Ratings for Dr. Joseph T. Santoso

Being referred to an oncological surgeon is frightening but my experience surprised me. The office was calm when I entered and a woman behind the desk smiled and said “Hi, Honey”. Her tone was friendly and welcoming and I found that to be true of the two nurses who I interacted with. I had arrived anout twenty minutes early but was taken back to an examination room immediately. Dr. Santoso was warm when greeting me, and it was obvious that he was already familiar with my chart. He sat down next to me and we talked for a few minutes about the test results that resulted in my referral to him. He quickly and accurately judged my grasp of the situation and the need for surgery. He was called out of the examination room several times and I might have found it irritating except that it actually provided me the opportunity to process the information and formulate my questions with my husband. Dr. Santoso conducted a brief physical examination which confirmed his expectations from information provided by my primary physician. He confirmed the need for surgery, and I was introduced to a staff member who asked me which dates and hospital I preferred, I left his office about the time my appointment had beeen scheduled to begin. Walking to our car my husband sai “that was extraordinary” and we discussed how impressed were were with the attention and efficiency of the office, and especially the warm demeanor of Dr.,Santoso. The next time we spoke to Dr Santoso we were in the hospital waiting room waiting to be checked in, Dr. Santoso walked into the waiting rooom and spoke to an elderly gentleman about his daughter and the succuessful conclusssiom off her surgery. then he the spoke to my husband and I and asked if we had additional questions for him. I have had only a few procedures prerformed in the past, but had never seen a doctor take the time to greet the next patient for surgery. I spoke to him again in the OR, in the recovery room, and the next morning in my hospital room. I have told a number of friends about my experiences with Dr, Santoso and his staff. Both my physician and her nurse practitioner told me that my experience agreed with those of other patients.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2018

During my recent visit, he publicly commented that my genitalia had not seen much action. Not only is that unprofessional, but also inappropriate and borders on sexual harassment. I will be writing letters to both Bapt Hospital Board and TN Medical License board. DO NOT SEE THIS "DOCTOR". HE IS NOT WITH WEST CLINIC. HE IS EMPLOYED BY BAPTIST CANCER.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2018

Dr. Joseph T. Santoso's Credentials

• University Of California, Davis School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)