Ratings for Dr. Mohammad Ijaz

This doctor is terrible, Him and his Staff have no clue what they are doing.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2019

The worst. Over 6 years, I asked for more diagnostic tests than I can count, and he refused. Finally asked hubby's family doc for a referral to a better doc after his epileptic seizures got progressively worse and more frequent... Ijaz wouldn't do anything but prescribe higher doses of the same meds. This guy just really doesn't seem to care anymore.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2018

He used to be only ok years ago now he has just given up DONT GO TO HIM he wont even try to help anymore do not waste your time seeing him will only make you sicker

flag | Submitted September 8, 2018

I guess Dr Ijaz wasn't as bad as others but wasn't very helpful. Was sent to him by Dr Kumar. He couldn't help me so he sent me to Dr. Melad Shawush. Wow, talk about the axis of evil of Regina's neurology. I guess birds of a feather.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I have seen dr ijaz for chronic fatigue and headaches that are really affecting my life he has ordered multiply tests and has came out with answer's turns out I have CDH which sucks btw glad I have answer's only complaint is lack of communication (6 visits to his office 2 times in the hospital)

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Worst neurologist I have ever met. Rude and not a caring bone in his body. DO NOT GO TO HIM

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Have seen Dr. Ijaz twice now, both times because he was attending physician in emergancy when I was admitted. Not much of a communicator, just stares, grunts and walks away. First time all follow up appts. consisted of "here try this pill" until I got so sick from the pills I stopped seeing him and threw out the meds which made an almost immediate difference and was able to return to work. Second time was for possable stroke. No stroke was detected but said symptoms indicated MS. As MRI did not show MS (was not done to check for MS but stroke that was discounted out of hand. More disconserting was the nurses having to tell him he was reading from someone elses MRI report and him just shrugging that off. Some may have good experiances with this doctor and I know nobody is perfect but for me I have not and two strikes yer out.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Every appointment I've had only lasts 5 minutes with him.. which then he asks me, so you know what caused the stroke? Uhm.. no. Since everything he ran came back normal and he decided to not search further. Then we talk about the blood thinner I'm on.. I find these appointments pointless since they are really nothing new. I've also had my stroke at 18, it's been a couple years not knowing what caused my stroke..

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Best Neurologist in Regina! Say what you want to say! Would recommend him to anyone! He was fantastic with my husband!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Yikes. My father was admitted with stroke-like symptoms (paralyzed on the left side, slurred speech, unable to sit/stand). Dr. Ijaz ran some tests, the CT scan came back clear. We inquired whether a MRI would be helpful in finding the cause. He said no. Then looked at one of the nurses nearby and asked if she would recommend getting a MRI. She said, 'yes.' So he ordered one - which revealed the damage. He then said he was discharging him with a blood thinner. My father reminded him he was also on blood pressure meds (Dr. Ijaz told him his high blood pressure was in no way connected with his stroke??) but paused, looked at his chart and then said, 'oh yeah, that too.' When we inquired what the diagnosis was (seemed to be a logical question before getting discharged) he told us it was a Pons stroke, so we asked what that was/what it entailed at which point the doctor became upset, said he'd told us 'several times what it was' and left. Up until that point we had no idea what the diagnosis was, he'd never talked to us about it - and my father had been in the hospital for two weeks. I don't think communication is a strong point with this one. Thankfully my dad is the in the Lord's hands - he definitely wasn't in this doctor's hands. And who knows, maybe it was an 'off day' but we were just a bit surprised at the lack of care, attention and communication. Staff were great though, good job staff. :)

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016