Ratings for Dr. May Sue Mah

Horrible horrible horrible doctor. Her license needs to be revoked. Apparently, walking into a room without even saying a word, and just shoving tools into you with even greeting you or explaining what she's about to do. How can you relax anything down there when she's aggressively shoving medical tools in there? She barely spoke to me, didn't explain anything and by the end of the appointment, I was in tears. DO NOT DO IT LADIES. She's aggressive, which leads to unnecessary pain and bleeding. She cut the string too short for the IUD when she put it in and isn't sure how she's going to get it out, so I'll have to be sedated and get it removed BY A DOCTOR WHO ACTUALLY KNOWS WHAT THEY'RE doing and that's sure not her. I don't know... I feel like someone with absolutely no knowledge or training was just ramming me with medical tools, aggressively, into my most sensitive areas. I'm furious, I left crying. She has ZERO empathy, she won't listen to a single word you say, she won't answer a question. She's useless, completely useless. What bothered me the most was when she was getting unbearably aggressive, I asked her to please stop and she didn't. She completely ignored me as if I wasn't even there. That felt like I was being violated, because I couldn't even get a response from her, let alone get her to stop. I understand these procedures do come with some pain, however, there was no empathy, comfort or explanation to any questions. Again, HORRIBLE.

flag | Submitted January 26, 2017

She is a great doctor, very knowledgeable and helpful. I strongly recommend her. T.W.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Do a court search. This doctor was recently found to have committed medical malpractice.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2016

She is the worst doctor I have ever seen. She has poor knowledge. Her staff is also rude.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2016

Dr. Mah performed my hysterectomy two weeks ago and I felt I was in the most competent hands. She is professional and to the point, providing options and then her opinion, answering all my questions, and I felt I was part of the process the whole way. I would not hesitate to recommend her as your OBGYN. She performed both my Mother's and Mother-in-law's hysterectomies in the past and they were also extremely pleased with her (as well as the improved quality of life as a result of the procedure). She takes her responsibility very seriously.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Not sure where the negative reviews are coming from. Dr Mah is an excellent doctor who gave me excellent patient care and attention. Extremely knowledgeable. Regarding bedside manner, as a physician you want someone who is up front with you and tells you all of the details instead of someone just there to hold your hand. A doctor is there to provide you with the utmost medical care. Dr Mah is amazing.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

I saw Dr. Mah in 2013 when I was pregnant. That was my first and last appointment with her. The woman at the front desk was snippy. The nurse who weighed me had never heard of my thyroid condition, and it is a very common condition. When I was waiting in the examining room, I heard the patient in the room beside me cry out in pain. Dr. Mah entered my room and gave me a vaginal exam (inserted her fingers). She did not use any lubricant, and she was not wearing gloves. I did not see her wash her hands at any point during my appointment. When she inserted her fingers I told her it was painful, but she ignored me and continued anyway. I was in pain for two full days because of it. She tried to find my baby's heartbeat, but her cell phone rang, so she answered it. She chatted on her phone right in front of me, she didn't even leave the room. Then she tried finding my baby's heartbeat again, but was unsuccessful, which was pretty upsetting. It turned out that her equipment was old and not working properly, but instead she blamed me for being "overweight". She told me to stop eating so many carbs, even though she asked me no questions about what I eat. Everyone at this clinic seemed very unprofessional, and Dr. Mah also seemed very sadistic.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I was transfered to her from whitecourt with preterm labour at 36 weeks and known uterine septum causing baby to be breech. She was very knowledgeable from the moment she walked into the labour and delivery room. After minimal progression over 3 days she scheduled a section and was very prompt and dispite everything going on I felt in good hands at the care of Dr. Mah.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2016

I was a bit weary about seeing Dr. Mah because of some of the reviews that I read . However, I was very pleased with Dr. Mah throughout my pregnancy (and so was my husband). She has great intuition and is extremely professional. I felt that I was in good hands throughout my pregnancy. I do have to admit that there were a few times that she was quite late for my appointment, but at the end of the day, when you're delivering she gives you 120% (she was there to break my water before her office hours, checked on me after her office hours, kept checking in with the nurses to see how my labour was progressing and stayed on call throughout the night to deliver my baby, even though she didn't have to). She managed to rotate my baby safely and helped me have an amazing delivery! Dr. Mah will definitely be delivery my future children. I highly recommend her.

flag | Submitted August 14, 2016

After visiting Dr. May I was was pleasantly surprised that she was very professional and and answered all of my questions. The previous ratings were NOT applicable to the doctor that I saw. Dr. Mah was thorough in explaining a course of action for my situation which did include further testing. I can only comment on my experience and it was excellent. The front staff greeted me very pleasantly and with a smile on her face. She made me feel very welcome. The office waiting room was spotless as was the examination room. Dr.Mah made me feel comfortable while performing the procedure. It was painful at times for me but I was more than happy that it was completed in her office instead of the hospital. I have NO complaints about Dr. Mah. My experience was excellent.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2016