Ratings for Dr. Jeffrey S. Garelick

Went to this office on the recommendation of a coworker. I've never been a real fan of going to the dentist but Dr G was a great doctor and spent alot of time with me explaining everything. No cavities! Nice staff, nice office. I'll be coming back to this place!

flag | Submitted December 7, 2011

Doctor and staff were excellent! I don't know who wrote these reviews but clearly have no brains. Dr Garelick offers a new patient complete exam, full digital xrays and a routine cleaning for $94-(that's without insurance). The guy who said $150 for the exam must have been some cheapo who didn't want to pay for a filling or something. Most doctors require a cancellation policy too. My dermatologist charges $50 if I give less than 48hrs notice. What kind of person asks the doctor to sign a promise to run on time? My medical doctor keeps me waiting every visit but I assume he is providing appropriate time for each patient and will do the same for me. As far as not being told about insurance benefits...well that is the policy holders job, but I've overheard treatment plans and options being given and explained in great detail. Dr Garelick & his staff are all amazing and go out of their way for me. Sincerely, Kelly Stapleton (Noticed nobody else signed their negative reviews)

flag | Submitted June 30, 2011

Dishonest Dentist: My wife called his office to schedule me for one of their “Free Consultation” offer. When I got there and was taken to an examination room, the Doctor came in and asked me what the problem was. I showed him my broken tooth. He looked at my broken tooth and said “it needs to be fixed”(which was obvious and I did not have to be a dentist to know that!). Any way he left the room without any more explanation. A couple of minutes later his assistance came in with a $150.00 “estimate” for examination. I told her I’m here for a consultation that is only possible after an examination, and how could you offer a “free consultation” and charge for the examination! She did not have any answer, so she went and got the doctor to answer my question. When the doctor came back to the room and I asked him the same question, he said “you need to see another doctor!” I just left his office thinking to myself “where are those good old fashioned values?”

Submitted November 8, 2010

Dr. Garelick is awesome. His office staff is a bit ittitating with their high pitched squeals and baby voices, but I would and do put up with it to see him. He has a great bedside manner, and has done very good work on my teeth. I came to him with several hairline fractures, broken fillings and cavities. I no longer have pain... I've seen him for almost 9 years and love him. He's gentle and cares a lot. The only thing I have to advise is that you keep track of your allowances with your insurance company, because his office workers don't care. They will tell you it's your job to do that. He used to have an awesome staff, but changed everyone. Now they suck. I don't care for his hygenists either. Go somewhere else to get your teeth cleaned. But he really is worth all this nonsense for the care he personally gives.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2008

This is below average dentist. His diagnosis is very aggressive. Even a small cavity is treated like a big thing. My filling was very bad. After a few days I developed terrible pain. I have to come back to have my filling drilled down. This dentist has to be included into the most money conscious doctors. He asks his customers to sign an agreement for a penalty of $40sh for missed appointed. When asked that he has to sign a reciprocal agreement for a penalty to doctor if the doctor keep his customer waiting for more than 30 minutes. He refused. This doctor lost me, my family many friends as his customers.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2006