Ratings for Dr. Ellen Middendorf

I was really comfortable with Dr. Middendorf, she was great after leaving a doctor that was terrible. I was so sad when she left the group at Memorial. She was kind, thoughtful and I really liked her. I still have not found a new doctor I am comfortable with and like.

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

Enjoyed having Dr Middendorf. Does anyone know if she is practicing anywhere? She left Family Physicians at Memorial. She was always so easy to talk to and was very thorough. Didn't look at you like you were a "quack" like some doctors. Went to a different doctor after she left,was not good.Still on the search for a good doctor.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

My family and I used Dr. Middendorf at Red Bud, Smithton and Belleville over a period of about 8 years. She has been a caring care provider. She takes time to explains things. We feel free to ask anything and don't feel stupid for not knowing. She's very punctual because she hates waiting for her doctor. Some of her staff could be snippy but the majority of them were friendly, helpful and caring. She does not hesitate recommending a specialist if it means quicker relief for the patient or a higher level of care that she cannot provide. We seldom had trouble getting an appointment the same day we requested one. Dr. Middendorf has left primary care to concentrate on her family and we must find another doctor. The new doctor will have very big shoes to fill. We can't wait until she returns to primary care so we can go back to her. We used several different insurance companies while under her care and paid different co-pay amounts.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2012

Dr. Middendorf is always friendly, helpful, and professional.

flag | Submitted August 16, 2011

I have no idea who the other people on here are rating, but Dr. Middendoef has always been fantastic with me. And NO, I do not work for her and I am not part of her family. I am a VERY happy patient.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2011

I asked for a prescription for pain until my appt with a specialist. I was given a Urine Drug Screen, and even then the script could not be filled because the staff made an error. The Dr. is wonderful, her staff is horrible.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2011

DR. MIDDENDORF NOW PRACTICES WITH A NEW PRACTICE AT MEMORIAL HOSPITAL..SO THE HORRIBLE REVIEWS IN 2007 DESCRIBE THE POOR, CONDESCENDING OFFICE STAFF WHEN SHE WAS DR. SCHENEWERK. I'VE ONLY SEEN HER IN NEW OFFICE SETTING AT MEMORIAL, AND WAS COMPLETEY IMPRESSED WITH HER KNOWLEDGE, CONCERN, EXPLANATIONS AND AVAILABILITY. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND HER SERVICES. HER STAFF IS A LITTLE QUESTIONABLE, SOME GOOD SOME RUDE, BUT OVERALL TOLERABLE.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2011

Dr. Middendorf is a caring wonderful doctor, but her staff are horrible. I was accused of pain pill shopping because I use 2 pharmacies (one delivers) the other is open late. And using different addresses. One letter of my address was omitted by the pharmacy. I was berated like a junkie by her nurse. I have a chronic painful condition and they will not even let me talk to her. Don't go if you are needing pain management.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2010

her attitude toward me was poor, therefore she wasn't caring. ultimately she refused to help me via a letter i received from her, which was not necessary, as I had already planned on staying far away from her. i had a hiatal hernia, which my chiropractor diagnosed and fixed my problem.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

I would NOT recommend this doctor or her staff. Her staff must be writing these good reviews on here cause she really is horrible. I went in for severe migraines and the receptionist (not the doctor) snapped saying, "we are not giving you narcotics". Not only was she rude, but she was unknowledgable because my migraine medication I have always taken is NOT a narcotic. Dr. Middendorf instead decided to prescribe her own idea of what I should take (even though I have been on the same one for years). When I told her that they did not work she not only wouldn't prescribe me something different, she called the pharmacy and cancelled my refills of what she did prescribe. Also as far a "family" practice, when I went in there, there was a cop and an inmate in handcuffs and in a prison uniform waiting to be seen by her. Really nice. It was so fun explaining to my 5 year-old why that man was handcuffed and with a cop. I wouldn't step foot in that place again if the Dr. herself paid for my visit.

flag | Submitted July 1, 2007

Dr. Ellen Middendorf's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)