Ratings for Dr. Michael Dobrogowski

He helped me with my glaucoma. I now dont need drops. He can be very busy and sometimes behind by as much as 30 minutwes. I still would reccommend him.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2017

I had my cataracts done a few months ago and still marvel at the new vision. I was referred by my optometrist for a significant glaucoma risk. The doctor couldn't reverse it with laser surgery so he needed to do cataract surgery. I have always needed glasses being very far sighted. I am now free of those heavy glasses and am blesse with great vision glasses free. Plus the glaucoma is cured.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

Great doctor, great surgeon. I would highly reccokmmend him to anyone. He is also a nice guy.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

After 5 years under his care I am sad to have to say goodbye. He cured my glaucoma with surgery 5 years ago when I was first referred to him with glaucoma that was wildly out of control because of my diabetes. He saved my eyesight and for that I am very grateful. I have to now move and am sorry to leave his excellent care.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2017

He was great! He cured my glaucoma with surgery 3 years ago and since then I use no more glaucoma drops. Last year this guy did my cataracts I have never seen better in all my life. I was very short sighted before and now i see perfectly. I would recommend him to everybody.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2017

It is not ok that I was told that Dr Mike wouldn't see me any more after years of looking after me. That "review" dated March 13 looks like an inside job. I don't feel any "shame that I want my doctor to keep looking after me. The other ophthalmologist I went to told me it's inappropriate to expect that he would read my 22 year history, and then provide ongoing care. He is much busier than Dr Mike. I don't think he should feel any "shame" for declining to take over my care. I would like Dr Mike to keep seeing me. I just can't understand how I can be treated like this.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

I saw this lovely man 3 years ago when I was first referred to him on an urgent basis by my ophthalmologist. He saw me in a very timely fashion and for that I am eternally grateful as I was about to lose one of my eyes to glaucoma. He did urgent surgery on that eye and the other 10 months later as it too became problematic. One year later both eyes required cataract surgery which I was referred to "Dr. Mike" to do as my general ophthalmologist , who did lots of cataract surgery, did not want to be involved with given the glaucoma surgeries I had to both eyes in the past. Three years later I have perfect vision and am using no glaucoma medicines. At the last visit Dr Mike explained I no longer needed to see him as my glaucoma was stable for three years after surgery. He also said that in the event it became uncontrolled he would see me rapidly. I believe him from my initial experience. I am writing this review to let others know of what a great doctor he is and how quickly he was able to see me and provide timely and successful surgery to keep me from going blind. The other reason I am writing is to defend his right to tell patients whose glaucoma is stable for a period of years to be followed by a general ophthalmologist. They should feel confident in being followed by another eye care professional who does not have to provide regular urgent vision saving glaucoma surgeries for the likes of me and many others that I have come across in Dr MIke's busy waiting room. Shame on those who put their own selfish needs in front of those who need quick access to this exceptional doctor to save their sight. How will he be able to see people in need quickly if we all expect to have him follow us forever after our glaucoma is made stable? Shame even more to the doctors who refuse to see a patient years after successful and stable glaucoma surgery for regular followup especially if their practice does not focus predominantly on urgent eye saving surgeries like Dr Mike's does. I highly recommend him as do many others I have spoken to over the years whilst sitting in his waiting room.

flag | Submitted March 13, 2017

Wow. I just read the comment below. I thought I was the only one........I have also been Dr Mike's patient for many years. He even took out one of my cataracts. Now his secretary told me he won't see me any more and that it's my job to find a new doctor. I am very angry.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

I was a patient for a long time. He did my cataract surgery and treated my glaucoma. Now he suddenly refuses to see me anymore. His secretary says that I have to find a new doctor myself. I did see another eye doctor, but he told me he can't take over my care because that's Dr D's job. I'm so upset I've been crying about it. How can a doctor do this to me??

flag | Submitted March 2, 2017

Dr Mike has followed my glaucoma and cataracts for the last three years. During that time the glaucoma has been controlled but my cataracts were getting much worse. I am a very anxious person who was overwhelmed with fright in the thought of having cataract surgery. Dr Mike was so patient with me as I now know the surgery should have probably occurred 2 years earlier than it had. The most telling thing I can share is in the whole surgical experience. The nurses were so kind in holding my hand through the whole process. Getting some nice IV medications also helped. Dr Mikes calming and confident demeanor was very reassuring as well. I thought it a nice touch on his part to let me choose music if I wanted it as well as the music itself. It made me feel a lot more" at home". Everything went beautifully. If there is a criticism it can only be that although his office usually runs within 15 minutes of scheduled appointments occasionally he falls behind to 30 minutes dealing emergencies.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016