Ratings for Dr. David J. Kolessar

Dr. Kolessar replaced my right hip in 2015 and right knee in 2018. I was up and walking the next day on both occasions. He and his team were a big help in my recovery. I would highly recommend Dr Kolessar to anyone considering Hip or Knee surgery. My pain was controlled and I was comfortable. After a week I have minimal pain and am well on my way to a new and better quality of life.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2018

Dr. Kolessar replaced my right knee on 12-11-17. I was walking that day and Home the next. He and his team were a great help from my first visit, the Total Joint Class, and through the surgery to post-op. Pain was controlled and I was comfortable! Now, happy to say, 7 weeks later, back to normal and enjoying life without pain! I highly recommend Dr. Kolessar for a number of reasons...the most important being that he not only is a great doc and surgeon but someone who actually cares about his patients and their life goals!!

flag | Submitted February 2, 2018

Dr. Kolessar performed my total right hip replacement surgery. I am extremely pleased with the outcome. Several friends of mine recommended him and they were right. He is very personable and extremely knowledgeable. He explained everything clearly and compassionately from the first visit, through the operation, recovery, and follow up. He and his staff treat everyone as an individual and are kind and caring. He is an excellent surgeon and I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2018

Dr. Kolessar recently performed my total hip replacement revision. He is knowledgeable, kind, and caring. He answered all of the questions my husband and I had in terms we could understand minimizing any fear we might have.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2017

Dr Kolessar did my Total Knee Replacement Oct 16,2017. He has an excellent bedside manner. Spends time with both patients and family. Made sure that my pain was well controlled. It is now 6 weeks post op. I am walking without a cane for the first time in over 2 years. I can walk up about 6 steps normally! I can walk faster than my 93 year old mother in law for the first time in 2 years! I loved the joint classes he had me go to pre op. Also love the Force program he enrolled me in that's online. I recommend Dr Kolessar very much. He would be the only ortho physician I would go to.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2017

Dr Kolessar performed total knee replacement on me 7/11/16.Dr kolessar was wonderful throughout the entire process,from the initial consult,to the surgery /hospital stay,and follow up appointments.He is down to earth,caring and compassionate.Did I mention,he is a wonderful surgeon.He was highly recommended to me by several friends who are doctors.I would highly recommend Dr. Kolessar to anyone having knee problems.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2017

Recently had knee replacement with this doctor -- experience was fantastic.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

I would highly recommend Dr. Kolessar to anyone who is having knee issues. He is not only very personable, but extremely knowledgeable and helpful too. He alleviated my mother's fears about her total knee replacement. Dr. Kolessar took his time to ensure the surgery was done right. He doesn't perform 15 knee replacements in one day. He is also, very willing and available to answer any questions. He was the complete opposite of the prior doctor my mother was seeing. We are so grateful that we found him!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Dr Kolessar is the epitome of what all physicians should be . I had a total hip replacement and was walking the same day. He is very sensitive and explains everything that's going to be preformed. He takes all the time you need to ask questions. he's very informative. Dr. Kolessar is the standard to strive for. I would highly recommend him .

flag | Submitted September 25, 2016

Never felt better about going to see a Dr. Had a total hip replacement was up and out of the house in 10 days.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2016

Dr. David J. Kolessar's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)