Ratings for Dr. Mohammad Ijaz

I guess Dr Ijaz wasn't as bad as others but wasn't very helpful. Was sent to him by Dr Kumar. He couldn't help me so he sent me to Dr. Melad Shawush. Wow, talk about the axis of evil of Regina's neurology. I guess birds of a feather.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

I have seen dr ijaz for chronic fatigue and headaches that are really affecting my life he has ordered multiply tests and has came out with answer's turns out I have CDH which sucks btw glad I have answer's only complaint is lack of communication (6 visits to his office 2 times in the hospital)

flag | Submitted May 2, 2018

Worst neurologist I have ever met. Rude and not a caring bone in his body. DO NOT GO TO HIM

flag | Submitted October 10, 2017

Have seen Dr. Ijaz twice now, both times because he was attending physician in emergancy when I was admitted. Not much of a communicator, just stares, grunts and walks away. First time all follow up appts. consisted of "here try this pill" until I got so sick from the pills I stopped seeing him and threw out the meds which made an almost immediate difference and was able to return to work. Second time was for possable stroke. No stroke was detected but said symptoms indicated MS. As MRI did not show MS (was not done to check for MS but stroke that was discounted out of hand. More disconserting was the nurses having to tell him he was reading from someone elses MRI report and him just shrugging that off. Some may have good experiances with this doctor and I know nobody is perfect but for me I have not and two strikes yer out.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2017

Every appointment I've had only lasts 5 minutes with him.. which then he asks me, so you know what caused the stroke? Uhm.. no. Since everything he ran came back normal and he decided to not search further. Then we talk about the blood thinner I'm on.. I find these appointments pointless since they are really nothing new. I've also had my stroke at 18, it's been a couple years not knowing what caused my stroke..

flag | Submitted July 18, 2017

Best Neurologist in Regina! Say what you want to say! Would recommend him to anyone! He was fantastic with my husband!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2017

Yikes. My father was admitted with stroke-like symptoms (paralyzed on the left side, slurred speech, unable to sit/stand). Dr. Ijaz ran some tests, the CT scan came back clear. We inquired whether a MRI would be helpful in finding the cause. He said no. Then looked at one of the nurses nearby and asked if she would recommend getting a MRI. She said, 'yes.' So he ordered one - which revealed the damage. He then said he was discharging him with a blood thinner. My father reminded him he was also on blood pressure meds (Dr. Ijaz told him his high blood pressure was in no way connected with his stroke??) but paused, looked at his chart and then said, 'oh yeah, that too.' When we inquired what the diagnosis was (seemed to be a logical question before getting discharged) he told us it was a Pons stroke, so we asked what that was/what it entailed at which point the doctor became upset, said he'd told us 'several times what it was' and left. Up until that point we had no idea what the diagnosis was, he'd never talked to us about it - and my father had been in the hospital for two weeks. I don't think communication is a strong point with this one. Thankfully my dad is the in the Lord's hands - he definitely wasn't in this doctor's hands. And who knows, maybe it was an 'off day' but we were just a bit surprised at the lack of care, attention and communication. Staff were great though, good job staff. :)

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

I went with my father to see Dr. Ijaz as he was experiencing symptoms which were very similar to those experienced by dimentia patients. The reason we asked to be referred is because the symptoms appeared very rapidly. I explained this sudden onset and because I knew my father better than anyone, I asked for some further testing. My father was asked a few questions and asked to draw a few pictures and that was it. He later passed away with a very large growth on his brain. By the time it was discovered, it was far too large and my father too weak for surgery.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

A down to earth person, very pleasent to deal with. Extremely helpful and considerate. His staffs are also very cordial, always responses calls or message. I went to him for my wife's epilepsy treatment and received best possible treatment from him. Thank you Dr. Ijaz and staffs.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2015

Agreed. This joke of a "Doctor"is a quack, clearly in it for his own well being. He misdiagnosed me and flat out lied on my insurance papers. An immoral, disgusting excuse of a human being. He should be investigated.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2015