Ratings for Dr. Marie L. Bonvicino

RUDE, CONDESCENDING AND UNPROFESSIONAL. GO TO A VETERINARIAN BEFORE YOU SEE HER!!!!!

flag | Submitted May 25, 2018

Dr Bonvicino is always nice and very personable. She never seems rushed and always answers all my questions.

flag | Submitted February 9, 2018

She's horrible. I stopped going to her years ago. She's rude, rough, uncaring , all and all not a nice person. I stopped going to her years ago. The last time I went to the Forked River office her and the receptionist made fun of the fact that I travel from up north to go to the doctor. So unprofessional the both of them. Now I go to the office in Toms River. The staff and doctors are so professional and pleasant.

flag | Submitted October 5, 2017

RUDE. Was at the end of a urinary tract infection, which my PCP had prescribed antibiotics for. Still wasn't feeling good, so I thought a visit to OBGYN might be of more help. Had my PCP forward recent test results to Bonvicino. Got into her office, and she informed me that she didn't think I should've come in for something my PCP was already treating me for. I told her if she needed to see my records from my PCP, that they were faxed to her office. She said "We get thousands of faxes per week", and decided not to try to find my records. IF YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A CARING, GENTLE DOCTOR, DON'T SEE BONVICINO. I honestly don't know how someone like this keeps any patients.

flag | Submitted June 15, 2017

This is the rudest and most condescending woman/doctor I have ever encountered. I was in for a breast exam and I was terrified due to some symptoms I had been having. She made me feel small, told me I was having these problems because I was chunky and she cut me off when I tried to voice concerns. I felt like a child and I should have been made to feel comfortable. She has the bedside manner of a rock.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2017

The office staff and nurse practioners are lovely. Today was my first time meeting Dr. Bonvincino. She immediately and curtly advised me that she "did not have time" to address all my concerns and will not discuss birth control options with me today. Her behavior was so condescending and absurd even the nurse practioner was taken back by her unprofessional uncaring demeanor. I am sure she forgot every part of the hypocratic oath she pledge to become an MD. I will not return to her or recommend her. I will pray for her though because she needs it and possibly some mood stabilizers.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

Do not see this dr she doesn't answer any questions and is a condescending jerk. She needs to take a class on bed side manner

flag | Submitted August 5, 2015

I wanted to wait a bit of time before I posted this assessment. I felt that I needed to calm myself down; see if there was room to make any sort of excuse for what I encountered during my visit with Marie L. Bonvincino, MD of “North Dover Ob-Gyn Associates” (Toms River). I did not want to come across as churlish, after all. I can offer the following with regard to my second encounter with her: it was MORE DEMORALIZING than the first. I was surprised by her condescension and complete lack of empathy; startled by it, even. What can you do as the patient, though: you’re unclothed with your feet resting uncomfortably in stirrups, bearing the most private part of your anatomy to a complete stranger; speculum in place. I suppose one might argue that I could have said something like, “PLEASE STOP. I WANT TO LEAVE. NOW!” Then, I could have thrown my clothes back on and sprinted out of the office. I didn’t for I was already well into what I came to realize would be a series of cervical biopsies. I could only fantasize about doing just that, and did so throughout the entire time she was in the exam room with me. I understand: not every practitioner is equipped with good 'bedside manner'; not everyone has a good day all of the time. However, it seems to me that it’s quite possible that none of her medical education included training on the first, and, given what I’ve gone through and heard from her former patients, she is incapable of the experiencing the latter. Lo, she is MISERABLE. She is difficult to communicate with because: she is ABRASIVE, bordering on AGGRESSIVE BULLY; she is PERSECUTORY; she is CONDESCENDING, to reiterate; she is UNKIND. I honestly believe that she DELIGHTS in making her younger patients feel both physically and emotionally uncomfortable. Marie Bonvincino is also SCATTERED; she is NOT CLEAR or FORTHCOMING ABOUT THE DETAILS OF THE VISIT, WHAT CAN BE EXPECTED OF THE EXAM or OF TEST RESULTS TO COME. She strikes me as someone who doesn’t concern herself with self-awareness. I am certain that in response to my “accusations”, Marie Bonvincino would claim that she ‘delivers top quality care and concern for her patients’ and that ‘they ought not to be so sensitive’. Well, it seems to me that the very nature of this particular profession should be rooted in sensitivity!!! Please heed this warning: If you are looking to take your daughter to her first gynecology appointment ever, PLEASE TAKE HER SOMEWHERE ELSE. If you are looking for a gynecologist who will not bully you for personal information and then persecute you over your life choices (e.g., birth control method, decision not to have children, etc.), PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. If you are looking for someone to patiently explain a procedure and give you guidance and information as to what you can expect of recovery and the potential need for future tests, PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. If you are looking for a physician who cares about the emotional needs of the patient, who will work with you as a partner in your healthcare, who will compassionately listen to you and do everything in her power to relieve your anxiety - rather than foster it – (e.g., delivers lab results as soon as possible, including over the phone), PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. If you are worried that you may have a serious problem with your reproductive system, and you are looking for a physician you can trust while in such a delicate state, a physician who is a nurturing female whose shoulder you can cry on or you can count on to give you all of the information in a calm and understanding manner rather than in a curt, bullying tone, PLEASE GO SOMEWHERE ELSE. It surprises me that someone who has practiced for “20+ years” (according to the North Dover Ob-Gyn website, http://www.northdoverobgyn.net/doctors.html) has been able to do so with the behavior that I (and others, apparently) have been subjected to. Maybe it is time for a career change?

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

This is the most condescending uncaring and rudest woman in ob/gyn practice. Do yourself a favor and find ANYONE else to treat you. I am a healthcare provider myself and would NEVER treat a patient the way she has treated me and other patients of my own who have all had awful experiences. Not to mention losing my ultrasound report that was crucial to my health issue that is only part of her attitude and talking down to patients like they are dirt.

flag | Submitted January 1, 2015

flag | Submitted May 18, 2011

Dr. Marie L. Bonvicino's Credentials

• St George'S Univ, Sch Of Med, St George'S, Grenada (Grad. 1992)

Amerigroup