Ratings for Dr. Peter E. Lavine

He is the WORST dr I have EVER encountered. My insurance provider gave immediate approval for a 2nd surgery out of " medical necessity " ( after I saw a hand specialist who recommended another surgery so that my hand would " work properly ". Additionally, I found Dr Lavine was EXTREMELY arrogant. I could NEVER recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2014

I had to wait over an hour to see Dr. Lavine. He was curt, seemed to think I was making my pain up, and didn't have any suggestions. Told me to get a CT scan. I had to call back myself the next day and was never allowed to talk to him, only the receptionist who couldn't decipher his hurried scribbles. She told me to follow up in 3 weeks. I had to pry to find out that i had fractured two of my ribs. No information was volunteered. It was like pulling teeth figuring out what this meant for me and what I should or should not do to recover. I was left feeling undervalued and pissed off.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2013

Dr. Lavine was the assigned doctor at Mt. Vernon Hospital for my mother when she fell and broke her hip. My mom could not walk after the fall so she waited in the hospital bed until surgery could be scheduled the next day. Dr. Lavine performed a partial hip replacement. My, other wise very healthy mom, slipped into a coma after the surgery due to fat emboli leaving the bone and traveling to her brain. She remained comatose for one week and after 3 months of rehab can walk with a cane. Fortunately for her only her short term memory seem to be affected by the brain emboli. It has been a rough recovery and I will always wonder why this happened during her surgery with Dr. Lavine. My brother took her to see Dr. Lavine during her second rehab facility stay and he was glib and did not even recall her. He did come to see her at Mt. Vernon to look at the surgery site while she was comatose and told me he would not be involved it was now a case for the neurologist.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2011

Peter Lavine's office has a picture of him with George Bush, but he doesn't have much time to actually help you. He gave me less than 3 minutes. He did not explain my x-ray and did not answer my question about my future prognosis.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2011

Avoid! On my initial visit, I left work early only to be kept waiting 90 minutes. He was unapologetic and spent less than ten minutes with me. Have made numerous calls to rude staff about bungled paperwork since that one and only visit. Yesterday I received a bill for an invoice that I had already paid.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2011

Agree with previous. I waited sometimes over 2 hours, and then he would rush me out the door. When I had a serious postop allergic reaction (skin) neither he nor his staff was helpful or responsive. A year later I changed orthos and was totally satisfied.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2007

It is not unusual for this doctor to keep patients waiting for well over an hour, and upon greeting makes no apologies for having wasted your time. He tends to be curt and not altogether interested in your case. My impression is that unless you are a professional athlete he would prefer you not bother him.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2006

Dr. Peter E. Lavine's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1984)

Amalgamated Clothing & Textile Workers Union