Ratings for Dr. Mary Bell Vaughn

This has to be the worst Internal Medicine Dr in the area. Some on staff are ok, but most are rude and snotty. They have so many patients they can't keep up and they make errors. If you want to be herded like cattle, by all means.....

flag | Submitted September 18, 2017

I was recently informed Dr. Vaughn was not in my network. She is my confident, my source of strength and my friend. No one takes the time to listen like she does!

flag | Submitted April 14, 2017

The worst doctor, if you can call her that. She has no people skills, doesn't care about her patients and responds to none of your concerns. My last visit, I had an acute upper resp infection, possibly the flu as well, feeling awful and she asked me why was I there.. I also told her that a type 2 diabetic medicine one of her assistants gave me to try but didn't work, and all she did was nod,, didn't suggest anything else for me, just blank stare. I just got up and told her I was wasting my time coming in there to see her. She is AWFUL, CARELESS, COLD, AND NEED HER CREDENTIALS TAKEN AWAY.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Horrible! I've never been more insulted in my life! I had an appointment with her, and she refused to treat me. I got there, and the nurses offered to watch my girls. I didn't ask, they offered. That fruit loop doctor came in and told me that her office staff wasn't a babysitting service. This was one of the worst times of my life. I reached out and was shot down. Thankfully I pulled myself up by my bootstraps. Life is great! How she can call herself a dr is beyond me!

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Dr Vaughn was helpful, listened attentively, and treated me effectively. The follow up visit was convenient and hassle free.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2016

This office seems to have a lot of staff issues, which seems to be having a big effect on the running of the office and the overall quality of care as a whole. It seems that dr. Vaughn is never there much, and you have to see a nurse practitioner every time. Well, I pay a physician copay, so I feel like I have the right to see a physician. I agree with the comment below that the negative reviews tell a lot about this office, they are pretty pin point and accurate. Over the past 3 or 4 years it seems like it is constant chaos when you go in there, and when something needs to be taken care of, it is a constant game of go talk to this person, go see that person. No one seems to know anything that is going on.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

please, if you need a doctor, read all of the reviews. The negative reviews, in particular are eye-opening and from personal experience truly reflect this practice overall.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2015

Dr. Vaughn's office staff is consistently rude, unpleasant, and make you feel as though you are an annoyance to even call them. Another problem I encountered is that Dr. Vaughn is painfully conservative in prescribing medication, which is understandable with all those who abuse prescription medication these days, however, when you suffer from panic attacks and severe anxiety-and she has seen symptoms of this in person in the office-it should be acceptable to prescribe a patient a small dosage of the proper medication, she will not. She will refer you to an outside psychiatrist, even when this service is truly not needed. She will get you in and out of her office quickly, which is a plus. However, I would not recommend Dr. Vaughn based on the above mentioned facts.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

Told heart attack patient to drive herself to EM Room rather than call ambulance. Then wrote letter to patient almost died and the prognosis is not good.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2014

Dr. Vaughn was my primary physician for 4 years. While I had no trouble interacting with her, or with the nurse practitioners in her practice, the rest of her office staff was consistently unhelpful, as were a few of the nurses. I had one instance where I had a question about a sensitive subject, and emailed the nurse to ask if I should be concerned. (I didn't want my coworkers to overhear the sensitive conversation, hence the email.) In response, the nurse called my phone. Three days and several phone calls and empty (from the nurse) emails later, I gave up. In my frustration, I said to the nurse on the phone that I was going to find another doctor. Apparently they put this utterance in my records and after my annual physical a few weeks later, I received a letter saying I was being dropped as a patient. Only after they could bill for my annual physical, mind you. Bottom line, if you want pain meds, botox, and/or chemical peels, Dr. Vaughn's practice will take great care of you.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2014

Dr. Mary Bell Vaughn's Credentials

• Mercer University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1999)