Ratings for Dr. May Sue Mah

Ask for another referral if you can. Rude and unprofessional. Extremely aggressive and unhelpful. Actually called her out on how terrible the experience was because I was in shock. Will file a complaint.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

Yes, Dr Mah's office can have ridiculous wait times. One time i had to wait an hour and 45 minutes. Why? Because she was at the hospital handling a vaginal frank breech delivery. So, not only is she respectful of women's decisions, she is dedicated to her patients. I really liked her receptionists as well. They were kind and helpful. The misericordia wanted me to get unnecessary additional testing and they handled the situation promptly for me and put my mind at ease. Dr Mah was extremely knowledgeable and pleasant to have as my doctor for all my appointments and my delivery. She will be my OB during my next pregnancy without any doubt in my mind.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2017

Totally unprofessional. Was in there the other day and one staff was wearing dirty cowboy boots and stained jeans with a scrub top! Other girl at front totally rude and one in back doesn't speak very good English and I'm pretty sure had no idea what I was talking about. Horrible staff and Dr.Mah seemed completely out to lunch while I spoke to her.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2017

Thank you Dr. Mah. You reception gave me a surgical date of May 9 to have my tubes tied. Thank you for making me wait 6 months to have a procedure that isn't even booked at the hospital. Thank you for making me take a week off work tk not have a surgery. Please also thank your reception staff for putting me on a hold for 10 minutes, never calling me back with a reason, follow up or concern of why I am not booked in the hospital tomorrow. Also thank them for the 25 minute hold they put me on until I eventaully hung up. I will be sending you bill to pay wages for the week of work I took off to not have surgery like you said I would. You will be hearing about this some more. Now that I am over the shock of you asking me 'What's the matter, can't he find my hole' comment, I recognize that this is a blessing in disguise to not have you operate on me. Very dirty practise indeed. I will be strongly relaying this to my referring doctor. Shame on you.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2017

she has plenty experience and excellent skills. without her, my delivery must end up with c section, she can make everything looks easy

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

My first visit with Dr Mah was unpleasant. She was rough and had no sympathy and passed my pain off as me being weak. She never listened to my concerns and rushed in and out. Her office is very outdated and looks dirty. The bathroom was filthy and I chose to not use it due to the lack of cleanliness. She never washed her hands and after my internal exam, she left without giving me a napkin to clean myself up. I had to search for one in her understocked room. The garbage was full so I just put my used napkin in my purse so I could use a cleaner garbage later. She is harsh and abrasive and has zero bedside manner. She then tried to talk me out of getting a tubal because of my age. My children are older and my husband and I didn't want any more. She made me feel like my opinion didn't matter. I think that Dr Mah should retire! Her front receptionist is the absolute worst! Rude, looked unclean, very unprofessional (band tee shirts and skull sweaters aren't clinic appropriate), and as soon as any patient walks in the door it looks like you're inconveniencing her by being there. If you hate your job that much, maybe you should find something that you enjoy. The lady who did my weigh in was pleasent but her English was very broken and seemed unsure of herself. I would not recommend going there. Find somewhere else to go for your vaginas safety.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

Very poor experience with this doctor. Receptionist is the worst ever you have seen. Doctor doesn't give any time to patient to listen and often misses the appointments and sends an alternative. No regards of patient's emergency or any complex condition.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2017

Horrible horrible horrible doctor. Her license needs to be revoked. Apparently, walking into a room without even saying a word, and just shoving tools into you with even greeting you or explaining what she's about to do. How can you relax anything down there when she's aggressively shoving medical tools in there? She barely spoke to me, didn't explain anything and by the end of the appointment, I was in tears. DO NOT DO IT LADIES. She's aggressive, which leads to unnecessary pain and bleeding. She cut the string too short for the IUD when she put it in and isn't sure how she's going to get it out, so I'll have to be sedated and get it removed BY A DOCTOR WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE doing and that's sure not her. I don't know... I feel like someone with absolutely no knowledge or training was just ramming me with medical tools, aggressively, into my most sensitive areas. I'm furious, I left crying. She has ZERO empathy, she won't listen to a single word you say, she won't answer a question. She's useless, completely useless. What bothered me the most was when she was getting unbearably aggressive, I asked her to please stop and she didn't. She completely ignored me as if I wasn't even there. That felt like I was being violated, because I couldn't even get a response from her, let alone get her to stop. I understand these procedures do come with some pain, however, there was no empathy, comfort or explanation to any questions. Again, HORRIBLE.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

She is a great doctor, very knowledgeable and helpful. I strongly recommend her. T.W.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Do a court search. This doctor was recently found to have committed medical malpractice.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016