Ratings for Dr. May Sue Mah

Had 3 baby’s by her she amazing. She took great care of me and my child was healthy and she made my experience great

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

Love Dr. Mah, she knows her stuff. She performed my surgery and came to check on my twice while I was recovering. Answered all my questions and made me feel as ease.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Simply awful. If you want to leave her office bleeding, in pain, angry or devastated, depending on her mood, by all means, go and see her! Worst OB in Alberta AVOID LADIES! She will hurt you and act like a total cow while she hurts you!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

I was sent to Dr. Mah to find out if my ovarian cysts were cancerous. I was 18 at the time, and the staff was incredibly judgemental. I kept receiving dirty looks from the staff and the other patients in the waiting room. I was already incredibly nervous, and having to wait almost an hour in such a hostile environment did nothing for my nerves. At the beginning of the appointment itself, Dr. Mah asked me if I was sexually active, to which I replied (truthfully) that I was not. She continued to ask. I told her multiple times that I had never engaged in penetrative intercourse with a man, but this did not satisfy her. She asked if I was sure, told me that "even once is enough to count." Once she gave up on this line of questioning, Dr. Mah simply told me that my cysts were not cancerous, and seemed irritated that I was even there. She offered little to no explanation when I asked how she knew that my cysts were benign. She made me feel as though she thought I was a waste of time. She then asked me about previous cysts I'd had (I had a very large cyst surgically removed when I was 13), and wanted to know their exact nature. I told her that they had also been benign. She rolled her eyes at me and kept asking what kind of cyst. After she raised her voice at me, I realized she wanted to know the medical classification of the cyst, which I did not know, and said I assumed it was in my medical history. This answer only served to further agitate her. She went on to ask if I had a boyfriend, and implied that I should get one soon. She said that they (doctors) were going to, and I quote, "hack away at my ovaries" until there was nothing left, and that I would "lose my femininity". She told me I needed to start having babies as soon as possible. I had turned 18 about 2 months prior, was not sexually active, and had never had a boyfriend. Despite telling her this, she said that I would regret not taking her advice, because I wouldn't have the chance later in life. Then she said she was going to give me a pelvic exam, which I have since been told by multiple other physicians was completely unnecessary, given my age, sexual history, and reason for visiting. She asked me again if I was sexually active. I said no, again. She told me that it was going to hurt. She put her glove on, and put the tiniest bit of lube on it, and without warning, jammed her fingers into my vagina so forcefully that I yelped in pain. The impact of her hand caused bruising on my labia, which made both sitting and walking uncomfortable for days after my appointment. She rolled her eyes and actually yelled at me for being "too tight" as she angrily ripped off her gloves. Without making further eye contact, she told me to clean myself up, and that she'd see me outside before slamming the door. Dr. Mah was unprofessional, aggressive, and abusive. I left my appointment in tears. I was traumatized, and had to spent the next 30 minutes trying to calm down in my car, because I was shaking and crying so hard that I could not drive. I would not recommend seeing Dr. Mah even if she were the last OB/GYN alive.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018

20 years ago my baby girl died. Do a court search.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Dr. Mah saved my life in an emergency operation. When I ended up needing a hysterectomy she only took out the necessary organs allowing me to avoid early menopause. She held my hand as the anesthesia took effect and spoke to my husband about the surgery as soon as possible. She even came to check up on me while in hospital when she was not scheduled to be on. I owe her my life.

flag | Submitted April 10, 2018

What can I say, Dr Mah is amazing. She delivered 2 of my children, my 2 nieces, and my 4 grandchildren as well as my great niece and nephew. When I first came to Edmonton I was afraid of having more children due to the premature birth of my first child. I was forced to deliver her at 28 weeks after the onset of pre aclampsia. After coming to Alberta from Montreal I needed to find a doctor I trusted. I was given a referral to Dr Mah. It was the best referral I could have ever received. With the aclampsia returning during my 3rd pregnancy I soon found out that I was in the best hands of a knowledgeable and professional doctor . Dr Mah is the best there is and I trust her with my life .

flag | Submitted March 14, 2018

Very bad doctor! I am wondering why she has been in medical practice! She does not seem to have advanced knowledge in medical field, and not caring at all when her patients are in labor’s!

flag | Submitted February 7, 2018

I've been seeing Dr Mah for 13 years. 2 pregnancies and once a year for pap screening. Dr. Mah is quick and to the point, but she is very knowledgeable and kind. She was very reassuring during delivery and had a lot more time to crack jokes! She came to see me at 7am the following day with no concerns. I had a copper IUD insertion with no complications for 6 years. Removal was quick and painless. Now we are expecting our third child and more than happy to have Dr. Mah as our OBGYN. She is the best.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2017

She is a fantastic doctor. She may not spend as much time as you would like in your Initial appointments but you wouldn't want anybody better at your side when you have your baby. She was instrumental in our delivering two very high-risk pregnancies and both children survived and are thriving with no deficits. She is phenomenal and you're lucky to have her as your OB/GYN .

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017