Ratings for Dr. May Sue Mah

Dr Mah has been my Dr delivered both my kids. She was always very helpful during my pregnancies and listened when i had questions and always answered them.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2019

While I sympathize the commentators below, who had a far less pleasant experience with Dr. Mah than I did, I provide my comment solely based on my experience. Dr. Mah took care of my wife throughout her pregnancies and delivered our two sons with utmost success. My wife, the principal benefactor of Dr. Mah's care admires her immensely, as I do. I wish Dr. Mah good health and happiness. She is as good a professional as she is a human being. Well done girl.

flag | Submitted November 16, 2018

I am writing this 25 yrs after the traumatic and horrible delivery of my son. He was born cerebral palsy. I have suffered from depression ever since. Blaming myself. However I have one to realize that trauma both my son and I have went through could have been avoided. I pushed for hours until I could no longer push. Nurses had to help me up to the push bar at the end. I then had an eclampsia seizure resulting in my son being born by forceps. He was stuck for hours while she made me push. He should have been a c-section. I was young and did not know any better. When I had my third child my doctor was reviewing my first pregnancy and I had to correct the facts. She said all she could do was write them down but she could not change what previously recorded. There were made up facts covering up that she had me push until my body could no longer and my son suffered brain damage. No one should see her. I know I am not the only one.

flag | Submitted November 9, 2018

This individual performed a high forceps delivery on a first time mother (term baby, textbook pregnancy) in the delivery room, not the OR, after mother had been unnecessarily put through 6 hours of second stage of labour (typical is no more than two hours). It took 20 minutes to prep the OR for surgery. The infant was born severely oxygen deprived and subsequently died.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2018

Dr. Mah was fantastic. She was friendly, informative and I would recommend her anytime.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2018

Wow someone told me look up the comments she hurt so many people. In 2004 I had a hysterectomy. After the surgery she send me home I was sick over and over turn yellow my husband brought me back to her office she said it will go away . Sometimes I wonder when she said it was nothing after we left did she fix her paper works surgery and all hide the mistakes shred ???? Yeah my liver was failing near death in coma . At U of A hospital they save me it was a miracle I got a liver prayers were answered. A person who died gave me her liver I am so grateful!!!! I prayed that she stop being a doctor . The only thing I know do not go to her please !!!! I do appreciated life every day grateful . But if you have a gut feeling listen to it. I met the best doctors and staff at U of A they are so amazing . They are other doctors !!!!!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2018

Had 3 baby’s by her she amazing. She took great care of me and my child was healthy and she made my experience great

flag | Submitted August 10, 2018

Love Dr. Mah, she knows her stuff. She performed my surgery and came to check on my twice while I was recovering. Answered all my questions and made me feel as ease.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2018

Simply awful. If you want to leave her office bleeding, in pain, angry or devastated, depending on her mood, by all means, go and see her! Worst OB in Alberta AVOID LADIES! She will hurt you and act like a total cow while she hurts you!

flag | Submitted June 19, 2018

I was sent to Dr. Mah to find out if my ovarian cysts were cancerous. I was 18 at the time, and the staff was incredibly judgemental. I kept receiving dirty looks from the staff and the other patients in the waiting room. I was already incredibly nervous, and having to wait almost an hour in such a hostile environment did nothing for my nerves. At the beginning of the appointment itself, Dr. Mah asked me if I was sexually active, to which I replied (truthfully) that I was not. She continued to ask. I told her multiple times that I had never engaged in penetrative intercourse with a man, but this did not satisfy her. She asked if I was sure, told me that "even once is enough to count." Once she gave up on this line of questioning, Dr. Mah simply told me that my cysts were not cancerous, and seemed irritated that I was even there. She offered little to no explanation when I asked how she knew that my cysts were benign. She made me feel as though she thought I was a waste of time. She then asked me about previous cysts I'd had (I had a very large cyst surgically removed when I was 13), and wanted to know their exact nature. I told her that they had also been benign. She rolled her eyes at me and kept asking what kind of cyst. After she raised her voice at me, I realized she wanted to know the medical classification of the cyst, which I did not know, and said I assumed it was in my medical history. This answer only served to further agitate her. She went on to ask if I had a boyfriend, and implied that I should get one soon. She said that they (doctors) were going to, and I quote, "hack away at my ovaries" until there was nothing left, and that I would "lose my femininity". She told me I needed to start having babies as soon as possible. I had turned 18 about 2 months prior, was not sexually active, and had never had a boyfriend. Despite telling her this, she said that I would regret not taking her advice, because I wouldn't have the chance later in life. Then she said she was going to give me a pelvic exam, which I have since been told by multiple other physicians was completely unnecessary, given my age, sexual history, and reason for visiting. She asked me again if I was sexually active. I said no, again. She told me that it was going to hurt. She put her glove on, and put the tiniest bit of lube on it, and without warning, jammed her fingers into my vagina so forcefully that I yelped in pain. The impact of her hand caused bruising on my labia, which made both sitting and walking uncomfortable for days after my appointment. She rolled her eyes and actually yelled at me for being "too tight" as she angrily ripped off her gloves. Without making further eye contact, she told me to clean myself up, and that she'd see me outside before slamming the door. Dr. Mah was unprofessional, aggressive, and abusive. I left my appointment in tears. I was traumatized, and had to spent the next 30 minutes trying to calm down in my car, because I was shaking and crying so hard that I could not drive. I would not recommend seeing Dr. Mah even if she were the last OB/GYN alive.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2018