Ratings for Dr. Elias M. Rifkah

Caveat emptor! This doctor will get you nowhere with his diagnosis and will waste your time and money. In October of 2014, I went to this doctor as I was having asthma-related symptoms. His first words when greeting me, 'Ah, you have what everyone else in Altoona has, the common cold!'. So I explained my issues and he sent me to UPMC for chest xrays thinking that I had pneumonia. My second trip to him I was given an inhaler. My third trip, another chest xray for pneumonia. My fourth trip, I was greeted by him saying 'Ah, you have what everyone else in Altoona has, the common cold!' After explaining that I had asthma, I was told to get rid of my cat and continue using my inhaler as the sole treatment for my asthma. By this time, the weather was getting warmer and my asthma symptoms were dying down. By the fall of 2015, the asthma was acting up again. I went there one final time, for some reason, and was told again to get rid of my cat and continue taking my inhaler. At this point, a friend with asthma informed me that I was using my inhaler an unsafe amount (5-10 times a day, multiple puffs at a time). I decided to finally go to a different doctor two buildings down (Tilyou, great doctor!) who put me on a Breo immediately and I have not had to use an inhaler since.. Shame on me for being foolish and sticking with this joke of a doctor, but I felt sharing my warning for others to see.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I love my Dr. and his staff they are the best and i will never choose another place to be.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2011

Dr. Elias M. Rifkah's Credentials

• Univ Of Tichreen, Fac Of Med, Lattakia, Syria (Univ Latakia) (Grad. 1988)