Ratings for Dr. Douglas G. Wright

Staff would not schedule a post-op visit until Dr. was called personally. He discharged pt with 2mm gap in patella fracture AFTER surgery and 4 weeks of mandatory in-house rehab. Surgery redone but excessive damage so lost part of patella. He is a GENERALIST not knee specialist!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2017

He was very rude and arrogant His bedside manner was terrible. He was assigned to my mom by Harford Memorial and needed to have the surgery the same day.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2017

Dr Wright correctly diagnosed a torn posterior tibial tendon , recommended surgery, and now I am on way to recovery

flag | Submitted April 12, 2016

Dr. Wright was very helpful and understanding when I called in a panic after my son dislocated his knee. Unfortunately we were out of state when it happened but he offered to look over all of my sons records. He then offered his advice on his treatment. I will be using him from now on.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Very knowledgeable Doctor. Great experience and great medical care.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

I was treated by Dr. Wright for a broken ankle. I had a very good experience. Did not have to have surgery and was happy that surgery was not pushed as the first solution.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2016

Very rude and demeaning. Insulted me from the moment I walked in. No follow up for me went to another doctor.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I went through one of the worst experiences of my life in Feb 2008 when I was 19. I wish hit head on and shattered my knee cap. I was taken to upper Chesapeake and wasn't seen for four hours when they finally sent dr. Wrong...he walked over to me in excruciating pain, glanced at my knee and said, yep it's broken, and started to walk away. My mother was very upset and called him back and asked what was going to be done and he said he had to do surgery but it had to be in the morning. They finally gave me pain medicine, wrapped my leg and sent me home at 2 am. I never slept and the pain medicine wore off in an hr. I couldn't move, I had to be carried. I had a bone sticking out of my leg. At 7 am they called me back for surgery and I don't remember much from after we got to the hospital until I was woken up. They did surgery and discharged me immediately. I was hardly awake, in pain, and didn't have my contacts. My mom was wheeling me out to the car when I heard "that's the thanks I get for fixing you". Apparently dr wrong walked by and I didn't see him and that's all he had to say. He didn't say a word to my parents as I cried the whole way out to the car after that. I had to return to see this man two days later when I fell trying to use my crutches and my incision started bleeding a lot and I was in tremendous pain. I was finally given a prescription for a pain medicine and and my knee was rewrapped. My mom and I both had questions for him regarding my short and long term expectations and and what exactly he did to repair my knee. He found a way to be rude, demeaning and uninformative for every question.we eventually got out of him that he removed 80 percent of my knee cap, put the 20 percent back together using dissolvable stitches, and used the same to put my tendon back together that was split by my bone. All of his predictions ie id be walking without crutches in two months, not needing my brace and having full range of motion, in 6 months, and have little to no permanent difficulties, pain or scar. I started seeing another doctor and he and his staff said that it wasn't the first time they had heard horror stories about dr.wright. It's still not know what he put in my knee even with X-rays but whatever it is they never dissolved and you can see and feel bumps on my knee. Then, my lawyer tried for months to get my medical records from dr wrights office and finally he charged 500 dollars for them and he wanted over a thousand dollars appear at deposition. He's the worst doctor I've ever been to and I wouldn't suggest him to my worst enemy. I'm in shock that he still has a job.

Submitted September 20, 2014

Very rude! Nothing but ignorant, arrogant comments!! Did absolutely nothing but look at x-Ray we had to bring with us! Referred by Upper Chesapeake for our 3 year old with fractured arm from trampoline, told my husband "I hope u feel bad" and proceeded to say how he doesn't like kids! We wil not be returning for a follow up!!

flag | Submitted June 9, 2014

Dr. Wright saw my husband who had 10 broken bones as a result of a motorcylce accident. He was demeaning, rude, arraogant and called my husband a "fatty". I was ready to wheel my husband out of there because of his horrible bedside manner. DO NOT see him unless you want to feel like a piece of crap when you leave! There is no reason a doctor should speak to any patient in that manner. Especially when his patients are the ones who pay his bills!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2014

Dr. Douglas G. Wright's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1983)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal