Dr. Bartel. I've gone to her a few times and this time was the last straw. I went there with some concerns about these fainting episodes I've been having, hoping she'd check me and send me for blood work to rule out anything like cancer, etc. Instead, she took all of 6 minutes to tell me that my appointment was only for a prescription renewal, and that if I needed anything else I need to make another appointment. She rushed me in and out of there so fast I barely was able to say 2 words. The ONLY thing she cares about is getting paid for each visit. I brought my daughter there about a year ago for her skin, and the only thing she would "prescribe" is her own skin care line. I am very serious when I say that she should not be a doctor. Avoid at ALL costs.

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015