Ratings for Dr. John C. Kaufman

I had an abnormal CT of my abdomen during the fall of 2014, which had been ordered by my primary care physician. He referred me to Dr. Kaufman for further evaluation. I called Dr. Kaufman's office on a Friday afternoon, extremely upset, and I was given an appointment for the following Monday at 9am. Dr. Kaufman is extremely knowledgeable in his field, and he said that he did not feel the CT results were anything to worry about. He ordered some GI-related blood tests, and I was given an appointment for a colonoscopy the following week. He was very detailed and helpful in the manner in which he explained the prep and the pre-procedure instructions. The morning of the colonoscopy I was a nervous wreck, as this was my first colonoscopy, but Dr. Kaufman made me feel extremely at ease and comfortable. He kept putting his hand on my shoulder and warmly assuring me that I had nothing to worry about. His assistant was also very kind and understanding, and answered any questions she could. She also made me feel at ease. The anesthesia, Propofol, took seconds to take effect, and before I knew it I was awake and the procedure was over. He is an expert in performing colonoscopies, and I felt no pain or discomfort during or after the procedure. Afterwards, he sat down with me and explained his findings in detail, which were all non-specific and non-disease related in nature. He showed me the pictures of my colon, and he went over my blood results with me, which were all normal. He told me I was a lovely, lovely patient, and that he would see me in 10 years. I would highly recommend this specialist.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2014

Always a very long wait, at least an hour, usually more. He is always smiling and friendly but almost in a condescending way. If you complain of a pain he just pulls down your skirt, pants, etc. No warning, no gown, no respect! This happened to me and someone else I know who went to him. Also there was an elderly patient who went to him. An endoscopy showed multiple, I mean hundreds of polyps in her stomach. It was alarming - he even said that. He biopsied one. He was asked why, he said one is enough. You don't do them all but you do a couple. He may seem nice but I would NOT recommend him.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2009

Very knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2008

Dr. John C. Kaufman's Credentials

• Spanish

• Univ Auto De Guadalajara, Fac De Med, Guadalajara, Jalisco, Mexico (Grad. 1976)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal