You may also like

Rate Dr. May Sue Mah

Dr. May Sue Mah's Ratings

Worst doctor ever!! Horrible doctor ever! Terrible doctor ever! All bad words can be used to describe her! I just cannot understand why she could be accepted and be called a doctor!
After my first visit to her office, I was thinking if I should come back to her. She was inmpatient, very short with the appointment, did not answer your questions, which I mean she kept quiet for most questions you asked. It is wired. E.g. She once asked me what I ate for lunch, I told her I had 3 chicken wings. Before I said other things, she looked so shocked as if I had the most incredible meal in the world! And said "3 chicken wings, my goodness, how could you eat 3 chicken wings at one time? " I was scared cause I thought the meal could do harm to my baby, and asked "they are not good to the baby? How could I eat better?" Guess what her answer was. She kept quiet for a couple minutes, then said "very interesting diet!"
I was thinking of changing to a different doctor during my pregnancy, but my friends said many doctors are like that, fast and keep appt short as they do not have much time. I understand that. She was not the only doctor I visited in my life. The reason I kept her until my delivery was the hospital will let the OBGYN to be your doctor at your labour. And she is in this field for over 30 years. However that was one of my biggest mistake in my life.
It turned out she almost killed my baby! Without other people's help, my baby could not get back to life!
I went to the hospital after I bled. She did not do much in the first 12 hours, except a few visits. I was feeling happy as I thought the doctor did not need to be there that much, which means everything was fine with me and my baby. Until the last half 10 or 15 minutes before the baby came, she bruptly pushed me and demanded me to push hard. I tried all my means at that time, while she was laughing at my grunting and crying, asking me not to make any sound when pushing! She laughed at my husband as he was encouraging me in our language!
When my baby came, anther doctor was called and some nurses came in and brought her back to life!
When I was still half conscious, she was doing some stitches at my wounds. However, she stitched some blood in, and made one side of my bottom swollen like a tennis ball! Then I was suggested to have another operation to cut it open and suck the blood out the next day! It turned out 5 days passed after my baby was born and could get enough breatmilk for her! I would not say all those had nothing to do with that bitch doctor's doings!
The day after when I asked her why I was given such a short time to push, she was very loud and told me it was because the nurses were guffing around, she was trying to correct some of their errors! What a liar!!
I hope future mother-to-be's see this story of mine and do not go to this still-called-a-doctor witch. Do not think she has a. Chinese background as you and can help you more. She would even laugh at you if you do not understand her English, as she will think it is your fault and cannot understand much English! You will probably feel more discrimination than other times, just like I feel the most when I was in the labour room!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2883522].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 1, 2015

I've been a patient for years. Had my ups and downs. She knows what she's talking about but can be very short with you. Don't expect anything longer than 5 minutes with her. New staff seemed quite unprofessional. Kinda a toss up.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2841539].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 18, 2015

STAY AWAY. I went for one appointment with her and she was terrible and rude. Her staff, also, were just as rude and terrible.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2833377].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 10, 2015

TERRIBLE DOCTOR!!! I had to stay in Edmonton for a few weeks for concern my baby would come early, when I went for a check up she was rude, made a comment about "you keep saying you want to go home, then chicken out" when advised to stay in Edmonton longer and she opened the door after doing a pap exam while I was still bottomless on her table with nothing covering me. She kept getting my dates mixed up. Horrible horrible doctor and person!!!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2825009].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted June 2, 2015

Total and complete mean lady. Worked as a nurse with her and she was very mean. Kind of a bully.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2819179].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 27, 2015

At first I wasn't so sure about Dr.Mah but as my pregnancy progressed I saw what a great doctor she is. People can't get mad at her for being late, if she has an emergency at the hospital that's her first priority which honestly is a good thing. She's direct with you and tells you what you need to know so if you want a doctor who will beat around the push and only tell you want you want to hear and not what you need to hear then find someone else. I was having gal attacks and Dr.mah had admitted me to the hospital and made sure I saw the proper surgens and specialists. Anyway I needed to be induced at 37 weeks due to my gal bladder and she helped me through the whole process. I needed an emergency c section and she was right there and help save my baby. I will not forget what she did for me and I will always recommend her.

Was this rating useful? 2 [[ userState['ratings'][2800278].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Don`t waste Your time. Find somebody else. She doesn't listen, She doesn't care. Hard to communicate with.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2775890].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I loved Dr. Mah! She had my best interest in mind, always made me feel good. Answered any questions I had. Never had a long wait at her office. I would suggest her to anyone!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2772292].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted April 9, 2015

Dr. May sue mah is not someone I would ever go to again. I had my first born in 2013 and the experience was awful to the point where I had anxiety for months. Even though I had no complications nor was I overdue she recommended I get induced, without telling me any of the risks or anythjng . Being a first time mom I didn't know any better and agreed to it. After getting induced my son flipped sunny side up and their was meconium when they broke my water. After only an hour of pushing Dr. Mah shoved forceps in me with absolutely no warning! Not only did I tear horribly but she completely tore up my sons face and injured his neck. When it came time for the stitches she had an intern stitch me up without me giving any consent. After everything i ended up having a huge anxiety attack and sat there hyperventilating and she just walked out of the room, it was actually one of the nurses who asked if I was okay. All this was just the tip of the iceberg. I had problems with her right from the beginning straight up until I left the hospital. I will never go to her again. And I suggest everyone else to keep their distance.

Was this rating useful? 4 [[ userState['ratings'][2756847].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted March 24, 2015

Dr. May Sue Mah is very rude and trashy with the patients and staff. She also very bad technically, during surgeries and procedures. Her knowledge of medicine is very poor also. She makes mistakes, and never apologizes to patients. Somebody who had bad experience with her should complain about her to the regulatory body, College of Physicians and Surgeons of Alberta (CPSA) to get her license revoked:

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2744177].votes_count ]]