Ratings for Dr. David A. Cummings

After paperwork completion, I handed forms to the receptionist. As I handed her the forms she wanted to know how I was going to pay my co-pay. I said by either check or debit card. She informed me that I should have been told when scheduling the appointment that I needed to bring cash to the first visit, which I WAS NOT.The receptionist then thrust the paperwork at me and yelled, I'm not arguing with you! It was a blood pressure issue that brought me to Dr. Cummings .I went to my car and cried.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2016

I know for a fact that this doctor prescribes pain meds for people who smoke Crystal Meth and doesn't do regular testing. I was his patient for pain meds and called the office to inform them I had an operation but the staff didn't put the information in my file so he kicked me out if his office and called me a liar. They escorted me out the back door for some reason. He gives ice addicts pain meds but people that really need help he doesn't do a thing

flag | Submitted December 30, 2015

It's sad how rude some people's comments can be. Just because you didn't get the prescription you wanted you have to complain about the whole place. My experience has been awesome since day one meeting dr Cummings. He's helped me so much and I will definitely be back for years to come. The staff is so sweet. The receptionist & blonde nurse are so helpful and sweet. When you go to the doctors office it's people like them that you want to see. I give 5 stars!

flag | Submitted July 22, 2015

I have been going to Dr Cummings for over 12 years. He has always listened and where most Doctors just want to write scripts and be done with you, he gets to the root of the problem. I would not think of trusting my health to another Doctor. He has always been right on point ..

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

I've been to Dr. Cummings several times. He listen and care about your health. There are doctors that don't show the concerns as he does. Very good doctor.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2015

I saw Dr. Cummings for more than a year. At first I thought he was okay. I have had serious health problems for my age. At the age of 36 I had a heart attack. Then I was diagnosed with asthma. I have severe anxiety. After going there for some time....you will begin to realize how unprofessional and impolite they actually are. They are incompetent. My husband saw him one time and was charged for blood work when none was taken. Insurance fraud. Check your bills. This place is so shady that they write you a hand written receipt and do not accept credit or debit cards. All of these other people giving good reviews probably like prescriptions. He is good for writing those, but good luck getting a refill. He only cares about himself. He is not concerned about you and your welfare. The staff is rude....the waiting room is messy and unpleasant....he does not check anything thoroughly or appropriately. I have been given so many pap smears it's ridiculous, but it wasn't taken properly so I was supposed to go back and get another one. This doctor is incompetent. Do yourself and your health a favor and find a real PCP that will actually help you. I would give 0 stars if possible. I was mistreated.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

This Dr. has a problem filling a RX. My husband has been on some of his RX for years, but he still refused to give him any refills. Has to come every 3 mts just to get him to refill.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2015

Very incompetent. Staff very unprofessional. They berate you and talk down to you. He does not take the time to get his facts straight. do no recommend this Dr. to anyone who wishes to actually get help,

flag | Submitted November 13, 2014

I was very sick and I called everywhere in Roanoke to find a Dr that would work me in. Finally I called Southwest Medical Clinic and ask if there was anyway they could work me in, they said YES we can you can come in now. I couldn't believe it. So I go, the staff was very nice and Dr. Cummings was great, he listened to all my problems and made me feel like he really cared. I will definitely make Dr. Cummings my primary care dr. I highly recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2013

I WENT TO SEE DR.CUMMINGS FOR THE FIRST TIME, I WAS SCARED AND NERVOUS BECAUSE I HADNT BEEN TO THE DR. IN YEARS. HIS STAFF WAS VERY NICE AND MADE ME FEEL VERY COMFORTABLE THEN I MET DR.CUMMINGS HE MADE ME LAUGH AND MADE ME FEEL GOOD. I HAD BEEN SICK FOR A COUPLE OF WEEKS WITH A COUGH, HE DID A CHEST XRAY AND FOUND THAT I HAD LUNG CANCER. THIS MAN SAVED MY LIFE. HE WILL BE MY DR. FOR LIFE.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2011

Dr. David A. Cummings's Credentials

• West Virginia University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Roanoke, VA