Ratings for Dr. John Edward Albrecht

I have been seeing Dr. Albrecht for just over 10 years and found him to be quite thorough when an "issue" arises. He does not hesitate to order further tests. He takes time to do a fairly complete annual exam.

flag | Submitted October 30, 2014

Friendly and wants to make sure you have the facts. Open minded on alternative treatments.

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014

Punctuality can be an issue. Feel like he has too many clients. Guy knows his stuff tho

flag | Submitted September 17, 2014

Dr. Albrecht has no time for being a doctor it seems. You have to wait months sometimes to coordinate an appointment with him. I have since switched to another family doctor this year (my husband's). He rushes through his appointments. My sister cannot get into see him and she has a very serious concern. Everyone in my family wants a new doctor and there just aren't enough out there. I worry about the state of health care in this province.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

Dr.Albrecht has been my family physician since we came to Canada in 1995. We are so blessed to have him. His sincere care of the patients, highly knowledgeable, and never rush through diagnose impressed us deeply. He had been away for a while years ago for medical reason, we really missed home that time. We were so happy to see him back to work in great shape. We hope he will keep in good shape and healthy for years to come. I believe all his patients hope so too.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2010

I consider myself so fortunate to have been under the care of Dr. John Albrecht for almost 35 years. He has helped me through several difficulties, always with an extremely caring and dedicated attitude. He is very thorough, knowledgeabe and follows up, even after referrals. I never feel rushed and he is wonderful with answering questions. He remembers amazing things from years past and always has a smile and twinkle in his eye. His office staff are happy and caring and do a great job fitting an urgent appointment when necessary. I am really dreading the day Dr. Albrecht retires.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2009

Dr.Albrecht is very knowledgeable and thorough. He always takes the time to listen and follows up on everything. I don't know how he does it sometimes. Nice to have a Doctor that actually listens! If he doesn't know the answers to something he will make sure he finds out or refers you to someone who will. I feel very lucky to have him as my doctor. He also treated my mom until she passed away and gave her the best care possible! Couldn't ask for better!

flag | Submitted April 6, 2009

Dr. Albrecht has been mine and my children's doctor for about 7 years. He has always given as much time as required to meet the needs of the visit. I do understand that sometimes there is a bit of a wait, but it is hard to perdict how much time it will take per patient. I assume that all doctors are very busy theses days with the lack of doctors in the province we will continue to see wait times in the waiting room. Dr. Albrecht knows his patients and takes time to understand what is happening in their lives medicaly and personaly. I would recommend him to other patience.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

Dr Albrecht is the best, I have had him as my gp for over 20 years, don't know what I'm going to do when he retires.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2008

I have been a patient for over 30 years and have always received the best treatment. He delivered both of my children and gave them excellent care. Dr. Albrecht has been so supportive to me in some very difficult times in my life that I cannot even consider looking for another doctor even though there are considerable wait times for an appointment.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2008