Ratings for Dr. Scott M. Yarosh

Spent every visit talking about things that were completely irrelevant. I rarely got a word in. When I did get a word in, I would tell him the medicine wasn't working. Everytime he recommended increasing it until I was on 250mg of Zoloft! I'm 23 years old and 135lbs! The past 3 years of my life have been wasted away because all I can do is sleep. I told him I was experiencing brain zaps and he told me he had never heard of those and couldn't help me with that.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

I saw him in the hospital and had heard he was a bad dr. So i asked him to please let me see another dr. while i was there . I said that i just didn't think we could work together for personal reasons. He became very angry and defiant. He called me a narcissist and refused me another dr. I was already in the hospital for major depression and after his scary ranting i just wanted to get away from him. The nurses and staff urged me to report him to hospital because in groups most of the patients were talking about his poor behavior. I was still very sick and focused on just getting help and was afraid he would commit me or something crazy. I wish i would have reported him because the whole mental ward was more concerned with him than there actual mental illness crissis they were there for . He is horrible and if you confront him he goes wild . You seriously shouldnt have to fight for your rights and report bad psychiatrist when you are in a major crissis .

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

Dr. Yarosh initially comes off as an open-minded psychiatrist, but after a few appointments, it is evident that he is anything but. He spends most of the appointment time sharing his personal opninion on dofferent topics, rarely checking in with the patient to see where they are at, how they are struggling, or if they are improving in certain areas. He requires almost monthly appointments but doesn't utilize the appointment time appropriately. He makes assumptions based on appearance rather than feedback from the patient and is very unwelcome to challenges or requested feedback as to his recommendations. He can tend to label patients as difficult if they ask for more information on medication or for overall options.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2015

He's a "take charge" kind of guy. He knows his stuff but gets into areas that are beyond the scope of his responsibility. He is very abrasive with others but not necessarily with the patient. He will try to intimidate and bully others who express concern about the patient, but if you set firm boundaries with him, he will back down. Don't hesitate to go to the licensing board if he steps beyond his responsibilities. But as to knowing his medications and taking appropriate and firm action he is really good.

flag | Submitted June 29, 2014

This Doctor has "2" corrective actions against him by the Minnesota Board of Medical Practice.

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

I completely agree with a prior review. He does not appear to care. He is arrogant and dismissive about family's concerns and questions. He did not communicate with the care team and did not document or complete orders that he discussed. He also prescribed meds that appear to be contraindicated for the condition being treated. We have concerns about fairly substantial side effects and if the damage will be able to be reversed.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2012

Excellent treatment and method. Very personable and halpful.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Had an appointment, was there on time, 3 patients were ahead of me. Always hurries me out in less than 15 min but lets other patients drone on and on with better insurance. He is a snake don't trust him ever.

flag | Submitted April 21, 2011

I would strongly caution anyone against working with Dt. Yarosh. His "care" for patients and their families is the worst I have seen in the medical field. Treated our family's questions with disregard and disrespect. Was arrogant and dismissive and prescribed meds that were confirmed as contraindicated for the condition being treated. This doctor failed the basic oath of medicine: he did harm to his patient and the family of his patient.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2010

good knowledge of psychiatry but not personable, or willing to listen to patient questions he knows best doesn't need or want input from patient

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Dr. Scott M. Yarosh's Credentials

• University Of Minnesota Medical School (Grad. 1986)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal