Ratings for Dr. Agha S. Khan

Dr. Khan was very caring and supportive in my care. He was compassionate to my needs. The staff was very helpful.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

incredible with detail explaining condition and honest. cares about patients well being

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

The first few visits were ok, then just before my 1st surgery, he told me he would only be fusing my left lumbar spine, which was my "better" side. I asked, wouldn't this tax my right lumbar area which the MRI shows severe degeneration? He said that in all his years of experience he only had to do a follow-up surgery 3x. After the surgery the pain was much worse. He told me I had a low pain tolerance "like most women do." Fortunately my local doctor did a follow-up MRI which showed "problems with the placement of the fusion" & that my right lumbar spine had sig more deterioration. Dr. Khan said I needed a 2nd surgery & he would work with the hospital to lessen the charges. Ha! I had to pay $9200+ & after my 2nd surgery, the pain was so much worse! Again he blamed me and tried to talk me into a 3rd surgery! No Way!! After surgery #2, I happened to find out that he is paid a flat rate per surgery. That's why he only fuses one side at a time, so he can charge for 2 separate surgeries!!

flag | Submitted July 27, 2014

Misdiagnosed my problem. Made injections to my lumbar when there was no problem with my back. Did not interpret my MRI correctly. Never trust him again.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2012

Initial visit went well. I had a lot of damage in my spine. I had questions and concerns with the procedure he wanted to do. He said he was confident the surgery would work & my concerns were not warranted. After the first surgery the pain was worse. He told me that I just didn't have high tolerance for pain. Fortunately my family doctor ordered another MRI. It showed major problems in the area operated on - the same problems I had concerns & mentioned during the first visit. He apologized & said I needed a 2nd surgery. The 2nd surgery was completed & I still had tremendous pain, more than I did before my first surgery. He had the nerve to tell me AGAIN that I had low pain tolerance. Is that his only defense when a patient's case doesn't go well? Not very professional when things go wrong - he tends to blame the patient. Staff is not friendly. The waiting room is hot and stuffy. You wait at least 2-3 hours. They schedule 12-15 patients per hour, so plan on sitting for a while.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2011

This dorctor's waiting room is a joke. Everytime I have come to his office it is an hour wait to get checked in after the scheduled appointment time and 1 hour after that to be seen. His staff is not friendly and really needs to be over hauled... Do not go to this guy if you are in a hurry

flag | Submitted April 7, 2009

MY HAD AN AUTOMOBILE ACCIDENT AND EVERYWHERE WE WENT THEY ALL WANT TO DO A BACK SURGERY. SOMEBODY RECOMMENDED HIM AND WE WENT TO SEE HIM. AFTER CHECKING HER HE TOLD US SHE DOES'NT NEED ANY SURGERY AND WE SHOULD NOT GO FOR SURGERY. HE TOLD HER SOME EXCERSIZES AND BY THE GRACE OF ALL-MIGHTY SHE IS FINE.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2008

I am 27 years old and had a disk broken into to pieces in my neck. One of the pieces happen to be in my spinal cord, which was causing major side effects. I went to a local neuro-surgen and had a mri. He then told me I needed surgery and he couldn't do it. He contacted Dr.Khan and had me an appointment the next day and had my surgery schduled that very same day as my first appointment. I had an average wait upon meeting Dr. Khan for my appointment. After that the chances of me recovering were below 40%. Dr. Khan did my surgery at Maryland General Hospital and I was released the very next day with very little of the side effects left. I am very grateful to this doctor and would send anyone and everyone to him if they needed a neuro surgern. A lot of thanks from me and my family to Dr. Khan

flag | Submitted August 15, 2008

Dr. Khan was the only neurosurgeon to take my problems seriously. He listened to me and proposed several non-invasive treatments before we finally agreed on surgery. My pain was gone almost immediately following surgery. He even cut a family vacation short to come home and do my surgery. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2008

Dr. Khan read my films incorrectly at first (flipped) and recommended a procedure that the other three neurosurgeons I visited strongly recommended against. We waited over two hours to see him without any reasonable explanation.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2007

Dr. Agha S. Khan's Credentials

• Hindi

• Nishtar Med Coll, Bahuddin Zakaria Univ, Multan, Pakistan (Grad. 1979)

Healthnet