Ratings for Dr. Timothy A. Fignar

I find it very interesting that the comments from several years ago are five-star, but all recent ratings are quite ominous for this physician. I also find it interesting that I, too, had some positive experiences with him back then but as soon as my care became "complicated", I was treated like a second class citizen. Someone else said it perfectly: "Something has drastically changed in this practice", - and I'm not sure what it is. Nor do I care to figure it out. I thought it was me, but these recent posts could all have been written by me! There are so many other competent docs out there, I just found another. Something needs to again drastically change, Dr. Fig, or you may find yourself with a lot of time on your hands. Sounds as if people are leaving you in droves, just as I did about ten years ago. I've never looked back...the market is just too competitive! And my care is a heck of a lot more important to me than lining your pocketbook. Good luck to you.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2016

changed or discontinued medication controlled by another physician without permission. Ignored questionable cat scan results of patient and never notified patient. No follow-up care. No check-up or follow-up appointments. Will definitely get another physician instead.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

First-time patient. The receptionists couldn’t get my name right. AND they continued, even after I corrected them. My name is not Catherine; it’s not even close. Filled out the electronic forms, which, when I was nearly through, spammed me with medicine advertisements. Finally, even though I specifically requested to see the doctor with my health concerns, I never met the doctor. A young PA treated me instead. Kind of like, if I go to my auto mechanic with car trouble, and instead of my mechanic working on my car, his little brother, who wants to be an auto mechanic someday, instead works on my car. Except this is much more serious. I don’t make an appointment with a doctor to instead find myself in an examining room with a doctor’s “assistant”. NO, I will not be returning to Dr. Fignar’s office. The fact is, when I need to see a doctor, I need to see a doctor. I expect his staff to remember my name, and I don’t expect to have consumer ads foisted on me during the check-in process.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2012

This is the WORST doctor's office I have ever visited. I used to be able to get appointments to see Dr. Fignar, but now it's impossible to see him. Instead, the support staff pushes patients to see the PAs. Dr. Fignar is a lousy doctor but, trust me, his PAs are even less competent (if you can imagine such a thing). Laura is unbelievably rude, unprofessional and not the least bit knowledgeable. She not only misdiagnosed me, but made disparaging comments about me which I can't even bear to repeat in this anonymous forum. She is the main reason I chose to leave this nightmarish practice. For the record, the PA Nicole is also terrible. She is not rude like Laura, but she just doesn't care. She misdiagnosed the cause of my skin rash (which she literally examined from across the room) and needlessly prescribed me medication. I would not wish the rude, nasty and unprofessional behavior from this doctor and his staff on my worst enemy. Consider yourself forewarned!!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2012

Dr. Fignar, Nicole and Laura are all very professional and knowledgable. Have never had a problem with any of them.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2012

Today was the first visit (wellness physical) I saw Dr.Fignar and not one of his assistants in five years since he expanded his practice. Now that I am on a new medication prescribed by a psychiatric APRN, I had some questions regarding side effects I have been experiencing that were not addressed with my APRN. I initiated the conversation with, "I have some questions I need to ask you regarding a few side effects I've been experiencing from a new medication I was put on." He proceeded to respond with, "This is a wellness exam:If you do not want to be charged a co-pay, you need to only address any serious concerns you may have to your physical well being." His haughty attitude really put me off, as in the past, he always took all the time in the world to address what was ailing you during a physical. He made me feel as though I couldn't ask questions without being charged an additional fee, which left me feeling very degraded. Needless to say, I will be searching for another doctor!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2012

rude staff. i had an ekg and was informed i had a prior heart attack. went gor a stress test and was told ekg was misread. also cut off on refills with no explanation. avoid at all costs.p

flag | Submitted March 18, 2012

I rated this Doctor so poorly is due to the treatment I received from the very start. When I called to schedule an appointment I was told that you see the PA-C before you see the Doctor. At my appointment I waited an hour and watched two other patients come and go while I waited. My appointment was interrupted so Nicole could take a call. When I was trying to return her call to receive my test results I kept being told she was with patients all day. They were rude and had no compassion for the fact that a patient was anxious for their restults. I had to call several times; at one point I asked to speak to the actual Doctor which I couldn't. When I called to have my test result sent over another DR.I waited for 5 minutes on hold I had to call back. I later received a message from Nicole. When she return ed my return call she proceed to SCOLD me w/out asking me how I was treated by the staff. I was told if I spoke with the Dr. the call would not have been much better.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2012

After having been a patient for about 5 years (also 3 other family members are patients), this practice has become a nightmare. I was very happy with Dr. Fignar initially and had no problems. He always seemed interested and caring. Something has DRASTICALLY changed! I called to ask about his new policy charging $70 for missed appointments, since the office said that both my husband and me missed yearly physical appointments. The office girl did not seem to care to handle this and said Dr. Fignar would call me. He did and proceeded to tell me off! This was not a conversation but a scolding. When I asked him to calm down, he said "who do you think you are talking to? I'm your doctor!", which at this point left me speechless. I have NEVER had a professional speak to me in this way. Needless to say, we will not be returning to his practice.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2011

I HAVE NEVEF SEEN SUCH RUDE PEOPLE AT A MEDICAL OFFICE. NO COMPASSION. WAS NEVEF ASKED IF I WANTED TO SEE A PA INSTEAD OF DR FIGNAR. DR FIGNAR DOES NOT RETURN CALLS. YOU CAN NOT GET PAST THE FRONT DESK.AFTER 3 TRIPS TO THE ER THE DR FROM THE ER CALLED AND SPOKE WITH DR FIGNAR PERSONALLY. DR FIGNAR RESPONDED HE WOULD CALL ME. THAT WAS 3 MONTHS AGO. STILL WAITING FOR THE CALLBACK FROM DR FIGNAR. I HAVE ALLED BLUE CROSS AND PUT IN COMPLAINTS. THEY SENT ME A LETTER STATING THEY WILL NO LONGER RECOMMEND DR FIGNAR TO NEW PATIENTS. DR FIGNAR DOESNT EVEN SEEM TO KNOW OR CARE WHAT IS GOING ON IN HIS OWN PRACTICE.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2011