Ratings for Dr. Debora A. Ortega-Carr

Dr.Ortega Carr and staff are very knowledgeable and helpful. I have severe allergies and they have been attentive and helpful.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2015

I went to Dr. Ortega for chronic hives. I had horrible skin reactions that covered over 80% of my skin. When I went to Dr. Ortega, I felt that she didn't believe me or thought my concerns/explanations were exaggerated. She also would not return calls regarding results (very frustrating). The saving grace in the office was their staff nurse who remembered me each time I had to call in and was extremely helpful. Dr. Ortega also was not helpful with medications...she perscribed a medication and neglected to tell me that a horrible side effect was weight gain (I gained over 30 pounds in less than 6 months, seemingly unexplained). I only discovered the side effect after a news article in my hometown paper. I would not recommend her.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2012

The office is not comfortable or inviting. The staff nurses seemed rushed and annoyed to have to work. From the time I entered the office to the time I left it had been 2 1/2 hours for a simple appointment. Dr. Ortega-Carr looked at me like I was lying when I was describing my symptoms and only acted like she cared after I had a bad reaction from the scratch test. I had to wear patches on my arms for two days to do more testing and she said after I had them read she would call me and we would discuss a plan of action or decide if we needed to do more testing. She never followed up with me.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2008

Dr. Debora helped me identify allergies as they emerged. We planned a strategy that has helped me manage my allergies w/o medications except in emergencies (as I requested). Now that I'm going out of town for several weeks and will have to eat in restaurants, she helped me modify my strategy to better cope. I feel far less anxious about traveling now. -- Rebecca

flag | Submitted May 16, 2007

Went to Dr after bad rash reaction to something. Did scratch test, was told only allergic to 7 items. Scratch test done previous year elsewhere said allergic to 35 items. Debora said not allergic to items I know for a fact I am allergic to, including cats and shellfish. Asked her to read test again she said I don't seem to be reacting today. Went to different doctor and they found I am still allergic to cats and shellfish. Don't know how she missed the signs.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2006

Dr. Debora A. Ortega-Carr's Credentials

• Ohio State University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Oxford